Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

The challenge for Tatum is he'll almost undoubtedly improve but he may not get enough USG or high end numbers for folks to consider him an elite player.  With guys like Kyrie and Hayward coming back, Tatum would have to be crazy efficient and turn it up on the defensive end.  While he played very well in the playoffs for a 19 year old he hasn't shown the type of efficiency nor two game to really break through. 2020 or really more like 2021 I would expect him to really be considered an elite player if he continues his trajectory.  Right now, there are too many mouths to feed and the weaknesses in his game (shooting from deep, passing, defense) need to be shored up.... Same with Brown.

In this edited extract from the new book by Steven Adams, he tells how as a rookie he got NBA veterans ejected, and it wasn’t that hard.

The moment I was drafted someone tweeted WELP STEVEN ADAMS TO OKC and Kevin Durant apparently replied “smh”. He deleted the tweet and replaced it with “Welcome Steven Adams”.

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Well, in the defense of KD, who knew much about Steven Adams at the time..?

If they were only floating the idea of drafting him... maybe

But since they had already drafted him... pretty bad taste to make that public comment to a teammate

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If they were only floating the idea of drafting him... maybe

But since they had already drafted him... pretty bad taste to make that public comment to a teammate

That's an understandable assessment...

On 7/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, pyrohornIII said:

The article is a good read.

Horns with twitter need to call out the douche on that tweet stream talking shit on KD.   KD is a great Longhorn.  Gives back, represents well.  F that douche.

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

The story from Broussard on FS1:

Lmao! So he admits to being a phony for the majority of his career? That's just as bad as turning into a fake tough guy when you joined a powerhouse team. Either way isn't a good look. No idea why he would say that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao! So he admits to being a phony for the majority of his career? That's just as bad as turning into a fake tough guy when you joined a powerhouse team. Either way isn't a good look. No idea why he would say that.

the way your brain works fascinates me. did you maybe get a bump on your head at 13 and stop maturing? your response to everything is so unbelievably childish, it's amazing. your desire to put people down and call them out for any perceived flaw speaks volumes about how you see yourself. you need to grow up dude. your perception of the world mirrors that of every middle school student i have who's desperately trying to find his own place in the world, so he just sits around waiting for any opportunity to shit on someone else. i'd get into a conversation with you about what KD has said and gone through if i thought for even one second that you were capable of having a mature, adult conversation, or even having a modicum of understanding of how an adult conversation works. sadly, that requires far too much objectivity and nuance for your tiny brain to handle.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

i mean you literally pretended to be someone else for years (as an adult no less) and you want to slam someone else for "being phony" simply for trying to act the way he thought he was supposed to act in a professional setting, or for having some self discovery as he navigated his public stardom and platform at a young age. you are pathetic.

edit- fuck it, let me try and explain this to your 35 year-old ass: you get a new job (in this case a very high profile job) and you don't want to step on anyone's toes or alienate anyone so you filter yourself. the way you act and talk and think at home is filtered at work. you're more agreeable, more approachable, less outwardly angry, frustrated, mad, disagreeable, etc, even when you actually feel that way. you're "turned on" when you're at work. then, once you've been at the company for several years and have established yourself (mvp, finals champ, finals mvp, you know, the literal peak of the profession), you say, "okay, i'm here now, i'm established, and i'm going to start acting like the real me; no more filter." there isn't a person with a fully functioning adult brain who doesn't understand this dynamic. of course therein lies the problem- your brain is stuck on 13. it's sad, and frankly annoying as shit.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

49 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the way your brain works fascinates me. did you maybe get a bump on your head at 13 and stop maturing? your response to everything is so unbelievably childish, it's amazing. your desire to put people down and call them out for any perceived flaw speaks volumes about how you see yourself. you need to grow up dude. your perception of the world mirrors that of every middle school student i have who's desperately trying to find his own place in the world, so he just sits around waiting for any opportunity to shit on someone else. i'd get into a conversation with you about what KD has said and gone through if i thought for even one second that you were capable of having a mature, adult conversation, or even having a modicum of understanding of how an adult conversation works. sadly, that requires far too much objectivity and nuance for your tiny brain to handle.

says the arbiter and exemplar of adult conversations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I personally think KD is just in search of finding himself, it would just be optimal if he did so without the involvement of Twitter, of other social media outlets...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I personally think KD is just in search of finding himself, it would just be optimal if he did so without the involvement of Twitter, of other social media outlets...

Well if what he said was true (and its not), his whole MVP speech was phony? I mean that is what he is pretty much saying.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

KD needs to put social media away forever.

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i mean you literally pretended to be someone else for years (as an adult no less) and you want to slam someone else for "being phony" simply for trying to act the way he thought he was supposed to act in a professional setting, or for having some self discovery as he navigated his public stardom and platform at a young age. you are pathetic.

edit- fuck it, let me try and explain this to your 35 year-old ass: you get a new job (in this case a very high profile job) and you don't want to step on anyone's toes or alienate anyone so you filter yourself. the way you act and talk and think at home is filtered at work. you're more agreeable, more approachable, less outwardly angry, frustrated, mad, disagreeable, etc, even when you actually feel that way. you're "turned on" when you're at work. then, once you've been at the company for several years and have established yourself (mvp, finals champ, finals mvp, you know, the literal peak of the profession), you say, "okay, i'm here now, i'm established, and i'm going to start acting like the real me; no more filter." there isn't a person with a fully functioning adult brain who doesn't understand this dynamic. of course therein lies the problem- your brain is stuck on 13. it's sad, and frankly annoying as shit.

lol

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

KD needs to put social media away forever.

Agreed...

Someone in his camp needs to make that their duty to be a "social media guardian" of behalf of KD, and tell him to just enjoy his time he is gifted in the NBA as an elite talent...

12 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Agreed...

Someone in his camp needs to make that their duty to be a "social media guardian" of behalf of KD, and tell him to just enjoy his time he is gifted in the NBA as an elite talent...

Yeah, he's an thin-skinned, big-eared (figuratively speaking) idiot who took the easy road (IMO) so I'm no longer much of a fan regardless of where he spent a few months wearing a burnt orange uniform.

Edited by C-Man

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, he's an thin-skinned, big-eared (figuratively speaking) idiot who took the easy road (IMO) so I'm no longer much of a fan regardless of where he spent a few months wearing a burnt orange uniform.

Well, he has helped homeless kids in communities in Austin/ Oklahoma City & San Francisco, so for as inconsistent as he is on social media, more or less in the community he is very consistent, and for that I will continue to be a fan...

14 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, he has helped homeless kids in communities in Austin/ Oklahoma City & San Francisco, so for as inconsistent as he is on social media, more or less in the community he is very consistent, and for that I will continue to be a fan...

To each their own. LeBron just did an amazing thing with his new school but I've never particularly liked how he's gone about his business when it comes to basketball, therefore not really a fan.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Expect the wrath of Derka soon!

But you are spot on with everything you have said. Especially KD on social media.

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Expect the wrath of Derka soon!

But you are spot on with everything you have said. Especially KD on social media.

You misunderstand me once again. Although I do think that the "easy road" argument is weak as hell and largely indefensible, i'm not going to rail against c-man for saying he doesn't like kd. it's his perogative to like whoever he wants to like for whatever reasons he wants to like them. you dissing kd is not why you draw my ire.

you draw my ire because you are a child. i'm not mincing words when i call you a 13 year-old- you literally have the perspective/world view of a 13 year-old, despite being in your mid-30's. 90% of your posts on the basketball board involve you calling someone a bitch, criticizing someone for failing, saying "lulz", or otherwise acting like an idiotic 8th grader.

everyone else who regularly posts in this forum does so to talk about basketball. not you. you incessantly run around this board talking shit to/about people. you have no desire to genuinely discuss hoops, you only want to find reasons to hate on someone or call them a bitch. it's annoying as shit and just plain juvenile. you not only never add to the conversation, you take away from it. an adult sees what kd said and can understand and identify with the concept of filtering ones self at the workplace so as not to disrupt things, only to later on become more authentic at work once you've established yourself beyond a doubt. a 13 year old reacts the way you did- "so he's saying he's been a phony his whole career?! what a bitch! he's either a phony or a fake tough guy, what a loser!" never anything substantive, just incessant blathering about how so-and-so sucks. it's childish and annoying. stop doing it. 

edit: lol, and while i'm typing this you're running around negging al of my posts. case in point. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I think it’s ok to think:

1) KD is a great player and I’m glad he came to Texas.

2) KD does good things in the community, and for the University, for that matter. We should appreciate that.

3) KD isn’t very personally likeable at this point. Whether this or OKC was the “real” him, or whether he’s just swapped playing a babyface for a heel and it’s all pretend, I’m beyond tired of his act.

Thats pretty much where I am. I think all 3 of those can coexist.

• Like 2

Running around? I negged your 2 dumb ass posts that were directed at me right above in this thread. Stop exaggerating like you always do dumb fuck.

Also, I didn't read anything else you typed above that. I am sure it was riveting stuff as always from you, though.

Edited by Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I think it’s ok to think:

1) KD is a great player and I’m glad he came to Texas.

2) KD does good things in the community, and for the University, for that matter. We should appreciate that.

3) KD isn’t very personally likeable at this point. Whether this or OKC was the “real” him, or whether he’s just swapped playing a babyface for a heel and it’s all pretend, I’m beyond tired of his act.

Thats pretty much where I am. I think all 3 of those can coexist.

I understand & respect your points, as I have felt similar, but still with enough conviction to look past his errors, as I don't know him directly, & some of this is the media asking a stupid question & getting an honestly stupid response in return...

12 hours ago, kopp0e said:

As noted, the media is putting all of this in our faces, kind of reminding us of these "new" comments on a near daily basis...

He's giving the media and spectators fuel.  He's doing what internet-grown teenagers know NOT to do.  He's doing exactly the opposite of what he should be. 

The best move is to do what 100s of people shouted at Taz/Derka/etc to do - step away and disengage.  And like those stubborn, oblivious dumbasses, he keeps firing back - in what is clearly a losing battle.  Which only makes it worse, not better.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

He's giving the media and spectators fuel.  He's doing what internet-grown teenagers know NOT to do.  He's doing exactly the opposite of what he should be. 

The best move is to do what 100s of people shouted at Taz/Derka/etc to do - step away and disengage.  And like those stubborn, oblivious dumbasses, he keeps firing back - in what is clearly a losing battle.  Which only makes it worse, not better.

There's a reason Derka goes to great lengths to defend every single thing KD says. They are one in the same personality wise. Neither can help themselves. 

lmao at the way you two convince yourselves you're above it all. completely self deluded.

btw, how do i "go to great lengths to defend everything kd says"? i don't even recall defending a single thing he's said, i've just pointed out your endless supply of juvenile, sophomoric, mentally stunted replies to everything that happens on this board. but hey, whatever makes you feel good about yourself, the 35 year old professional internet troll.

Edited by Goo Punch

22 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao at the way you two convince yourselves you're above it all. completely self deluded.

btw, how do i "go to great lengths to defend everything kd says"? i don't even recall defending a single thing he's said, i've just pointed out your endless supply of juvenile, sophomoric, mentally stunted replies to everything that happens on this board. but hey, whatever makes you feel good about yourself, the 35 year old professional internet troll.

tenor.gif

On 8/4/2018 at 7:46 AM, PilotsError said:

I don't have a problem with you personally, but every link you post is awkward and sucks.

That could be a portrait of my inner personality, but that is cool I like it that way... And I don't take your comments to heart..! 😉

On 8/4/2018 at 11:52 AM, BigOrange1 said:

i echo this, but i also have a problem with him personally.

I am not offended by yours either..! 😋

KD doing nice things for the youth:

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 1:58 AM, Goo Punch said:

off the top of my head:

lebron

kd

a davis

kawhi

steph

harden

giannis

westbrook 

jokic

kat

this a the top 10 list i posted a couple of weeks ago. i'm not 100% sold on all of it, but i am 100% sold on the fact that 1 and 2 have been the same for years and years. steph might be the two time mvp but he's never been better than durant.

• 2 weeks later...

OKC was not a title contender. He was there for 9 years and made the finals once, where they got smashed. his time there ended in what was clearly an untenable situation, with KD, a naturally selfless player, fighting with Russell Westbrook for the ball in the 4Q while their teammates watched and their coach took a back seat. acting like they were on the verge of breaking through is completely disingenuous. it had run its course.

Edited by Goo Punch