NFL Week 3 - Cowboys @ Cardinals: Backups needed

Hermanator

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'll admit I'm a bad fan. While I certainly enjoy when the Cowboys win I get almost as much enjoyment out of a humiliation with that slapdick Arksnasas Con Man in charge.

And coming in 2-0 and losing to a team that is supposedly tanking would be up there.  

Any cowboy fan rooting for assclown to fail is a true fan. It's quite the paradox but that's where we are...good job Jerry.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'll admit I'm a bad fan. While I certainly enjoy when the Cowboys win I get almost as much enjoyment out of a humiliation with that slapdick Arksnasas Con Man in charge.

And coming in 2-0 and losing to a team that is supposedly tanking would be up there.  

You're not a bad fan, you're just simply not a fan.  If you get enjoyment out of watching a team lose, you're not a fan of that team, at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

fuck Jerry Jones. The Dallas cowboys existed before him and will exist after his Johnny Walker soaked body finally croaks. 

With a long lineage of Joneses to keep up his "legacy" after they drop him into the eternal glory hole. The franchise is fucked for another 50 to 90 years, or until the NFL is defunct.

You're not a bad fan, you're just simply not a fan.  If you get enjoyment out of watching a team lose, you're not a fan of that team, at all.
I'm a fan and don't actively root for them to lose unless it's seasons like 2020 where it's completely lost and we need a better draft pick. But what I don't do any longer and haven't did forever is let their wins or losses get me that up or down. I've become apathetic to the Cowboys. We all know how these seasons will end. A division round loss is their ceiling no matter who the players or coaches are.
  • Like 1

My suggestion is that you go wade into the Astros thread and tell one of those lunatic fanatics they are simply not a fan....

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I've had this internal battle going on for months. It started with my admission that we're not quite good enough as currently constructed or managed. Thus, on the assumption we're not winning the WS, I'm strictly looking to 2024 and beyond.

While the fan part of me naturally hopes we rally and get in as a WC, giving ourselves a chance at redemption, the bigger part of me wants to minimize the chance Baker returns. I'm just trying to figure out what would push Crane's trigger on that. If you tell me Baker's out regardless, go make the playoffs and see what happens. If you tell me he's returning regardless, same thing. But if you tell me only a continued tailspin guaranteed Baker will get the boot, I'm OK with losing every remaining game. 

• Haha 2