NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

The fact joker can bulldoze and extend arms on back downs and never get called for an offensive foul is wild
He gets abused every time in the paint. No call on KAT when he got him in the air is your makeup.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The fact joker can bulldoze and extend arms on back downs and never get called for an offensive foul is wild

not as wild as you have to let a player change directions and give them a written warning that you're setting a screen

• Haha 2

Mike Malone is lucky he didn’t stare at the ref for a tech

And KAT just flattened Murray. That's an offensive foul.

Where I come from that was a love tap.

Joker fouled kat on the baseline drive

Joker fouled ant just now.

K I’m done lmao

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
31 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
Man the garden kicks ass in the playoffs

I would very much like to see a playoff game there. And Brunson is an animal.

I went to game 3 of the 1999 finals when the spurs played the Knicks in the garden. It was pretty awesome even though the spurs lost that one. The refs were just as horrible that night as they were tonight. I generally hate the nba ref conspiracy theories, but there was a reason Dick Bavetta was called Dick the Knick, and sure as shit he called that game which was the only one the spurs lost that series. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

which was the only one the spurs lost that series. 

I believe it was the only game San Antonio lost all playoffs. 

*They lost 2 - beat Minny 3-1 in r1.

Edited by ztejas

Mike Malone is lucky he didn’t stare at the ref for a tech

Where I come from that was a love tap.

Joker fouled kat on the baseline drive

Joker fouled ant just now.

K I’m done lmao
So Jok is good to do that the rest of the game? Fuck off outta here.

2 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

36-20 lead with no gobert for a team that’s never been here before. wolves look scary right now.

Glen Taylor built this team and deserves all the credit.

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe next January, when people start their usual talking about how no one in the league plays defense anymore and how it doesn't matter in today's NBA, we can remember what happens every year in the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

If it came from their bench, it was probably a maxi pad. There are playing like pussies tonight. 

Tbf they appear to be playing a genetically engineered amalgamation of MJ, Kobe and LeBron.

Edited by ztejas

Posted (edited)

what’s crazy is that it feels like there is zero chance of a second half comeback.

actually it’s not crazy at all lol, wolves have already extended their lead by five since i typed this. denver has been bludgeoned to death in two quarters time.

Edited by definitely not derka

If it came from their bench, it was probably a maxi pad. There are playing like pussies tonight. 

Murray has a money gesture to the ref, threw a heat or maxi pad onto the court while it was playing, clapping in the refs faces….0 Ts

He should have 2 suspensions incoming for the first 2 acts

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Maybe, just maybe next January, when people start their usual talking about how no one in the league plays defense anymore and how it doesn't matter in today's NBA, we can remember what happens every year in the playoffs.

This isn’t even the same sport that we saw from October to January. 

And Murray has to be punished for that. That’s ridiculous and embarrassing. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This isn’t even the same sport that we saw from October to January. 

I get that playoff basketball is different. But Minnesota was #1 on defense by a wide margin this season. Teams who advance in the playoffs tend to be top tier. Denver is the only team that I can think of that won a championship as an outside the top 10 defense (they were #4 in the playoffs). A year of forming habits, developing trust and chemistry, and building a foundation that you can then hopefully dial up to 11 in May.

Edited by aggie08

On my way home I was listening to Simmons/Rusillo from yesterday and Simmons throws out there that Minny is +550 to sweep. He makes the case as to maybe why it could potentially happen - citing stuff like MJ against the Pistons in '91, Detroit against Shaq/Kobe in '04, Spurs/Heat '14 - these series where it just kind of snowballs out of nowhere. 

My reaction was obviously - that's fucking ridiculous - Denver isn't getting swept. Russillo was polite but basically felt the same way. 

Then I get home, flip the TV on and sit down to this shit. 

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

• Hook 'Em 1

Eh. Lot of noise in the metrics last year because the Nuggets took off like 6 weeks. This year I think they finished 9th in D?  The Nuggets defense is like 10th with a top 3 offense 

• Hook 'Em 1