2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

46 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Lurker friendly ? 

Yes

43 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Will the game be on there in the tailgate? Kicking around the idea of driving down with the wife and watching it there. 

Yes and we have a large contingent that does this every game. It's a good time! 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

20231028_101334.jpg

I appreciate your early morning devotion. My crew will get there around noon-1230.

17 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Have a diehard Utah Ute friend who is bringing his family to the game solely to see BYU lose.  Sending him to the tailgate 

Mormon or not, let’s get them fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, swonie said:

Great tailgate again guys. Glad I was able to help set up even if I dropped a bunch of beans and rice containers (stupid cheap bag). Where was the food from, it was delicious?

El taquito in riverside. They do meat by the pound. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

First early game at home……

Donuts and Irish coffee??  Bloody Mary’s?  

our first game of the year. Can help setup Saturday morning if anything is needed. 

need to do anything except for burnt ends for the wife and me?

Irish coffees and bloody Maria's sound great, I'll buy some supplies for that. The coffee is going to be tricky since it's hard to keep warm without electricity. 

Anyone have requests for food? 

I think donuts, klobasnik and kolaches are going to be the easiest and best morning tailgate food. Too early for the heavy stuff like BBQ or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Irish coffees and bloody Maria's sound great, I'll buy some supplies for that. The coffee is going to be tricky since it's hard to keep warm without electricity. 

Anyone have requests for food? 

I think donuts, klobasnik and kolaches are going to be the easiest and best morning tailgate food. Too early for the heavy stuff like BBQ or something. 

can never go wrong with an assortment of breakfast tacos

Also as far as coffee goes....starbucks sales those few liters of coffee that stay warm pretty well.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, swonie said:

Yeah Bloody Beers (Micheladas) seems like the easiest beverage option. I don’t drink coffee but when we have early meetings at work we get the Starbucks liters and they seem to stay warm.

Looking forward to it

We would need like 10 liters what's the cost on that? Lol. 

Micheladas are doable. So are bloody Maria's. Can grab some vodka for the purists. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, immamac said:

Micheladas are doable. So are bloody Maria's. Can grab some vodka for the purists. 

Each one is 2.8L and they’re $20 ea. 

5 would be 14L @ $100 plus tax

You can also pre order them and they’ll be ready to pick up

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, immamac said:

Not a purist, but for some reason tequila before early afternoon doesn't sit well with me.  No problem with vodka at 8am though.

See you all bright and early Saturday morning.

Okay vodka and Bloody Mary mix being acquired. I’ll also make some immamac special michelada premix. Will grab some OJ and bubbles for mimosas. I am not gonna do coffee stuff but if someone brings it I’ll set it up. 

Food will be donuts, klobasnik, kolaches, and breakfast tacos a full spread that should have something for everyone. 

As always we will have beer, water and teas provided by Faust Distributing!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

So I may make my first tailgate - it's at spot 21 on the map a few pages back?

Also likely bringing GoFuckYourself, Jr. because what the ex-wife doesn't know about I can't get taken to court for, right?

Plus I assume there are enough Surly lawyers there that I can hire should anything go sideways.

After two Bloody Marys expect that I will be challenging GoFuckYourself, Jr. to a 40-yard dash.  Prepare him to be crushed.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

After two Bloody Marys expect that I will be challenging GoFuckYourself, Jr. to a 40-yard dash.  Prepare him to be crushed.  

The thing is he finds this extra gear when he gets a little liquor in him, so don't get cocky.

I kid of course. He's slow as shit. But he'll destroy you with quick barbs and nascent teen sarcasm about your (pick one) middle age-ish belly, gray hair, grandpa-like tendencies and/or utter lack of knowledge about youth culture. Or he may just reserve that for me. #ProudDad

48 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

So I may make my first tailgate - it's at spot 21 on the map a few pages back?

Also likely bringing GoFuckYourself, Jr. because what the ex-wife doesn't know about I can't get taken to court for, right?

Plus I assume there are enough Surly lawyers there that I can hire should anything go sideways.

T-11 map on first post of thread. Pin here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm going to bring stuff for irish coffee's except for the coffee. Bring a thermos of coffee or bring your own black coffee from wherever you are coming from and spike your coffee at the tailgate. 

Bloody Mary/Maria + Michelada bar as well 

If I don't hear from anyone on the 2nd TV situation by around 2PM today I'm just gonna buy another one at Costco. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac unpinned and pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic