2023 Week 0/Week 1 Viewing Guide

SimonBolivar

3 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Thanks for this!

Pretty stoked but my September is loaded with travel on the weekends. Someone has to sling guns and be an arms dealer.

Hey without you there would be no Pistol Pete or whatever Tech's mascot is, thank you for your service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that both weeks are mostly dogshit, but I'm excited nonetheless. 

Navy is allegedly going to be throwing the ball a lot more this year. Notre Dame seems severely overrated. I'll be happy to check this one out. 

I think the Nebraska/Minnesota and Florida/Utah games are excellent Thursday starters. There might be less than 60 points scored combined among the 4 teams. 

Both the New Mexico/ATM and MTSU/Alabama games seem to have crazy spreads. ATM didn't blow anyone out last year. They lost their best offensive player and they're going to put up 40+ points? Okay. Bama gets the big spread because of name value, but they're breaking in new guys everywhere and they've got new coordinators. Saban is going to be conservative anyway. I guess I can see them winning 42-0, but if MTSU scores even one touchdown, 39.5 is a lot to cover.

Conversely, I'd assumed the Duke/Clemson spread would be wider. 

LSU being favored over FSU kind of surprises me. I won't be surprised if FSU wins that game by double digits. 

The usual Week 0/1 "hey it's football" with a few bits of real quality (hell yeah UF @ UU and FSU/LSU) 

My UNC grad girlfriend got matinee theater tickets on Saturday, which is brutal, but I'm immediately cashing in those points on a full afternoon of tailgating and attending the Duke game - Blue Devil fans are very bullish on Elko, and there's some rare excitement around football in Durham.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

College football is on the television today folks. You know the people are ready for anything when I receive a text at 10:00 on a Friday night from my brother proposing a 9 hour drive to Los Cruces to watch UMass @ NMSU. Unfortunately I have to work this morning, or I might have been a road trip.

• Like 1

My exhaustive viewing schedule for week 0/1
Spoiler

2:30 Fox Rice at Texas (-35.5) 

Same, except throw in Domers vs Navy and I may casually check in on some other week 0 action. Still too damn hot for yard work past noon so that's my Saturday afternoon/evening

I’m doing a FUBO TV free 7 day trial just to watch the USC game (and preshow) because I’m a sicko and…why not, it’s week zero and I’m just happy to have CFB back

486b45009b9ef18e5a78ab3162332ce0.jpg

0132cb4af8bf428f25ef57f4f74cf8ef.jpg

bdcc1787a439af0ce18f22c0c7b6bb91.jpg
Does fubo have LHN? That's my only issue this year..I have nearly everything ESPN produces except LHN

6 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

USC up 7-0 on San Jose State Q1 06:33. SJ front is giving USC some issues, too bad their backend is slower than Panera Bread drive thru.

SC defense looks soft, to the surprise of no one that’s ever seen a Lincoln Riley coached team. 

• Like 1

It did last year
Oh shit..I may be getting my Fubo on, or at least a free trial for the first LHN game. That's assuming the free trial isn't limited to some basic package with no LHN. ffs the network is dead man walking...ESPN should just give it to every cable/streamer free this last year.