2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

wiki:

The NCAA does not keep individual statistics for safeties. Three FBS teams have scored three safeties in a game: Arizona State in 1996 (in a 19-0 victory over then-No. 1 and two-time defending national champion Nebraska, ending the Cornhuskers' 26-game winning streak); North Texas in 2003; and Bowling Green in 2005. In the FCS, Montana State scored four safeties against Weber State in 2022, all of them on errant snaps out of the end zone, setting an FCS record.[29] The University of Massachusetts Amherst in 2007 scored only six points in a game, from three safeties against Rhode Island. UMass had also scored three safeties in a game against Albany in 2005, a Division I-AA record. In 2004, when Iowa defeated Penn State 6–4, because of Iowa's two field goals and Penn State's two safeties, it was the only instance of such a score in the modern era, and it was the first time since Florida lost to Miami 31–4 in 1987 that a team finished a game with exactly four points. The only other occasion on which a game ended with that score was when Rutgers defeated Princeton in 1869 by six "runs" to four in what is recognized as the first intercollegiate football game.

Iowa’s whole mentality reminds me of my late grandmother. 6 people in the family we need 6 plates. What about if someone eats dinner with the family? We’ll just use those fancy plastic plates we bought for a dollar that are still in the casing/wrapping. Iowa does just enough to get in the CCG because that side is so weak but not a point or less more. Just enough. It’s fascinating and they won’t ever fire him. 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Hook 'Em 1