10, 24, 10, 6, 14

Rimbo

1 hour ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Just read on a "Heartland" football site that Texas at s still untested, playing all backup QBs and the Big XIi could still be between KU and TCU. While that comment reeks of hate, it's interesting how opposing QBs keep dropping out it before playing us this year. It's got to be some kind of a record.

We have a long history of being hit by injuries at the worse positions possible for us, but it's only factored in when the other team loses due to their injuries.?   Bwahahaha..

What's funnier is that he might be their backup, but he has more experience in games than Quinn.  

2019 North Texas QB: he played in 7 games 22(ish) out of 35 attempts.  3 TDs 3 INTs.

2020 North Texas QB: he played in 8 games total and was the starting QB in seven of them.  

2021 Started the first nine games for the Jayhawks … Set career highs in passing yards, attempts and completions at Duke

2022  saw playing time in every game.

2023  Started at quarterback in the season-opener … Completed 22-of-28 passes (78.6 percent) for 276 yards and 2 TDs.  

So it isn't like he  was some freshman scrub.  He knows the offense well and has a lot of experience running it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does workout tapes by Fonda?

He said she rolls an Accord. I imagine Mrs. Brat still does the first ever workout tapes made by Mrs. Clara Jane Ford, wife of Henry. Lots of tire pulls and tin snipping in that workout. Great for the forearms.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

He said she rolls an Accord. I imagine Mrs. Brat still does the first ever workout tapes made by Mrs. Clara Jane Ford, wife of Henry. Lots of tire pulls and tin snipping in that workout. Great for the forearms.

texags...

cuban.gif

Edited by TexArcher

According to ESPN after 5 games, here's the averages.

Total Offense Cocksuckers get 501 ypg and score 47.4.

Total Offense TEXAS.  We get 478 ypg and score 36.

Total Defense Cocksuckers hold teams to 319 ypg and allow 10.8.

Total Defense TEXAS.   We hold 'em to 290 ypg and allow 12.8.

This game is gonna be hotter than parking lot full of burning stumps.  They'll want to avenge last year's 49-0 mudhole.  They will be keying on Brooks something fierce.  Baxter and Blue need to get plenty of reps and Brooks plenty of rest this week.  We'll need him.  I'd like to see more of Mitchell, for sure for sure.   I'm betting Sark hasn't shown the entire playbook just yet.  This game may very well come down to the last play, special teams play, or a defensive score.    For the record, our defense will take care of business and we'll move on to 6-0.  Pollsters will take notice and bump us up.  What is the latest on Sanders, Hutson and Ross?  Good news upcoming this week?

Here's one last FYI for the pollsters to think on.  GA Bullies are NOT in the top 15 in either total offense or total defense.  Just sayin'.........

2023 College Football Team Total Offense Stats | ESPN

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

According to ESPN after 5 games, here's the averages.

Total Offense Cocksuckers get 501 ypg and score 47.4.

Total Offense TEXAS.  We get 478 ypg and score 36.

Total Defense Cocksuckers hold teams to 319 ypg and allow 10.8.

Total Defense TEXAS.   We hold 'em to 290 ypg and allow 12.8.

This game is gonna be hotter than parking lot full of burning stumps.  They'll want to avenge last year's 49-0 mudhole.  They will be keying on Brooks something fierce.  Baxter and Blue need to get plenty of reps and Brooks plenty of rest this week.  We'll need him.  I'd like to see more of Mitchell, for sure for sure.   I'm betting Sark hasn't shown the entire playbook just yet.  This game may very well come down to the last play, special teams play, or a defensive score.    For the record, our defense will take care of business and we'll move on to 6-0.  Pollsters will take notice and bump us up.  What is the latest on Sanders, Hutson and Ross?  Good news upcoming this week?

Here's one last FYI for the pollsters to think on.  GA Bullies are NOT in the top 15 in either total offense or total defense.  Just sayin'.........

2023 College Football Team Total Offense Stats | ESPN

@NoName come rip this man’s stats to shreds 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Calm down Francis, the link is there to the ESPN page.  It's only info, the real stat will be on the scoreboard next week.

Only kidding, but those unadjusted stays do not paint any sort of accurate picture of our seasons so far. OU needs to prepare for pain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Etexhorn13 said:

Only kidding, but those unadjusted stays do not paint any sort of accurate picture of our seasons so far. OU needs to prepare for pain. 

Yeah, they have not played good teams. Our defense has done that against much better offenses. We’ve probably faced better defenses as well. Don’t make a shit, OU sucks and will be returned to earth when they face their first real opponent 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

There's no telling how a 2009 National Championship would have changed the last 15ish years for both schools. For us, it would have taken twice as many years to get rid of Mack and this would be the year we finally moved on from Strong, and heading  into the SEC next year while ushering in the Herman wonder years. 

its been widely reported that Mack was fully planning on winning that championship and walking off into the sunset leaving Muschamp to deal with 2010 & beyond.  Mack thought he was leaving a legacy with a HCIW.  Which is why Mack was so discombobulated those next 4 years.

Based on how bad our 2010 team was, and how bad Will was as the Florida coach, we would have let Will go in either 2012, or 2013 anyway.  so who the hell knows how the next 10 years were after that. 

I'da bet 2010 Boom would have been a whole lot better as HC here than he was later at FLA, and than Mack turned out here. Boom wanted Holgo as his OC, and that silly bullyball shit woulda been history on the spot. We'll never know, but it's fun to speculate.

9 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I'da bet 2010 Boom would have been a whole lot better as HC here than he was later at FLA, and than Mack turned out here. Boom wanted Holgo as his OC, and that silly bullyball shit woulda been history on the spot. We'll never know, but it's fun to speculate.

Yeah I don’t think Muschamp changes the offense drastically bc he was butthurt he got beat by a power run team. We actually run something our QB and OL were recruited for 

Once FUPM fucked up badly enough that his HCIW was able to force GDGD out, the desired replacement was Holgo. For some reason, the big dicks who called Mack's "I'll quit before I'll fire Greg" bluff, allowed themselves to be convinced not to go with Holgo. It was said that FUPM told his wealthy and influential golfing buddies that Holgorsen was morally unfit to become a part of the Holy Horns staff, being divorced, dwelling in a hotel, said to be a drinker, a gambler, and keeping company with overly-youthful females. Mack's choice to replace GDGD was Paul Chryst, who visited Austin, saw the lay of the land, and demurred. 

Your imaginary mileage may vary, but mine says Holgo would have been able to create enough offense to make Boom's HC job at least substantially more successful than FUPM's Applewhite riding Harsin's results.