Bob Menendez might actually be going to prison this time

wildcat09

19 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Can't we remove him from office somehow? We could appoint somebody else, protect the seat, and get this corrupt SOB out of the Senate.

Other than pressure campaigns, no. The ability to recall federally elected officials is pretty uncertain and likely wouldn’t get past SCOTUS, if NJ even has recall on the books. 

The Santos playbook will be the new norm - deny, deflect, wait it out as long as you can to keep the grift going 

Edited by Js1

Both the Senate and the House have the Constitutional right to expel any member. It requires two-thirds of the members (in the respective body) to agree on expulsion. 

Democrats don’t have the backbone to do the right thing. Repubs would never consider expelling a corrupt Repub-since corruption is a feature not a bug for the modern Republican Party. 

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Both the Senate and the House have the Constitutional right to expel any member. It requires two-thirds of the members (in the respective body) to agree on expulsion. 

Democrats don’t have the backbone to do the right thing. Repubs would never consider expelling a corrupt Repub-since corruption is a feature not a bug for the modern Republican Party. 

I’d actually posit most GOP senators would vote against it bc they want it used back at them 😂 They would also want him to stay in the Senate to use him in campaign ads 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

They're probably currently busy finding better places to hide their own gold bars.

Seems like there's a grift opportunity there. "You give me your gold bars, and I'll give you these totally unique and secure jpegs of cartoon gorillas. When the heat is off, you can sell me back the gorillas for your gold bars (If you can find me)" 

• Hook 'Em 1

Menendez making this about race was just the Chef’s Kiss of his defiant idiocy. No Bob people don’t want you out because you’re Hispanic, they want you out because the people who voted for you aren’t members of the GQP and your guilt is pretty overwhelming. Take the hint and leave and hope a jury just sentences you to a couple of months of home confinement even though you deserve multiple years in prison. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so looks like Menendez has something in common with Tuberville:

Inside the Menendez Indictment: A Mercedes and a Secretive Fatal Crash

A 2018 fatal car crash in Bogota, N.J., drew no media attention and resulted in no charges. The driver was the soon-to-be wife of Senator Robert Menendez.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...