Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

18 hours ago, msudawg said:

In for a great season.. 

Hoping someone throws a link up later for a stream. 

Skipper will pm you would love to go to a random game sometime this season. 

I discovered that ESPN+ no longer blacks out the Stars in Austin. I hope this is a permanent change. 

For the ultra cheap/poors, there is always https://www.caststreams.com/ (free non-HD streams, $30 for HD for the season for every team, every game, home and away feeds, incl. playoffs) or for free-free https://sportsurge.club/ (note: best viewed on a pc with a robust popup blocker)

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Baby Stars certainly have a certain type of white trash clientele that I wasn't expecting in Austin, but it was a good time even if the team looks bad.

20231014_184013.thumb.jpg.802d2a1923f02ff1a4700d8f36c55f7d.jpg

I was about 20ft from you apparently, so while agreeing with your assessment, I do so after throwing away my stack of Texas sized beer cups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:10 PM, Beau Vine said:

We don't play again until TUESDAY????!?!!  WTF???!!

How is it possible for a hockey team to have an entire weekend off?

Got to get some rest for the mid-season grind we are through right now. 

This is the NHL trolling us.  Remember the first two games last year?  NSH away, then NSH home 2 days later.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Got to get some rest for the mid-season grind we are through right now. 

This is the NHL trolling us.  Remember the first two games last year?  NSH away, then NSH home 2 days later.

I don't mind it. It gives Roope more time. They can work on the PP and other things. Extended training camp - at least I hope they're treating it that way

The Stars are always going to get the shaft on things like scheduling even when they're a top 4 team and a favorite to win the cup. Thing is so does Tampa Bay and they managed to fight through it and throw a middle finger to the league and lift multiple cups so the Stars have to find a way to do the same. The pieces are here. 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I discovered that ESPN+ no longer blacks out the Stars in Austin. I hope this is a permanent change. 

For the ultra cheap/poors, there is always https://www.caststreams.com/ (free non-HD streams, $30 for HD for the season for every team, every game, home and away feeds, incl. playoffs) or for free-free https://sportsurge.club/ (note: best viewed on a pc with a robust popup blocker)

I ended up signing up for ESPN+ . Hate doing it because lord knows I have enough streams already.. but so be it. Thanks,. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The Stars are always going to get the shaft on things like scheduling even when they're a top 4 team and a favorite to win the cup. Thing is so does Tampa Bay and they managed to fight through it and throw a middle finger to the league and lift multiple cups so the Stars have to find a way to do the same. The pieces are here. 

Suter is a piece of something.  

2 minutes ago, msudawg said:

I ended up signing up for ESPN+ . Hate doing it because lord knows I have enough streams already.. but so be it. Thanks,. 

That wont help you with Bally's you know. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

That wont help you with Bally's you know. 

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

That would be weird, I'll have to try it tonight to see if it works still. I'd love to cancel that stupid Bally's sub.

57 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Likewise. I was shocked on opening night when ESPN+ said I could watch... and actually was able to. Always blacked out in past.

yeah, I'm not holding my breath, but maybe it'll work. if not, I'll stream from my pc via proxy and cast to my tv. otherwise, I still have caststreams as my backup

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Who decided we needed a 9:30 start tonight instead of 9? Do Vegas fans not end their shift as blackjack dealers until 7 or something?

9:30? damn. 9 is hard enough on a Tuesday.

At least we're not Philadelphia who plays there next Tuesday. That game doesn't start until MIDNIGHT EST.

No Sense I Dont Get It GIF by Dead Meat James

On 10/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You are the man. thanks cancelling espn+  and will pay the $30 for caststeams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Apparently my espn+ didn’t get the memo and has blocked me (even though my isp should be from seattle- or maybe that’s why?) but I was looking at stats and there’s a ton of PIMs were misconducts given or a couple of fights?

also the credited hits are 35-17.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Apparently my espn+ didn’t get the memo and has blocked me (even though my isp should be from seattle- or maybe that’s why?) but I was looking at stats and there’s a ton of PIMs were misconducts given or a couple of fights?

also the credited hits are 35-17.  

Benn about knocked a guy out.  Marchment got some GOOD hits in also.. went to the penalty box checking his knuckles. 

Have played damn good on 5-4 and one 5-3 power plays to not give anything up. 

4:33 left. 

And caststreams for the damn win!