Five Dollars. Maybe I'll go to the movies . . . by myself

dcbc

15 hours ago, dcbc said:

And she stepped on the ball.

Fun fact I've posted before, but that scene features the siblings of an eventual showbiz power couple.  Harry is played by Nicholas Guest, Christopher's real life brother.  And Muffy (whom says the referenced line above) is played by Kelly Curtis, sister of Jamie-Lee.  The two would be married one year after the film's release.  And given his slight nobility in the British Monarchy, likely marking today's coronation with some degree of revelry.  Muffy's whereabouts remain unknown.    

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Would you like some beef jerky?  There's plenty of it you know.

Not to be too picky, but I've repeated that line every time I've ever held a piece of beef jerky.

Edited by dcbc
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

Always wondered if this was an homage to Auntie Mame.

Wow!  That's it.  Either an omage or they were talking about Mame!  Either way, how perfectly WASPy.  Good find!

And the Mame Motto fits: "Life is a banquet and most poor sons of bitches are starving to death."

Edited by dcbc

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe the best comedy ever.  Still holds up anytime you watch it.  And it managed to teach America about short selling commodities futures.  

It’s a classic and I watch every Christmas season, but we can be honest that it’s use of the n word and black face don’t quite hold up to the times