2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Waiting GIF

Short, short version..........Papa Sanders was a mentor to Anthony Hill, so much so that he let him borrow his truck for special occasions which included provisions. Papa told him the players at A&M were out of control and he would get in trouble if he went there. If he wanted to be successful he needed to go to Austin because Sark had control of his program.

• Hook 'Em 7

On 9/17/2023 at 8:45 AM, SydneyCarton said:

The food was great, shit, the whole tailgate was great. Thanks @immamac, it was fucking awesome. Also great meeting your wife and kiddos, that woman must be a saint on general principle. @justhookitnice to meet you again, and chat with your lady friend. 

we’ll probably see y’all again for Kansas.

Good meeting your wife and you again too. And meeting for the 3rd time in the club. See y’all at one of the next ones.

Thanks @immamac as always and @MissingInAction and @Nicole44 pleasure as always.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tailgate will be moving locations and joining forces with Texas One Fund. 

We will have 4 student athletes from Women's and Men's Basketball and perhaps some members of the coaching staff at tailgate doing Q&A, signing stuff and doing photo ops. Tell everyone you know, we will be an NIL tailgate where it is strongly  recommended that you sign up for Texas One Fund or Burnt Ends 

Does money dropped into the tailgate fund end up with either? because that's what I did last week.

34 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tailgate will be moving locations and joining forces with Texas One Fund. 

We will have 4 student athletes from Women's and Men's Basketball and perhaps some members of the coaching staff at tailgate doing Q&A, signing stuff and doing photo ops. Tell everyone you know, we will be an NIL tailgate where it is strongly recommended that you sign up for Texas One Fund or Burnt Ends 

Do you know the location yet?  Haven't been able to make the first two this year, but planning on making the rest.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well I co-founded Texas One Fund and we threw the most insane tailgate ever in Tuscaloosa that generated over 100k annualized in monthly donations. I think they want to do that instead of the lame stuff they were doing on bevo blvd which had pretty much no results. 

Fucking crazy wild result from that. And obviously finding the right spot/atmosphere makes a world of difference. 

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well I co-founded Texas One Fund and we threw the most insane tailgate ever in Tuscaloosa that generated over 100k annualized in monthly donations. I think they want to do that instead of the lame stuff they were doing on bevo blvd which had pretty much no results. 

Maybe we can become Surly Bevo if we are tight with the Administration.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, immamac said:

It took them this long to figure out that plying people full of booze loosens the wallets? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Now wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that some message board has gotten a leg up on a state university’s efforts with regards to NIL? Unpossible.

On 9/21/2023 at 11:39 AM, Biff Tannen said:

I still can’t wrap my head around this. Immamac is aggy. How/why/what?

That was fun. We should do it again. 

Because community matters, and our community kicks fucking ass. 

On 9/21/2023 at 11:42 AM, RGBIII said:

Texas would not be where they are in the NIL landscape without Surly. Would never bite the hand that feeds it

1) If by "not be where they are" you mean "Basically was created out of thin air and then graciously gifted to" then, yes.
2.) I would never say that this, or any other administration, wouldn't be stupid enough to fuck it all up. It's pretty easy to dismiss and fuck something up that most people still don't even understand. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

@immamac So is there a new tailgate location? I'm assuming you're amping this shit up to 13 now. 

yeah - I've started reaching out to all my media contacts to promote it as well from the traditional media side of things. AAS, KVUE, KXAN etc if anyone has any contacts they have please send them my way via DM or intro me via rick@surlyhorns.com we want to get the word out about the NIL tailgate as much as possible to get as much traffic to the tailgating area as possible. 

Our goal for the Kansas game is to raise 10k annualized. That is 38 Bobby Layne level Texas One Fund subscriptions or ~45 if you mix in a few burnt ends subs here and there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

yeah - I've started reaching out to all my media contacts to promote it as well from the traditional media side of things. AAS, KVUE, KXAN etc if anyone has any contacts they have please send them my way via DM or intro me via rick@surlyhorns.com we want to get the word out about the NIL tailgate as much as possible to get as much traffic to the tailgating area as possible. 

Our goal for the Kansas game is to raise 10k annualized. That is 38 Bobby Layne level Texas One Fund subscriptions or ~45 if you mix in a few burnt ends subs here and there. 

And is there a new location?

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and pinned this topic