2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

President Harris should have no input whatsoever on whether Donald Trump is ultimately prosecuted. That should be left up to the sole discretion of the Attorney General.

I don’t think that’s what she means. It means she thinks she is the best experienced to lay out Trump’s crimes on the stump and in a debate against him one on one. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think that’s what she means. It means she thinks she is the best experienced to lay out Trump’s crimes on the stump and in a debate against him one on one. 

She needs to do a better job making that clear because the above tweet makes it sound like she is the one who ultimately makes the decision to prosecute.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

She needs to do a better job making that clear because the above tweet makes it sound like she is the one who ultimately makes the decision to prosecute.

How would she prosecute him during the general election? 

33 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

President Harris should have no input whatsoever on whether Donald Trump is ultimately prosecuted. That should be left up to the sole discretion of the Attorney General.

Well, she's probably hoping for Attorney General at this point (maybe VP), so.... yea.

If Pete starts to crater because of this situation in South Bend, it seems to me his highly-educated/paid white liberal base (which is his entire base) would benefit Warren more than Bernie or Biden. It's not a huge amount of voters who might abandon Pete right now, but maybe not nothing.

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If Pete starts to crater because of this situation in South Bend, it seems to me his highly-educated/paid white liberal base (which is his entire base) would benefit Warren more than Bernie or Biden. It's not a huge amount of voters who might abandon Pete right now, but maybe not nothing.

That's me and you would be right.

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beto is still hanging around too.

Beto is toast. He missed his window, and he's not going to bring anything to the debates that the other candidates don't already bring. He's not going to gain national momentum one podunk town hall at a time. Hopefully he realizes it in time to drop out and go get after big bad John.

Edited by BradInATX

Welcome to the debate policy pot-luck, what did you bring?

Warren: No Child Left Behind, but for hospitals
Bernie: Student debt cancellation and free college for everyone
Beto: Tax the poor to pay for war
Pete: Shhhh! Act like you don't see me, I set up a cardboard cutout on a toy train track in my office a'la Home Alone so my constituents still think I'm in South Bend
Harris: HANDS IN THE AIR!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Beto is toast. He missed his window, and he's not going to bring anything to the debates that the other candidates don't already bring. He's not going to gain national momentum one podunk town hall at a time. Hopefully he realizes it in time to drop out and go get after big bad John.

Still too early to write off anyone in the top 10. 

If Pete crashes and burns, many of those folks would likely go back to Beto. 

Moreover, as someone that watches how Beto campaigns, he can catch fire at anytime and his ground game is pretty good.  

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone is kind of a long shot outside of Biden right now.

However, I'd bet on a long shot. 

I think Biden, Bernie, and Warren are the only three with a real chance. There was some data posted on one of these threads awhile back showing that you really do need to be at least in the top 3 at this point to have a chance to win. Harris might still have a shot because she hasn't really blown her exposure wad yet, and she has the markings of a good candidate if she can get some messaging together. She's still got some run in her if played correctly. Pete and Beto seem to have already squandered their exposure windows.

First debate of the primary season is day after tomorrow.  Polling numbers are likely to jump around a good bit as they get under way.  Folks I never gave a chance in hell of doing anything during the GOP primaries last couple of seasons actually spent limited time in the limelight after a good debate performance.  They couldn't sustain it of course (and some weren't even actually running a real campaign and trying to win).  Anyway, my point is that the situation is still very fluid.

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think Biden, Bernie, and Warren are the only three with a real chance. There was some data posted on one of these threads awhile back showing that you really do need to be at least in the top 3 at this point to have a chance to win. Harris might still have a shot because she hasn't really blown her exposure wad yet, and she has the markings of a good candidate if she can get some messaging together. She's still got some run in her if played correctly. Pete and Beto seem to have already squandered their exposure windows.

Yeah, if Biden completely collapses I could see Harris having a resurgence, but I doubt that happens.  It appears the establishment have hitched their wagons to Biden irrespective of all the skeletons in his closet.  

Right now this race is kinda about finding the “Not Biden” candidate and rallying around that person to overtake Biden.  

The sooner that candidate is identified, the more bad news for Biden. 

The watered down 24 person field works to Biden’s advantage because his opposition is split.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Hey guys, you want to see something funny?

Elizabeth Warren (D) 25
Pete Buttigieg (D) 16
Beto O'Rourke (D)  13
Kamala Harris (D)  10
Cory Booker (D) 5
Mike Gravel (D) 5
Jay Inslee (D) 3
Amy Klobuchar (D) 2
Julián Castro (D)  2
Bernie Sanders (D) 2
Andrew Yang (D) 2
Joe Biden (D) 1
Seth Moulton (D) 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hey guys, you want to see something funny?

Elizabeth Warren (D) 25
Pete Buttigieg (D) 16
Beto O'Rourke (D)  13
Kamala Harris (D)  10
Cory Booker (D) 5
Mike Gravel (D) 5
Jay Inslee (D) 3
Amy Klobuchar (D) 2
Julián Castro (D)  2
Bernie Sanders (D) 2
Andrew Yang (D) 2
Joe Biden (D) 1
Seth Moulton (D) 1

What is that?

On 6/19/2019 at 10:38 AM, Fozzz said:

Hasn't Mayor Pete said he supports a two-state solution?  How does that work with the US embassy remaining in Jerusalem given that Jerusalem is part of the Palestinian state under the '67 lines?  What kind of two-state solution does Mayor Pete have in mind? 

the US embassy is (mostly) inside the 1949 international zone, with a part being on the israeli side of the 49-67 lines.  it's not on territory occupied in 1967, so you're wrong about that.  a real ballsy answer would be 'no, i'm not moving the US embassy from jerusalem.  i'm opening an embassy to palestine across the street.'  want a two state solution?  force it.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

After the first round of debates, we need to cut the bullshit. This is a joke.

Should go 20, to 15, to 10, to 5. Enough of the clown car. Giving Trump a trillion debates with 20 people was a problem. I want the field to be 5-7 by the time it’s Iowa.