THE OPEN: ROYAL LIVERPOOL July 20-23, 2023

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Harman has one hand firmly on the Claret. Just can't see him shooting worse than one or two over today. His putter isn't showing any signs of betrayal.

Thru 60 holes, the little man has been impressive...

335285-1.jpg

I would like to congratulate Brian Harman on being the Champion golfer of the Year (not kidding/not jinxing); the only thing that can stop him now is somehow going Van De Velt on 17 and/or 18

And welcome to the Ryder Cup - USA USA USA!

Edited by Wally Fairway

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Scottie shoots -4 (67) and ends up Even for the tournament.  Hope I'm wrong, but won't be surprised to see Spiethcoaster finish behind Scottie...

Conditions seem to be getting worse.

Spiethcoaster tied with Scottie at Even going into 18th.  Jordan has a birdie putt attempt from 20ft...  Just misses.

Shoots 73, ends up tied with Scottie

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Harman has a lot of holes left. I just think he's too many shots clear. I don't see anyone getting to better than -9.

Yep. Ultra conservative, pars for the win. 

I think someone will have to get to -10 to have a sliver of hope he comes back to them.

Sometimes it’s just your moment when everything clicks. 

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Spieth -3.15 strokes gained putting (138th)

Thx for that confirmation.  Jordan might need some new coaching for putting -- maybe spend some time with Faxon.

I also wonder how much longer Greller can tolerate Jordan... he's a fuckin' beating at times.

2 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Putting machine.  Lead back to 4.

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Harman has one hand firmly on the Claret. Just can't see him shooting worse than one or two over today. His putter isn't showing any signs of betrayal.

Screenshot_20230723-121709_kindlephoto-15215198.png.4e43791deeaccf72631683f80eff976c.png

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

only guy to shoot all 4 in the 60's.  Dude crushed the field.  Hilarious his wife is at home going on 4 mile walks.

She's gotta keep in shape for that 3 day marathon fuck he's going to lay on her after this. Of course a day and a half or it is going to spent waggling his dick before crushing it in her

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

only guy to shoot all 4 in the 60's.  Dude crushed the field.  Hilarious his wife is at home going on 4 mile walks.

She's gotta keep in shape for that 3 day marathon fuck he's going to lay on her after this. Of course a day and a half or it is going to spent waggling his dick before crushing it in her

I am actually rooting for the “lefty” Brian Harman. Dude isn’t even 5’9 and knocks it a ton for a guy his size. He’s been a “journey man” pro for over a decade, so I would be excited for him to see it through to the Claret Jug.

Hook’em!!!

On 7/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, msucolt45 said:

I am actually rooting for the “lefty” Brian Harmon. Dude isn’t even 5’9 and knocks it a ton for a guy his size. He’s been a “journey man” pro for over a decade, so I would be excited for him to see it through to the Claret Jug.

Hook’em!!!

Rory is about the same size. A lot of small guys out there hitting it a mile these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

My ballot application for Royal Troon was successful - 4 tickets to the Saturday round. Can't tell how amazing of a feat that is (it's not the Masters after all) and not sure how I'm going to pull it off, but I have to at least buy the tickets, right?

Not to rain on your parade, but I entered for Liverpool for the first time last year and got tickets. I did it again for Troon this year and got selected again

13 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

Were you able to scalp the extra tickets?

The open ticket app has a resell platform, so you can just say I don’t want these tickets and they will find someone who wants them. You can also transfer the tickets to someone else by entering their email address, but that isn’t available until a couple weeks before the tournament, so it could be difficult to reliably find someone last minute. A couple of my practice round tickets didn’t sell, but they aren’t very expensive