2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

On 9/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, BigOrange1 said:

where should i have my uber drop me off?

I always order mine to Snarfs Sandwiches across the street. It doesn’t give me the surcharge for going directly to the stadium. It’s probably also the closest drop off point

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

By the way - at some point me and @closetojumpingare going to be at the same tailgate and are going to have to interact. I propose a quick 1 of 1 arm wrestling contest. Nothing riding on it but a winner and loser and hopefully a congenial relationship going forward.

A distance throwing competition involving mini footballs would be more fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

By the way - at some point me and @closetojumpingare going to be at the same tailgate and are going to have to interact. I propose a quick 1 of 1 arm wrestling contest. Nothing riding on it but a winner and loser and hopefully a congenial relationship going forward.

Why wouldn’t you leg wrestle?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Tailgate area opens at 230 tomorrow - I'll get there to set up and get beers on ice.

Going to grab a prime brisket to smoke and maybe do some Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Will buy some bags of chips and whatnot as well. Please post in the thread if you plan on coming so I have a general idea of how many people will show up. There is a high likelihood that Gerry Hamilton and others will be at the tailgate this week. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:34 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I am patiently awaiting futureman and CTJ to be at the same tailgate and a brew ha-ha occur.

Getting Ready Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tailgate area opens at 230 tomorrow - I'll get there to set up and get beers on ice.

Going to grab a prime brisket to smoke and maybe do some Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Will buy some bags of chips and whatnot as well. Please post in the thread if you plan on coming so I have a general idea of how many people will show up. There is a high likelihood that Gerry Hamilton and others will be at the tailgate this week. 

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

+1 . Will be there around 4ish.

Plan for tomorrow is get there at 2-230 get set up everything and get beverages on ice, then slice into brisket and burnt ends around 5PM. Stadium is so close that 6:45 walk over should be fine to get there in time for kick. We will be watching at tailgate with a growing contingent of folks that have been holding it down watching the games at the tailgate. 

We can stay till midnight and generally it’s a good plan to stick around for a few beverages after the game to let the traffic unfuck itself and let ubers get off surge pricing. 

please tell everyone you know to stop by and donate or talk to us about NIL. Burnt Ends and Texas One Fund donations are strongly encouraged if you are taking part in food and bev. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/tailgate Non members can donate here for tailgate. 

members can donate here https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/clients/donations/

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and pinned this topic