2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

23 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Whoever is running the team Twitter right now needs a raise:

That’s fucking sick. The Oilers were my first love. I was a teenager during the Glanville/Run-N-Shoot years and my family had season tickets. I fucking loved going to Oilers games in the Dome. I still have a stack of Randall’s columbia blue and white pom-pons they handed out at games in my room at my parents’ home. I was heartbroken when they left. The love you develop for a team when you’re a kid is special and can’t be replicated when you get older. That’s why the Astros winning the WS in 2017 meant so much to us. The Texans thumbed their nose at Htown for years by passing on VY and with all the crap they pulled during the horrid BOB/Easterby era. Today the Texans stamped themselves as Houston’s fucking team once and for all and damn do I feel a love and appreciation for them today in a way that didn’t exist before. So proud of the Texans today. Case Keenum is an Htown legend and will never have to buy a drink for the rest of his life.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, tx ind said:

This above, he was screaming and hollering like a fan

Andre was definitely an Oilers fan and seeing the Titan punks wearing our unis affected him emotionally like it did the rest of us. He was a frequent guest on Warren Moon’s weekly TV show on KHOU during his Heisman Trophy winning season.

Edited by Macklemore

All of these cheese dick fans were into the oilers thing. 75% had oilers gear on. All of them talking up how they should just stay the oilers.

After today I’m now of the opinion that if they want to be the oilers, be the oilers. If they want to be the titans, be the titans. You can’t be both. And you damn sure shouldn’t be rubbing Texan fans faces in it. The oiler mystique might not have strong nfl roots, but it meant something to those of us that grew up having our grandfathers take us to games.

The oilers don’t mean a damn thing to this titans fan base.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

This is a tangent, but did anyone watch the Titans-Texans game on KEYE-TVs over the air channel? I just wondering if I should dig out my old OTA antenna, because the feed on Youtube TV was horrifically compressed, and I wonder if KEYE is any better directly OTA. Any shot with motion was very blocky, and at medium distance the grass was swimming with details kind of popping in and out. It looks like KEYE multiplexes two 1080i channels and two 480p channels, which can't be good for video quality.

8 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

This is a tangent, but did anyone watch the Titans-Texans game on KEYE-TVs over the air channel? I just wondering if I should dig out my old OTA antenna, because the feed on Youtube TV was horrifically compressed, and I wonder if KEYE is any better directly OTA. Any shot with motion was very blocky, and at medium distance the grass was swimming with details kind of popping in and out. It looks like KEYE multiplexes two 1080i channels and two 480p channels, which can't be good for video quality.

OTA is the best, uncompressed picture quality available bar none. For traditional Pay-TV providers, DirecTV satellite is the best all around for picture quality and 4K programming.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1