2023 Week 0/Week 1 Viewing Guide

SimonBolivar

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

I wanted to watch the usc game tonight. Didn’t know it was on the Pac 12-8 network and didn’t feel like diving in to Reddit at game time for a random feed.

Dropping this here for you and anyone else that may need it going forward. You have to create an (free) account but it’s never not had a link to a game I was looking for. Very helpful to have everything all in one place. 

https://therealstreamhub.site/index.php

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

We were ranked in 2013?

We were tied at halftime in the regular season finale against Baylor, which was a de facto Big 12 championship game.

That team wasn’t that good but it nearly herp derped itself into a conference championship and Fiesta Bowl.

23 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Dropping this here for you and anyone else that may need it going forward. You have to create an (free) account but it’s never not had a link to a game I was looking for. Very helpful to have everything all in one place. 

https://therealstreamhub.site/index.php

Thank you sir, bookmarked.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

How good is LSU this year?

I offered some thoughts in the 2023 playoff picks thread. Bottom line to me is they're a little overhyped, but they'll be good. The OL will be a strength. Nabors is good, not great, but the media attention he's getting is clearly coming from people who didn't actually watch him last year. He's got great hands, but he's a possession WR. They have highly ranked backs who haven't done much. Daniels was their best runner last year and that is likely this year. The young TE is going to be good. 

Defensively, everyone talks about Perkins, and he's obviously a dynamic playmaker. He feasted against Arkansas last year in a way that caught everyone off guard and ignited the hype train. That's great and all, but he's going to be a priority for offenses when facing LSU. They've got multiple transfers from lesser programs who are going to start on defense, but LSU talking heads think they're going to be awesome. 

The schedule is tough with FSU and then two weird non-cons against Army and Georgia State, who both have tough offenses for short prep. They get UF as always, and they're going to suck this year, and then Missouri, who I assume will be mediocre, so that's a break compared to the beating they took last year against Tennessee.

LSU, like many schools, is one QB injury away from some serious issues. Nussmeier is supposed to be a good prospect, but he's not the dual threat that Daniels is. If I was an LSU fan, I'd worry about the beating Daniels is going to take in the running game for the season.

• Like 1

Great site for schedule and broadcaster listing: https://506sports.com/ncaaf.php

All kinds of newness with the re-org, both network and booth-wise. McDonough and McElroy my favorite crew. Blackledge to NBC with Ian Eagle's kid. Jesse Palmer moves into the booth with Tessitore. Nessler and Danielson doing Big 10 work at 2:30.  Flemming and Osweiler are a very good crew. The latter sees the game really well. Interested in hearing Chris Simms on color.  We'll see if Wischusen can (semi) keep RG III in his lane. And Beth lives...

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Great site for schedule and broadcaster listinghttps://506sports.com/ncaaf.php

All kinds of newness with the re-org, both network and booth-wise. McDonough and McElroy my favorite crew. Blackledge to NBC with Ian Eagle's kid. Jesse Palmer moves into the booth with Tessitore. Nessler and Danielson doing Big 10 work at 2:30.  Flemming and Osweiler are a very good crew. The latter sees the game really well. Interested in hearing Chris Simms on color.  We'll see if Wischusen can (semi) keep RG III in his lane. And Beth lives...

I will never have to accidentally hear Beth Mowins again.  They broke up RG3 and Mark Jones, too bad Jones still has a job.  Haha he's on the aggy call Saturday.

Last year on Thursday night to open week 1, I watched that idiot Jeff Brohm do whatever he could to lose the opener against Penn State simply because he absolutely refused to run the ball for a couple of series with a lead. They could have been consecutive 3 and outs and he'd have won the game. Nope, he had to throw the ball to show everyone how smart he was, and PSU promptly stole the game. 

I witnessed the 2023 equivalent last night in watching the Nebraska game. It was obvious, I mean, like, you could see the future if you were watching the game-level of obvious, that Sims was going to do whatever he could to lose that ball game if they kept letting him throw the ball. On top of that, they had Grant in the game during a clock-draining, ball control drive when it was known that the guy has had ball control issues going to back through the spring. Rhule let his idiot OC basically destroy the outcome of the game by letting Sims throw and then having Grant in the game.