2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I mentioned earlier I've caught parts of Zona games this season late at night with a comment about their QB, but that whole team has been playing with impressive intensity the past few weeks.

Of course they are. Connor Stalions helped Jedd Fisch put that roster together.

Thanks UCLA, I guess I'll be 7 and 3 this week instead of 8 and 2.  Domers and Canes were the other let downs.  

So, Zona has 3 losses.  Miss St by 7,  Washington by 7, and USC by 2.  Not bad, definitely something they can build on.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I have no idea if you're pulling my leg or not. All I know is that they took both UDub and Condom to the wire while also beating Oregon State.

Yes it’s true but of course Fisch denied it when all the sign stealing stuff came out. 

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/platform/amp/football/2023/10/26/23934060/arizona-wildcats-football-jedd-fisch-michigan-connor-stalions-sign-stealing-rams-jim-harbaugh-2023

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

So, not only is Stalions a sign-stealing savant at Michigan but also a roster-building guru at Arizona? I hope he got paid more than just the lousy $50k claimed from earlier stories if he's such a difference-maker.

And, to be clear, I'm not a fan of either school and hope all bad things happen to Michigan's program for the scandal. This story linking him to roster building from two years ago and linking it to the success of Arizona now seems tenuous. If there's something tangible there, then fuck Zona too.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Horns won, ou lost, aggy lost. It was a good day.