NHL Regular Season: 2023-2024

Vertuzzi

41 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Holy shit. This is fucked up.

ESPN story did not have the details.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/five-2018-world-junior-hockey-players-face-sex-assault-charges-report

All still allegedly,but they cut 5 guys loose indefinitely. 

Trigger warning. I mean it. 

man, that's barbaric. if true then surely none of those players will see another nhl game. at least, let's hope (again, if true)

• Hook 'Em 1

1. In 6 short hours today, finds out he's getting sent to Iowa in February for 8 days.

2.  Finds Waterloo tix to salvage the trip.

I love going to NHL games...

almost as much as I love minor league hockey.

At the Blackhawks game

I’ve never seen this

they came back 30 seconds after a shot and said it went in

the video doesn’t show it going in at all

maybe I’m blind or they showed something more conclusive on TV?

• 2 weeks later...

These outdoor games are so fun. Hearing 70,000 cheer a goal is pretty awesome like in the Rangers’ first a few mins ago. The Winter Classic at the Cotton Bowl back in 2020 was an all-time cool sports experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Feels like may be different this time... A few dominos been falling with adding Ice making ability to Toyota center during last year's renovations..

Have to think it's happening if/when Arizona's last ditch effort falls through. 

Could also be something to the smoke of the league eventually moving to 36. Either way Houston got screwed in the WHA-NHL merger and more than deserves this shot if it happens. 

15 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I've read way more about that billionaire in Salt Lake City buying the Coyotes.

This is correct. Coyotes are most likely headed to Utah if no new stadium in AZ. Houston and Kansas City have been discussed as locations for expansion teams. 

The New Jersey Devils, struggling to contend in a clogged Eastern Conference a season after winning a playoff round last season, fired coach Lindy Ruff on Monday, the team announced.

Travis Green, an assistant for Ruff and the former coach of the Vancouver Canucks, was named the club's interim coach. The announcement was made by Devils general manager Tom Fitzgerald, a day after New Jersey lost to the Los Angeles Kings 5-1. 

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39654706/new-jersey-devils-fire-lindy-ruff-promote-travis-green