SEC mega screenshots

Shea Dixon
Publisher  Staff member

On3 will be hosting the announcements for Duncanville's Caden Durham and Colin Simmons. You can watch it all on the On3 YouTube page. The announcements will start at 2 p.m. Durham up first, the Simmons.

Some thoughts as we enter the final hours.

*** Durham will choose between LSU, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. I've got my On3 RPM confidence score on LSU at 90%. The work done here by Frank Wilson and the Tigers has been really impressive. He was once considered a heavy lean to the Sooners, but LSU just kept chipping away. They really buckled in over the summer months, and getting him back for the Bayou Splash was really key. The pitch of RB development was huge here for LSU. They zeroed in on a "Durham or Bust" approach, and confidence is high that it pays off here in a few hours. The Tigers see him as a true game changer.

*** With Simmons, I can't offering anything more than an educated guess at this stage. LSU felt great about things coming out of the Bayou Splash, and when he immediately set up a decision day for the same time as Durham, the confidence increased that the Tigers could pull it off. Then came another big surge from the Texas side, and sources on the LSU end have had their confidence drop from where it was 10 days ago. To this point, Simmons has not told LSU no. That doesn't mean they're the pick though, and multiple schools have indicated that at different points in the 5-star's recruitment, he's given both Texas and LSU reasons to feel confident. As we inch closer to a decision, I'm leaning the Longhorns based off speaking with sources and then the reality of just how big of a need he is to Texas this cycle. As I mentioned on Wednesday evening, Texas has only signed the No. 1 prospect in the Lone Star State once over the past decade. And across those 10 years, the Longhorns have missed out on both 5-star EDGE rushers the state has produced (Myles Garrett and Clayton Smith). With a move to the SEC coming, all the pressure is on Texas to get a win in a recruitment like this. With Simmons ranked as the No. 1 player in Texas and No. 1 edge rusher in America, sources close to the Longhorns are calling this a "make or break" recruitment. That tells me Texas is going to do all they can to keep the 5-star+ prospect at home for college. I am not surprised that Simmons has not told any of the three schools that they are not the pick. It plays into how he's handled his recruitment all along, which is to keep people guessing.

For LSU fans, I would enter the announcement ready to celebrate a Top 10 RB addition in Durham, then if somehow the Tigers pull it off with Simmons, great. If not, it's not a surprise at all. If we get anything concrete, we will pass it along. Until then, it's wait-and-see mode. I won't pretend to know what Simmons is actually going to do.

As I've mentioned before, when LSU went into Duncanville to chase both guys more than a year ago, I said that given LSU's lack of ever signing a Duncanville player, I would be impressed if they could get just one of them. They are on track to do that, and now we will wait and see how the domino falls for Simmons

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Shea Dixon
Publisher  Staff member

On3 will be hosting the announcements for Duncanville's Caden Durham and Colin Simmons. You can watch it all on the On3 YouTube page. The announcements will start at 2 p.m. Durham up first, the Simmons.

Some thoughts as we enter the final hours.

*** Durham will choose between LSU, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. I've got my On3 RPM confidence score on LSU at 90%. The work done here by Frank Wilson and the Tigers has been really impressive. He was once considered a heavy lean to the Sooners, but LSU just kept chipping away. They really buckled in over the summer months, and getting him back for the Bayou Splash was really key. The pitch of RB development was huge here for LSU. They zeroed in on a "Durham or Bust" approach, and confidence is high that it pays off here in a few hours. The Tigers see him as a true game changer.

*** With Simmons, I can't offering anything more than an educated guess at this stage. LSU felt great about things coming out of the Bayou Splash, and when he immediately set up a decision day for the same time as Durham, the confidence increased that the Tigers could pull it off. Then came another big surge from the Texas side, and sources on the LSU end have had their confidence drop from where it was 10 days ago. To this point, Simmons has not told LSU no. That doesn't mean they're the pick though, and multiple schools have indicated that at different points in the 5-star's recruitment, he's given both Texas and LSU reasons to feel confident. As we inch closer to a decision, I'm leaning the Longhorns based off speaking with sources and then the reality of just how big of a need he is to Texas this cycle. As I mentioned on Wednesday evening, Texas has only signed the No. 1 prospect in the Lone Star State once over the past decade. And across those 10 years, the Longhorns have missed out on both 5-star EDGE rushers the state has produced (Myles Garrett and Clayton Smith). With a move to the SEC coming, all the pressure is on Texas to get a win in a recruitment like this. With Simmons ranked as the No. 1 player in Texas and No. 1 edge rusher in America, sources close to the Longhorns are calling this a "make or break" recruitment. That tells me Texas is going to do all they can to keep the 5-star+ prospect at home for college. I am not surprised that Simmons has not told any of the three schools that they are not the pick. It plays into how he's handled his recruitment all along, which is to keep people guessing.

For LSU fans, I would enter the announcement ready to celebrate a Top 10 RB addition in Durham, then if somehow the Tigers pull it off with Simmons, great. If not, it's not a surprise at all. If we get anything concrete, we will pass it along. Until then, it's wait-and-see mode. I won't pretend to know what Simmons is actually going to do.

As I've mentioned before, when LSU went into Duncanville to chase both guys more than a year ago, I said that given LSU's lack of ever signing a Duncanville player, I would be impressed if they could get just one of them. They are on track to do that, and now we will wait and see how the domino falls for Simmons

Shea seems like a bitch.

• Haha 2

I don’t mean to be a bitch, but I’ll go ahead and put this out there. I know we all love to take a win and talk shit about it. That was an amazing showing by the NIL folks. But maybe we should wait until the team shows us something. This recruit is potentially amazing, but…. 

Nah, fuck me and the horse I rode in on. Or whatever. 

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, IBuryPaul said:

I don’t mean to be a bitch, but I’ll go ahead and put this out there. I know we all love to take a win and talk shit about it. That was an amazing showing by the NIL folks. But maybe we should wait until the team shows us something. This recruit is potentially amazing, but…. 

This guy fills a huge hole in the roster in the best possible way, which will help us get wins. Let's hope Sark and PK can avoid driving the Lambo into the ditch over the next couple years.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

debbie downer GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

Found the satya burner…maybe like give it a couple days before slitting your wrists like an emo teenager

• Haha 9

Tigah is seriously giving aggy a run for the money when it comes to low IQ message board posters.

They truly don't seem to grasp the difference between NIL and the bag game. Is there no voice of reason that wonders why in years past we would lose these head to head recruiting battles 9 times out of 10? The days of $100 handshakes and unlimited gumbo down at uncle Jeb's seafood shack winning over recruits is over and they haven't quite come to terms with it yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Tigah is seriously giving aggy a run for the money when it comes to low IQ message board posters.

They truly don't seem to grasp the difference between NIL and the bag game. Is there no voice of reason that wonders why in years past we would lose these head to head recruiting battles 9 times out of 10? The days of $100 handshakes and unlimited gumbo down at uncle Jeb's seafood shack winning over recruits is over and they haven't quite come to terms with it yet.

My favorite part is when they keep bringing up the "long game". I'm pretty sure connections in the city of Austin set you up a lot better in the long term than BR, where let's be honest, nothing is happening there outside of football, and they probably need to pull from state education funds to keep that running. No self-awareness at all. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Yeah, basically. Poker chips will spend at little shitty Baton Rouge boutiques. Legit Texas NIL money will spend everywhere. 

9 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

My favorite part is when they keep bringing up the "long game". I'm pretty sure connections in the city of Austin set you up a lot better in the long term than BR, where let's be honest, nothing is happening there outside of football, and they probably need to pull from state education funds to keep that running. No self-awareness at all. 

Hospital funds . Seriously , they took hospital funds .

Lousiana is a broke ass state , and their fans have no idea what NIL is going to do to them 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like how the one guy believes that a) LSU offered a high school recruit $5M and b) the recruit still chose Texas. The level of abject stupidity that it takes to get even within range of those concepts is staggering.

I really just want @BurntOrange&White to ask you how much our NIL package was for him....if anyone can get that info from you, he can!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like how the one guy believes that a) LSU offered a high school recruit $5M and b) the recruit still chose Texas. The level of abject stupidity that it takes to get even within range of those concepts is staggering.

The guy saying that it was the biggest NIL package LSU ever put together and that normally "works 80% of the time" (huh?).  Bullshit or not, I'm good with this narrative taking hold within the borders of Louisiana, "LSU shoots it's best 'NIL' shot ever and it's not enough when competing with Texas." 

Get the fuck out of our state!

oh and by the way, we're still going to be drinking your instate recruiting  milkshake.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

6 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

The guy saying that it was the biggest NIL package LSU ever put together and that normally "works 80% of the time" (huh?).  Bullshit or not, I'm good with this narrative taking hold within the borders of Louisiana, "LSU shoots it's best 'NIL' shot ever and it's not enough when competing with Texas." 

Get the fuck out of our state!

oh and by the way, we're still going to be drinking your instate recruiting  milkshake.

Here's the problem for us when the numbers that players get become inflated, or, in this case, absurd trending towards insane - other recruits start to hear those numbers and that impacts expectations. Texas has handled that well so far, but it makes things more difficult. 

There were myriad issues for ATM going into the last cycle and then finishing it, but one of the big ones was that the new cycle's recruits had expectations that ATM couldn't even attempt to smooth out. The hilarious part, however, is that the numbers the new recruits had heard were actually in the range of correct for the 2022 class. So, while being a dysfunctional program going 5-7, they had also priced themselves largely out of the market.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Hospital funds . Seriously , they took hospital funds .

Lousiana is a broke ass state , and their fans have no idea what NIL is going to do to them 

Louisiana the state may be broke, but there are plenty of rich individuals that'll boost sports. That's the case for most of the Southeast.

Also I'd be willing to bet that if they funneled hospital funds through a hospital for a guard, they've done worse for like, Ryan Perriloux. My high school basketball coach's Dad was his lawyer when he kept getting in legal trouble and Nathan Fisher wasn't cheap. Nathan would also bring Perriloux to our games for some reason. Dude was swagged out in some pretty nice clothes that I don't think he bought in Reserve. 

Edited by RollingPresidential

On 8/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, Enchubben said:

This is really good stuff; thanks for sharing.

Quite interesting that even though many of those posters seem frustrated, concerned and even fearful, are still somewhat rational in comparison to what we see from the a&m posters.  Aggie posters typically go directly to some abstract cheating or elaborate rouse to force him to go to Texas over his true favorite in college station. Then starts the blaming of the SEC leadership, ESPN, building up some 3 star JAG backup option etc. 

They don't pretend to be something they aren't. They openly acknowledge that their most resent championships were paid for. They also understand that our alumni base has significantly greater ability to raise funds. If you accept that some players may have payment as their 1a or 1b priority, you can easily accept that you just couldn't match the offer without needing to add any other bullshit justification. None of things are present within the aggy psyche. 

ETA - And I'm not really talking about Simmons or anyone in particular here. Just something I've noticed amongst much of their fan base for a while. They don't view themselves as victims so they don't need to make up conspiracy theories about everything that doesn't go their way. 

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 1