A Place For Mom

RPM

Mom shoots, kills son who tried to put her in nursing home: 'You ended my life, so I’m taking yours'

A 92-year-old woman shot her son to death over his plan to move her into an Arizona retirement home, authorities said Tuesday.

The elderly mother faced off with her 72-year-old son at his Fountain Hills home, pulled a pistol from her bathrobe and blasted him around 10 a.m. Monday, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

Anna Mae Blessing told cops she had been stewing for days over her son's decision to kick her out and "believed he ruined" her life.

“You ended my life, so I’m taking yours,” Blessing allegedly said during her arrest, the Arizona Republic reported.

She stashed two guns in her pockets for the fateful confrontation.

After gunning down her son, Blessing turned the weapon on his girlfriend, who wrestled both guns away from Blessing and called police.

Deputies rushed to the home and found her son dead in his bedroom and the woman believed responsible for the shooting relaxing in a recliner chair.

She told cops she wanted to kill herself but was unable to do so after her son’s girlfriend took the weapons away, the newspaper reported.

Blessing faces charges of murder, aggravated assault and kidnapping after her son’s death, according to police. He has not been identified.

A judge ordered Blessing held on a $500,000 cash bond.

TELEMMGLPICT000168375202_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• Haha 2

Judge sentenced her to 3 days in jail, or in other words, 9 consecutive life sentences served concurrently.

I'll be here all week!  But seriously folks, I expect more of this to happen as people live longer but get into the horrors of very old age issues (kids, too).

My mom and dad both obliged us by croaking quickly and without much need for assistance.  Thanks, guys.  We were lucky.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

I like the $500,000 bond.  Apparently a 92-year old who has probably never gone further from her home than the Dollar General down the street is a massive flight risk all of a sudden.

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm pretty sure that this is how it would go down if I ever tried to put my mom in a retirement home.

Only if you're a dumbass.

Tell her you're going to Luby's, she'll smile the whole way there till you kick her out the door.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Only if you're a dumbass.

Tell her you're going to Luby's, she'll smile the whole way there till you kick her out the door.

It's like taking your dog to the V-E-T.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I like the $500,000 bond.  Apparently a 92-year old who has probably never gone further from her home than the Dollar General down the street is a massive flight risk all of a sudden.

Well she is a menace 2 society, no doubt.  Now the dumb ol bitch definitely goin to a home.

• Fuck You 1

23 hours ago, RPM said:

Mom shoots, kills son who tried to put her in nursing home: 'You ended my life, so I’m taking yours'

A 92-year-old woman shot her son to death over his plan to move her into an Arizona retirement home, authorities said Tuesday.

The elderly mother faced off with her 72-year-old son at his Fountain Hills home, pulled a pistol from her bathrobe and blasted him around 10 a.m. Monday, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

Anna Mae Blessing told cops she had been stewing for days over her son's decision to kick her out and "believed he ruined" her life.

“You ended my life, so I’m taking yours,” Blessing allegedly said during her arrest, the Arizona Republic reported.

She stashed two guns in her pockets for the fateful confrontation.

After gunning down her son, Blessing turned the weapon on his girlfriend, who wrestled both guns away from Blessing and called police.

Deputies rushed to the home and found her son dead in his bedroom and the woman believed responsible for the shooting relaxing in a recliner chair.

She told cops she wanted to kill herself but was unable to do so after her son’s girlfriend took the weapons away, the newspaper reported.

Blessing faces charges of murder, aggravated assault and kidnapping after her son’s death, according to police. He has not been identified.

A judge ordered Blessing held on a $500,000 cash bond.

TELEMMGLPICT000168375202_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Posrep for apropos thread title.