2023 Ryder Cup - Marco Simone Golf & CC, Roma, Italy

Wally Fairway

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean this just isn't a very good US team. And on top of it ZJ doesn't seem to be making the best picks and Cantlay is being a fuckhead in the locker room. 

JT was a desperation selection and Cantlay should never be on the team again. We have a lot of guys with little experience, one of our best players doesn't play a regular Tour schedule, and some of our stars were in poor form coming in. 

And yes, we haven't played well in Europe in 30 years.

Our squad from last cup could have came over here and won this shit. These 12 guys never really had a shot. 

agreed. I was laughing at everyone saying on paper the US team was better.  uh no.  their top 4 are miles ahead of our top 4.  I have no idea about the Cantaly thing.  sounds like internet BS to me.  I do love that we now hear about some sickness going around.  The sickness is they are a bunch of pussies.  even as bad as the team is, they should be competitive.  you can tell by how many matches the euro's come back to win/halve in the last 3 or 4 holes.

all that is left is to see if the Euros can beat the final score from last year.   Zach Johnson sucks ass also but whatever. he's just a dude writing names on a piece of paper and saying "you can do it".  the captain thing is so overblown.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I do love that we now hear about some sickness going around.  The sickness is they are a bunch of pussies. 

Lol. That may well be the case. I'm just not sure that the blanket characterization that they don't give a shit is fair. The Euros probably care more about this one - they just got whipped at the last cup. 

Zach Johnson the golfer always looked like a guy worried about the bad stuff happening. From that, I can extrapolate from whole cloth his captaincy being a bunch of “don’t fuck it up!” instead of “we can do this!” having not watched a second of his press for this or any on-course stuff that might have been televised. 

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes. This course is total horseshit. 

21 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Golf course is shit. 3 drivable par 4s. The 16th is a total trash hole.

You guys are crazy. Great match play set up. Greens are perfect. Just because it isn't set up to bomb it anywhere you want off the tee then bunt a sand wedge up there like 90% of the courses on the pga tour doesn't make it shit. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

What a fucking shitshow.

And this is just fucking embarassing. #1 player in the world and a 5 time major winner. Way to go, fellas.

Screenshot_20230930_071519_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d296e313c2bc312bc7efc5e9357a3ec7.jpg

I mean, I never thought we were going to win but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

How do you get your ass kicked for 30+ years straight just because you are playing in a different country?  because you don't give a shit and you wilt like a motherfucker.

I think the Euros are feeding off all of the freedom that exists in the EU. American guys don’t know what to make of all that freedom. 

Side Note: USMNT CB Chris Richards just got subbed in late to help secure Crystal Palace’s 0-1 lead AT Old Trafford. (Also taking place in Europe, but this American may actually be a winner today.)

6 minutes ago, pops said:

You guys are crazy. Great match play set up. Greens are perfect. Just because it isn't set up to bomb it anywhere you want off the tee then bunt a sand wedge up there like 90% of the courses on the pga tour doesn't make it shit. 

It's an intentionally gimmicky setup to give them an edge. I'm sure it's a nice course outside of that. 

Just now, ztejas said:

It's an intentionally gimmicky setup to give them an edge. I'm sure it's a nice course outside of that. 

Obviously it is set up to their strengths, but I don't see anything gimmicky about it. 308 downhill with water right, bunkers left and thick rough isn't gimmicky. That's a great finishing match play hole. 

And nice coaching,  Zach. 

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think the Euros are feeding off all of the freedom that exists in the EU. American guys don’t know what to make of all that freedom. 

Side Note: USMNT CB Chris Richards just got subbed in late to help secure Crystal Palace’s 0-1 lead AT Old Trafford. (Also taking place in Europe, but this American may actually be a winner today.)

what are you talking about?  our guys just suck ass when it isn't a PGA tour setup and I believe they don't really give a shit.  realistically half the team shouldn't even be there. what the fuck happened to Morikawa, Xander, Scheffler?  Spieth is just whatever.  Love the guy but he's not gonna carry the team.  too wild.

reality is these guys need DJ snorting some coke off stripper ass in the locker and then going out and kicking ass. they probably need DCB acting like he's the second coming of Bobby Jones and the man that understands golf better than any human alive.  these guys just wilt under pressure.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Zach Johnson the golfer always looked like a guy worried about the bad stuff happening. From that, I can extrapolate from whole cloth his captaincy being a bunch of “don’t fuck it up!” instead of “we can do this!” having not watched a second of his press for this or any on-course stuff that might have been televised. 

zach johnson is the tom herman of the PGA

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

NBC re-airing today’s rounds instead of college football. Can only imagine how terrible the ratings are going to be. 

Yeah. Kind of dumb. Folks that want to watch the Ryder are going to wake up and tune in. The olds that want to watch the replay can do it on NBC Sports or GOLF. Lord knows they all pay $300/mo for cable anyway.

• Haha 1

We need to flip either the 6th or 12th pairing. Burns is cooked. They'll need 2 points after that. Harman or Clark need to find a way to tie and we'd have to have the rest of the board stand pat.

I mean we don't appear to have a shot in hell but it's at least interesting for the moment.