SEC mega screenshots

This is really good stuff; thanks for sharing.

Quite interesting that even though many of those posters seem frustrated, concerned and even fearful, are still somewhat rational in comparison to what we see from the a&m posters.  Aggie posters typically go directly to some abstract cheating or elaborate rouse to force him to go to Texas over his true favorite in college station. Then starts the blaming of the SEC leadership, ESPN, building up some 3 star JAG backup option etc. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ousux said:

Swamp aggy has their very own Billy who is some sort of god to them? Too good to be fiction lol

Honestly, I've always assumed that LSU fans were worse than Aggies but they are surprisingly reasonable. 

Not, you know, actually reasonable, but better than I expected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I can't explain to non recruiting people how much I enjoy schools that have been playing the bag game for years and years now want the NCAA to do something because they can't compete with us.  But for us, its all kittens and rainbows.

Animated GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

that one guy must be listening to ketch about not having any top 25 kids in state committed to UT.. but it's far from a trash class.. they'll see in December

Seems like they should be more worried about us taking the best 2 prospects in LA than what we are/aren't signing in TX. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

that one guy must be listening to ketch about not having any top 25 kids in state committed to UT.. but it's far from a trash class.. they'll see in December

LSU should worry more about us raiding their state than what happens in ours.

• Hook 'Em 2

They really are all predictable morons.   I do like how they will not cheer for a kid who chose a different school, as if that matters.  Oh no, bubbalsufishfucker69 isn't going to whoop for Simmons if the picks a different school. How will he ever recover from that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The swamp kitties seem truly convinced it all comes down to $ amount lol. At least unlike aggy they aren't fabricating actual amounts...unless I missed it. But like their collie station brethren they truly don't seem to know the difference between the classic bag game and NIL.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ousux said:

The swamp kitties seem truly convinced it all comes down to $ amount lol. At least unlike aggy they aren't fabricating actual amounts...unless I missed it. But like their collie station brethren they truly don't seem to know the difference between the classic bag game and NIL.

All they know is if they’re not the only ones paying, it isn’t fair.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just posted

Wednesday Night Thoughts: 5-star Colin Simmons

Shea Dixon

I will try to lay this out in the best way I can to give you a feel for where my head is at right now.

For starters, the more people I talk with around the industry, the more I get the sense that everyone felt this was going to be a recruitment where Simmons wanted everyone guessing - we just thought it would be on the eve of National Signing Day and not in August. Simmons said he wants to "shock the world", so he's not going to do much to tip his hand at this stage. We're not surprised at all by that.

When I look at the few times Simmons went on record with the media this offseason, I circle the On3 NIL Elite Series in Nashville when he said LSU and Texas were out front, but it was still an open race for all teams. And his actions backed it up. Over the past 16 months, he has visited both schools six times. He has Miami as the other team in his final three, and at this stage, that's the pick that would really shock everyone. His actions speak to him being most interested in the Tigers and Longhorns. TCU, one of his local offers, was the only other school he made more than three visits to during his recruitment, and they aren't part of his final three.

Texas landed the final official visit in June, and from speaking with a number of people on the UT side, I've gathered that is when the confidence really picked up. That weekend, he evidently did enough to make the Longhorns staff feel very good about landing his commitment.

What really shook things up was when Simmons made the visit for the Bayou Splash.

LSU had been working a ton of angles behind the scenes to get the visit set up, and when he and his family came in for a multiple day stay, that was telling. Even when he was setting the visit up before it went public, I had some doubts that it would come to fruition. Certainly he wouldn't only visit LSU and not any other college across an entire week following a month-long dead period. But, it panned out as LSU said it would. Simmons didn't visit any other school during that 7-day window in between the NCAA's two dead periods, and staying on the LSU campus from late Thursday evening until Sunday certainly gave the Tigers reason to feel good. After the weekend, the confidence was as high as I had seen it from LSU sources, which told me there was a reason they were feeling good. When I talked to some commitments who were there, as well as sources, I got the feeling the Tigers were starting to really feel good about pulling this off. They had Simmons there at the same time as Duncanville RB Caden Durham and two other teammates (including five-star Dakorien Moore), and the more people I spoke with, the more I got word back that the weekend may well have tipped the scales in LSU's favor.

At least that's how the Tigers were left feeling. When he got home and revealed that he wasn't going to wait until the Early Signing Period and instead would announce August 10, that's when my confidence really went up. I never viewed him and Durham as a package deal and still don't, but if he was ready to announce following an extended stay in Baton Rouge, that had to be good for LSU, right?

Then came a back-and-forth battle that picked up even more steam over the past 10+ days. Sources on both sides said the two staffs were going back-and-forth a lot with Simmons and his family as they continued to make final pitches. It was clear that it was playing out like everyone expected, which was a wild recruitment that would come down to the final days and nights.

Now that we're here, Simmons hasn't tipped his hand. But we've seen optimism growing on the Texas end, even if reserved. I think that's just how everyone approaches this recruitment. Meanwhile, sources on the LSU end didn't feel it was completely over, but also admitted that confidence was waning. It's clear that the conversations from his visit and those happening a week-plus later in crunch time were not matching up 100%. It's not the first time that happens with recruits, and it won't be the last. Could it be because Simmons was leaning towards another school, or is it simply the uncertainty you take into the recruitment of a high-profile out-of-state prospect like this when he's keeping things close to the vest by design? It's another thing that has left both LSU and Texas folks hesitant to matter of factly say what's going to happen. The truth is, I don't know what he's going to do. I can talk to sources in both spots and put together all my thoughts from his recruitment, but at the end of the day, it's nothing more than me spelling it out and taking a guess.

When I senses LSU didn't feel it was 100% done, I moved my confidence back score down to 55% on my On3 RPM. I was back to a coin flip after feeling LSU had taken the lead following the Bayou Splash. I knew the Texas push would come again, and it did. And we're starting to see folks on that side gain a little bit of confidence in standing behind their picks for the Longhorns. When I stepped back and really looked at it, here's my take. From the LSU perspective, you have to weigh how much this recruitment means to the Longhorns. I was pointed in the direction of two facts that I didn't even realize.

1) Over the past 10 years, the state of Texas has only produced two On3 Industry 5-star EDGE rushers. Myles Garrett was the first, and he signed with Texas A&M. Clayton Smith was the other, and he signed with Oklahoma. Even if you branch out beyond 5-star EDGE rushers and just look at Top 50 overall recruits who were EDGE rushers out of Texas over the past decade, the list only grows to K'Lavon Chaisson and Erick Fowler. Chaisson obviously went to LSU, while Fowler landed at Texas and later transferred out. For the Longhorns, this is their chance to finally land a 5-star EDGE rusher out of Texas.

2) Over the past 10 years, the Longhorns have only signed the No. 1 overall prospect in Texas one time. That was safety BJ Foster. The other nine guys all went elsewhere. When that was pointed out to me, it came with the commentary that Texas - as they gear up to enter the SEC - knows they need these kind of recruiting wins. And that starts with keeping a guy like Simmons in-state when he's got you among his final three teams, and you're the only in-state team still in it.

Another person who is very tied to the Texas side told me that this is a "Leonard Fournette type of moment for Texas" in terms of landing a 5-star and Top 5 overall prospect out of their home state. When I think back to Fournette, LSU was going to do everything they could to make sure he stayed home. There might have been nervous moments along the way, but in the end LSU got it done.

When I view it through that lens, I see why the Longhorns would do all they could to make sure they kept Simmons in Texas. If not, it's a "heads will roll" type of feeling in losing him after the Longhorns had confidence for so long.

I figured by this evening we would hear whether this was completely done or not on LSU's end, but I don't think that final conversation has happened. With a 2 p.m announcement, my guess is LSU, Texas and Miami are all on the phone with him and his mom in the morning. Perhaps we hear something definitive, but if not, I won't be surprised at all. It's how Simmons has wanted it to unfold with the public.

If I'm an LSU fan, I enter tomorrow with excitement first over the likely addition of Duncanville four-star RB Caden Durham. LSU feels he can be an absolute game changer. And for Frank Wilson to only offer and go after one RB this cycle, it tells me he's the real deal. Then, I would approach the Simmons announcement with the knowledge that LSU did about all they could here, but this one means a TON to Texas. If LSU gets him, rejoice. If they miss out, don't be surprised. I know it's not an answer to his choice, but I don't have that to offer up at this stage. So, instead this was my insight into how things have unfolded and where we sit now entering the eve of the decision

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Have to admit, I was expecting to read a whole hell of a lot more dumbfuckery when I opened this thread. Surprisingly level-headed posts for SEC mouthbreathers. 

Yeah, compare this to the aggy board / "insiders" ..

Was thinking a lot of the other SEC fan bases and specially LSU would be equally unhinged but this is a let down - nowhere close to the delusions and conspiracy theories that aggy would've come up with. 

The way these other schools, and even the national writers, fail to grasp the basic concept that different staffs can have different results is fucking baffling. If a school is just who they are, then why fire coaches? So fucking stupid. Schools may have natural advantages and headwinds of all kinds, but to pretend coaching changes can’t change fortunes and results, one of the basic premises of football, is fucking hilariously baffling to me. And they all fucking do it over and over! Blows my mind. 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Have to admit, I was expecting to read a whole hell of a lot more dumbfuckery when I opened this thread. Surprisingly level-headed posts for SEC mouthbreathers. 

Rationality?  It seems pretty much the same garbage:

We're  buying him with a ridiculous offer, but he really wants to go to LSU.  

We're a entitled program full of mercenaries that develops nobody and if he was really serious about football he'd be going to LSU.

ETC ETC ETC

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

The way these other schools, and even the national writers, fail to grasp the basic concept that different staffs can have different results is fucking baffling. If a school is just who they are, then why fire coaches? So fucking stupid. Schools may have natural advantages and headwinds of all kinds, but to pretend coaching changes can’t change fortunes and results, one of the basic premises of football, is fucking hilariously baffling to me. And they all fucking do it over and over! Blows my mind. 

Wait, are you saying being developed by Kyle Flood for four years will result in a different outcome than playing for Herb Hand? /s

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's hilarious that the LSU fans don't understand how a kid from the "inner city"  of .... DUNCANVILLE .... would choose Austin over Baton Rouge. 

When Shreveport is a major metro area in your state, Duncanville probably looks like the inner city...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-08-10-08-39-11-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

LOL, they've caught up. Bags weren't NIL. You are getting your doors blown off in NIL and always will. Size matters. Bank accounts, cities, population, alumni base, all of it. And now you have to compete legally. Bitches crying how it isn't fair. Fuck you for illegally paying players for the last 2 decades while Texas was wearing white gloves. And for that dumb fuck up thread that blamed the NCAA.....LMFAO.....have a fucking clue. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thursday Recruiting Nuggets: Latest I'm hearing in DuncanvilleVIP

Sonny Shipp

I did not wake up feeling good about my LSU pick on Simmons, but I had not changed it as of 8 a.m.

Since my Wednesday update on where I was on that front, I know LSU worked all day and into the night. Some sources I’ve spoken to expressed a little more confidence than Wednesday, but I caution you against getting your hopes up much, because that was when it seemed this stage of the recruitment was dead.

Too many sources expressed to me how much the family loved the Baton Rouge area and Zachary school system, and how much his younger brother loved LSU. I believe that is where some of the increased confidence comes from combined with some additional NIL opportunities.

The Texas side remains very confident and nothing appears to have changed from its point of view. Miami is still mentioned, but I see this as a lot more of LSU vs. Texas for today’s news.

Just a headsup on where I am right now as I continue to dig

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Thursday Recruiting Nuggets: Latest I'm hearing in DuncanvilleVIP

Sonny Shipp

I did not wake up feeling good about my LSU pick on Simmons, but I had not changed it as of 8 a.m.

Since my Wednesday update on where I was on that front, I know LSU worked all day and into the night. Some sources I’ve spoken to expressed a little more confidence than Wednesday, but I caution you against getting your hopes up much, because that was when it seemed this stage of the recruitment was dead.

Too many sources expressed to me how much the family loved the Baton Rouge area and Zachary school system, and how much his younger brother loved LSU. I believe that is where some of the increased confidence comes from combined with some additional NIL opportunities.

The Texas side remains very confident and nothing appears to have changed from its point of view. Miami is still mentioned, but I see this as a lot more of LSU vs. Texas for today’s news.

Just a headsup on where I am right now as I continue to dig

"The increased optimism stems from observations of things that occurred weeks ago."

Yeah, they're fucked.