Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Feels like the Stars are sliding in the Western Conference just based on overall standings at this point. Are they underperforming right now or are other teams jsut really hot. I also saw we had a big big roadtrip and something like 10 of the next 13 games are at home. Someone give me an opinion so that I can dig my own grave and argue with stangers to the point it looks like I am digging trenches in Avdiivka.

Definitely underperforming but have played a lot of games.   Obviously going to be stretches like this every year and hopefully they will come out of it.   Our defense is still garbage and not sure that can be fixed but Otter has looked like a below average goalie his last several starts.   I sit close to the goal visitors shoot 2X and body language after he was letting in goals on Saturday sucked.  Didn't seem like he gave a shit but could say the same for the entire team.  Almost like they all went on a long road trip, went out Friday night and came to work hungover.

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wait. you're trying to sell tix for $190 over face?

My definition of Net = Listed price less TM fees.  So way under 'face'.  Selling for $85/ticket total.   Season ticket cost per game is > $150.  

Edited by Skipper

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ah, gotcha. thanks for clarifying. were I in Dallas I would hop the fuck on that

Yeah, value of season tickets is convenience + playoff option.  So somewhat always assumed we would lose money on resales but not to this level (particularly weekday games).  We are probably 1 and done as a full blown season ticket holders.  Just too hard to consistently make games with young kids.  But will be nice come playoff if we make a run to not have to worry about tix.

40 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, value of season tickets is convenience + playoff option.  So somewhat always assumed we would lose money on resales but not to this level (particularly weekday games).  We are probably 1 and done as a full blown season ticket holders.  Just too hard to consistently make games with young kids.  But will be nice come playoff if we make a run to not have to worry about tix.

yeah, I hear that a lot about season tix. my folks used to be season holders and stopped bc of the fee bullshit. I did a 12-game pass for the Texas Stars a few seasons ago and it was great. Basically a game a week, which was plenty. I think the big Stars offer something similar. anyway, hope you have some luck selling to a Stars fan