Surly Horns Stampede To Tuscaloosa

immamac

3 hours ago, atxchillin said:

Staying in Birmingham and found a shuttle that will pick up either at the sheraton downtown or at John Hawkins Pkwy.  Anyone know if there would be Longhorns at either location?  

Do you have any more details on this shuttle? Still considering options for gameday travel to T-town.

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Do you have any more details on this shuttle? Still considering options for gameday travel to T-town.

Its called Tide Express and is advertised on the school website.  https://southernsportstours.com/  

Seems very 1999, you have to call to book $75 per person.  I'm trying to decide between that and off campus parking

Hipsters and Alabama did not compute.  Had to use my google machine. 

https://www.al.com/bhammag/2015/01/damn_its_hard_and_expensive_to.html

A friend of mine just left town. The place was changing, he complained.

"I moved here to get away from the hipsters," he said. "Bastards followed me."

So he sold his loft, grabbed his guitar and his funny hat and left Birmingham to pursue his mid-life doctorate. And I just shook my head. Because I know that the first stage of hipsteria is denial. Hipsters hate hipsters. Almost as much as they hate national restaurant chains and genetically modified foods.

But he's right about Birmingham. It is becoming Hipsterham.

All of a sudden Birmingham is infested with hipsters. All those giant lenses and Doc Martens and flannels. You can't walk a block downtown without tripping over a pair of skinny jeans.

I don't really know whether the explosion of local beer brought the hipsters to Birmingham or if the hipsters started Birmingham's beer boom in the first place. But if you want to find them, just pop open a local IPA. And offer to pay

But be careful. I have a theory – as yet unproven – that hipsters are like gremlins. Feed them craft beer after midnight they multiply.

Pretty funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Is it through Southern Sports Tours?

Yes, any experience with them?   I'm assuming it will be bama fans plus me but would be excited about it if it was even 10% Longhorns.  Would you recommend driving and parking versus the shuttle.  I'm not a fan of driving after games here but I'm guessing Tuscaloosa is no Austin.

12 minutes ago, atxchillin said:

Yes, any experience with them?   I'm assuming it will be bama fans plus me but would be excited about it if it was even 10% Longhorns.  Would you recommend driving and parking versus the shuttle.  I'm not a fan of driving after games here but I'm guessing Tuscaloosa is no Austin.

No direct experience but have several co-workers who have done it (I live in Atlanta) and say it’s a well-run, professional setup, usually with a decent amount of visiting fans. I’m 80% I’m doing the shuttle myself…

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Assman said:

We're leaving Dallas Thursday night, spending the night in Vicksburg so I can hit the craps tables, then pressing to T-Town on Fri morning. We're staying at the Hampton Inn there.

Are you in the University area Hampton inn in the East Tuscaloosa one?

16 minutes ago, atxchillin said:

I’m taking it on the way back since I‘m already getting dropped off early AM, but it sounds like a damn good deal to me. Way better than any other option I was able to find with availability. Plus a dark, air conditioned bus with a bathroom will be great after what should be a very long day, win or lose. The people I’m staying with near Birmingham further confirmed that the drive back from Tuscaloosa postgame is a nightmare, so I’ll take my chances with the Bammers on board.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, kwood4408 said:

There are some decent strip clubs in Birmingham for those that are interested. Also a bunch of bars in the Five points area.

Way back in the day I may have frequented those Strip Clubs....but those girls gotta be drawing social security by now.

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Birmingham and have lived here most of my life. If there are decent strip clubs here I am not aware of them. 

Maybe it was just good timing but went to the Furnace a few times in 2019 or so and seemed pretty good. Was another but can’t remember the name.

Got it. I thought that place was closed but now it seems to have reopened. The famous one here in town is Sammy's and it is objectively horrific.

There was one that was really bad but the others were good. Was actually kind of surprised at the quality and only went because I had several consultants that were working in Birmingham that had upcoming weddings so threw together a couple bachelor party nights.

Bought a parking pass from UA's gameday provider for $35 including fees

https://reserve.imclutch.com/ua  pass is immediately available on their app.

Lot C. Free shuttle will take us from there (stop 5) to the Quad (Surly tailgate area)

Open as early as 7 AM on gameday and needs to be cleared 1.5 hours after game (not sure how well enforced that will be)

image.thumb.png.97f4886236eca74bc8a0928667223b50.png

This is confirmed. Fajitas ordered, kegs ordered. Need help transporting some stuff pre and post game from folks who have trucks or suvs if possible.

Supposed to have a SUV rented but will see what end up with but can help however I can pre game. Will be driving it back to the vrbo and ubering rest of day/night.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Assman said:

Ticket prices coming down from where they were last week.  Can easily get into the upper deck vistor's section for less than $350 with all fees.  Last week they were $400-450. 

lower bowl NN is at $485.. gonna wait til Sunday .. buy either way

• Pancho unpinned this topic