THE OPEN: ROYAL LIVERPOOL July 20-23, 2023

LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

18th hole is an important tee shot for Spieth (-3) with out of bounds on the right.

Back up on the 18th tee. Hopefully Jordan can finish today's Rd no worse than -3

Spiethcoaster:  Hit's bunker on left.  Hopefully he can still get a par on the par 5 18th hole.

Just asked Greller what's the play on his 3rd shot... 😂

Left of 18th green after 3rd shot

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Thankfully I don't have to listen to Faldo on the Featured Group Coverage 😂😂😂

Speaking of which, I hopped on the (delayed) round for Rory/Rahm/Rose, and WTF Peacock?

Rory hits off 1, soon as contact is made... commercial. Didn't even get to see where it was headed. Tink->Instant commercial.

Rahm... same thing. Never saw Justin hit his.

Had to be a glitch.

Even better, was on the feed with Scottie, and they showed Rory teeing off like 25 minutes or so before that feed started. And then their feed started on the first tee. So that seems to be behind. Maybe that's just to start and gives them room to wiggle over the round or something. Kind of shocked, as the featured group feeds are usually done pretty well.

• Rage+1 1

On 7/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, LTtxfan said:

I only have Peacock via streaming, so wondering if any sightings of Cantlay & Koepka have popped up today on USA channel ??

Would love to see Koepka scowling... 😋

Screenshot_2023-07-20-12-27-39_kindlephoto-1337971.png.d547c70efaa54c6dc5c74db6137c21c0.png

Koepka finishes today  -1

Was +2 at one point, then had 3 birdies on his back 9 holes.

With none of the favorites in the afternoon getting hot and some poor weather expected over next few days, better watch out for Brooks...

This thing is wide fucking open so far. I'd expect all 3 guys at -5 to fall apart or have worse rounds the next few days. The am assuredly will - and I'm not high on Grillo or Fleetwood to go wire to wire at a major with their combined 1 Tour win. Clark and Homa are the only legit guys within a couple strokes right now and I guess Harman can play a little.

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This thing is wide fucking open so far. I'd expect all 3 guys at -5 to fall apart or have worse rounds the next few days. The am assuredly will - and I'm not high on Grillo or Fleetwood to go wire to wire at a major with their combined 1 Tour win. Clark and Homa are the only legit guys within a couple strokes right now and I guess Harman can play a little.

Yeah, +2 after today is still in this tournament

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, will hate to see him miss Ryder Cup

I won’t hate it if he doesn’t round in to form. Currently 13th in RC standings so he has  a lot of work to do I a short amount of time. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Man , JT has totally lost his game. 75th in FedEx points. +6 thru 15 today. 

20 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Damn this bunker to bunker shit from JT is nuts.

Course is kicking his ass all over the place. 

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

My guess that some of poor coverage is because Sky Sports is probably providing the feed

I usually like the Sky Sports coverage of the DP World Tour so I would think that this isn't the case. This feels like the same tired old bullshit coverage we get from NBC week in and week out. CBS + ESPN is the way.