NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

5 straight losses for aggy. They aren't making the tournament. It's going to be interesting what they do with Buzz. 

Buzz is perfect coach for aggy.  he gets them, they get him.  has plenty of gimmicky shit they love over competence.

now if we beat him in the SEC he won't be there long.  If he does what smart aggy corches do he will focus everything on beating us and cash checks for eternity.

Posted (edited)

How far does Shaka make it in the tourney? One and done? 2nd round? By the grace of God does he somehow luck out and finally reach the Sweet 16 for the 2nd time in his 15 years of coaching?

image.png.0bb4a7c4ed997bca5448e4fbf8dfd6b7.png

Edited by Chad

Ok so ESPN has us in the “work to do” column and had us as an 8 seed…normal right? Well then you see Tcu as a 9 seed, but are in the “lock to get in” category…so we have work to do but projected a higher seed. They are in but projected lower….i may not be rainman but I know that doesn’t really add up and I didn’t sleep at a holiday inn express.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

But NIL is  definitely NOT pay for play. WTF are we doing here, lulz. 

https://frontofficesports.com/new-mens-college-basketball-tournament-nil/

The whole thing is crooked. From the NCAA on down. I don't blame the kids. I'd want paid too, especially if my coach was being paid millions per year. The schools get tons of money. TV makes tons of money. Everybody makes tons of money. I'm not saying I think it is a good thing. I've said many times that the top-100 high school recruits each year should go to the NBA developmental leagues, and be paid a minimum salary with healthcare. Let the NBA pay for the development, like European soccer teams do. The NBA generated a gross of $10,580,000,000 in 2023.

I don't know the answer to fixing this. I guess it is better than the under the table payments coming through shoe companies and street hustlers. I always laugh when I think of what happened to players in the not so distant past, Chris Webber, Reggie Bush, Terrell Pryor, etc., compared to the amount of money being paid now.

It's all crazy and I have no faith in anyone running things to save, let alone fix, things.