2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

are you confused about the start time?   according to the tweet, the game doesnt start for 2 hours... empty seats make sense....

End zone art not only not representing your team, but arguably your opponent. 

Sparty sucking Peacock for prime time $ and they’re gonna run out a non-bowl squad.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Arkansas should fire Pittman during halftime. 

He’s gone I’m sure but their boosters are doing just enough to keep the lights on. They’ll have to troll for an up and coming coach from a smaller team. I read a really (kind of sad, actually) article about this. As far as their money situation and what their incoming classes look like. It’s a huge challenge. 

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s gone I’m sure but their boosters are doing just enough to keep the lights on. They’ll have to troll for an up and coming coach from a smaller team. I read a really (kind of sad, actually) article about this. As far as their money situation and what their incoming classes look like. It’s a huge challenge. 

Didn’t the AD already announce that Pittman would be back for 2024?  It didn’t seem like a Del Conte ‘we’re going to evaluate at the end of the season’ type of message. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Didn’t the AD already announce that Pittman would be back for 2024?  It didn’t seem like a Del Conte ‘we’re going to evaluate at the end of the season’ type of message. 

If it gets ugly enough at home, situations can become fluid.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If they keep him it’s probably money related? They have a host of issues. It’s bad either way. Fire and hope you hire a great up and coming coach. They don’t have the capital to hire a big name. Their recruiting classes are suffering regardless. I wouldn’t keep him. I’d try to find a hell of a recruiter type that would love a shot at a P5 conference team. Regardless of whether it’s Arky. 

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

They’re gonna keep him another year for sure. They don’t have the money. We’re gonna fucking destroy them next year.

Just looked it up - because of their win against Florida, Pittman is guaranteed to finish with a greater than .500 record (over three seasons) and his buyout is 16 million. If he had finished below .500 it would be only 10 million.