Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

Right. Remember how clutch he was when OKC was up 3-1 in the Western Conference Finals against the greatest regular season team of all time when his teammates were Westbrook and Roberson, two horrible shooters?  Remember how the Durant led team couldn't win one of the lat 3 games including one at home?  Does Durant shoulder all of the blame for that?  No, of course not but for you to act like his life doesn't get a lot easier because of Curry and Thompson you are kidding yourself.  To act like that team (GS) can't win a title without him is equally ridiculous as they already had won one and should have won another one.  I get it, you love Durant.  He is the second best overall player in the world and just happened to go the the university that you cheer for and love.  I completely understand why you feel the way that you do, but your inability to understand why anyone else would feel differently is ludicrous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Who took over the game last night, same as he did last year’s Finals? When everything has been in the line the last two years and the two best teams in the league have been squaring off for the title (because that’s what last night was, NBA Finals game 7) who by far was the best player on the court? Who shine brightest? Who won what is now going to be back to back titles for his team? KD. Period. You still have to show up and actually make the plays, and actually hit the shots; KD did it, twice in a row now. 

Steph?

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

Right. Remember how clutch he was when OKC was up 3-1 in the Western Conference Finals against the greatest regular season team of all time when his teammates were Westbrook and Roberson, two horrible shooters?  Remember how the Durant led team couldn't win one of the lat 3 games including one at home?  Does Durant shoulder all of the blame for that?  No, of course not but for you to act like his life doesn't get a lot easier because of Curry and Thompson you are kidding yourself.  To act like that team (GS) can't win a title without him is equally ridiculous as they already had won one and should have won another one.  I get it, you love Durant.  He is the second best overall player in the world and just happened to go the the university that you cheer for and love.  I completely understand why you feel the way that you do, but your inability to understand why anyone else would feel differently is ludicrous.  

We all understand why you're hating on Durant. Because his new hobby is knocking Texas teams out of the playoffs. He made a great team unbeatable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hate said:

That Derka has zero affiliation with the University, makes it hilarious

We all understand why you're hating on Durant. Because his new hobby is knocking Texas teams out of the playoffs. He made a great team unbeatable.
How courageous of him! Tucked his tail and ran to the team he couldn't beat. That would be like Jordan running to the Pistons. Lebron to the Celtics. Dirk running to the Spurs. He's a clown for that move. And ruined the competitive balance of the league.

Only Longhorns homers think KD doesn't have as much blame for OKCs failures as Westbrook did.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How courageous of him! Tucked his tail and ran to the team he couldn't beat. That would be like Jordan running to the Pistons. Lebron to the Celtics. Dirk running to the Spurs. He's a clown for that move. And ruined the competitive balance of the league.

Only Longhorns homers think KD doesn't have as much blame for OKCs failures as Westbrook did.

First off, Lebron did tuck his tail and mess with the competitive balance in the league, and he is the greatest player of his generation and a top 3 player of all time.

Second, it's fair to criticize KD, but he is still the best player on his team. He is the mismatch you build around, and he sure seems to be having fun with Steph and Klay.

Third, his franchise traded future MVP, James Harden, hired Scott Brooks and Billy Donovan, and is in the state of Oklahoma. Durant improved his life and employer.

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Who took over the game last night, same as he did last year’s Finals? When everything has been in the line the last two years and the two best teams in the league have been squaring off for the title (because that’s what last night was, NBA Finals game 7) who by far was the best player on the court? Who shine brightest? Who won what is now going to be back to back titles for his team? KD. Period. You still have to show up and actually make the plays, and actually hit the shots; KD did it, twice in a row now. 

Klay Thompson is the ballsiest guy on that team. I swear he does all the heavy lifting and hits all the big shots and then KD and Steph sort of just pile on.

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah, them and anyone else with a clue. I don’t know how you continue to convince yourself of such patently false ideas, but hey- why let reality get in the way of being a self-deluded blowhard on the internet. As long as you believe it then it’s true.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Remind me again, in game 6 of GS vs OKC, who was it that was the best player on the court that night? Who went unconscious? Was it KD or Steph? No, it was Klay.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You just said that he does all of the heavy lifting while KD gets the credit and your evidence is a game from two years ago when KD wasn’t even on Klay’s team?! Yeah, it’s definitely not my meter that’s broken.

Edited by Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Whenever GS is down 10-15 and things are looking shitty it's always Klay who seems to step up. He's their best perimeter defender too. Must be nice for KD and Steph to literally be able to disappear for entire halves of games and come out smelling like a rose because they hit a few shots when the tide had already been turned in their favor by Klay's big balls shooting.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Remind me again, in game 6 of GS vs OKC, who was it that was the best player on the court that night? Who went unconscious? Was it KD or Steph? No, it was Klay.

I've been to quite a few NBA games, from Jordan era to current, and the game I saw Klay Thompson hit 10 of 15 from long range(@Dallas) was probably the most impressive performance I have ever seen live. The guy is a shooting machine

Edited by immortal13

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Whenever GS is down 10-15 and things are looking shitty it's always Klay who seems to step up. He's their best perimeter defender too. Must be nice for KD and Steph to literally be able to disappear for entire halves of games and come out smelling like a rose because they hit a few shots when the tide had already been turned in their favor by Klay's big balls shooting.

giphy.gif

The fact that you’re posting this just hours after Klay was on the bench with foul trouble while KD + Steph essentially won another ring for GS by leading he comeback is doubly dumbfounding.

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

giphy.gif

The fact that you’re posting this just hours after Klay was on the bench with foul trouble while KD + Steph essentially won another ring for GS by leading he comeback is doubly dumbfounding.

You're kidding, right? Kerr playing Thompson despite the 3 early fouls is what turned the game around.

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's utter stupidity.  The Warriors were down 11 at half and outscored the Rockets by 18 in the 3rd quarter to get up 7.  Klay scored 0 points and was 0-2 from the field and was glued to the bench for the last 7.5 minutes because he was committing silly fouls.  He literally contributed nothing to last night's comeback and that's okay.  He was incredible in game 6 but Klay's big balls were icing on the bench last night during the biggest minutes of the game....

In games 2, 3, and 4 (2 losses and a win for the Warriors), Klay scored 31 points.... total.  Was 13-38 from the field, had as many fouls as assists and almost as many turnovers as assists.  Dude is crazy unstoppable when he's feeling it and I'm sure the Warriors feel incredibly lucky to have him but he disappears..... a lot.

You don't even want to see the stats from the 2016 Finals..... when they needed him to be big and they lost.  JFC.  It's like some of you have never watched basketball before.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's utter stupidity.  The Warriors were down 11 at half and outscored the Rockets by 18 in the 3rd quarter to get up 7.  Klay scored 0 points and was 0-2 from the field and was glued to the bench for the last 7.5 minutes because he was committing silly fouls.  He literally contributed nothing to last night's comeback and that's okay.  He was incredible in game 6 but Klay's big balls were icing on the bench last night during the biggest minutes of the game....

In games 2, 3, and 4 (2 losses and a win for the Warriors), Klay scored 31 points.... total.  Was 13-38 from the field, had as many fouls as assists and almost as many turnovers as assists.  Dude is crazy unstoppable when he's feeling it and I'm sure the Warriors feel incredibly lucky to have him but he disappears..... a lot.

You don't even want to see the stats from the 2016 Finals..... when they needed him to be big and they lost.  JFC.  It's like some of you have never watched basketball before.

Wow, nvm then. He hit a couple of momentum 3s and played good D as always. Guess he was better in game 6.

Edited by Pam Cummings

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Steph Curry in the 3rd is who took over. 

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Steph Curry in the 3rd is who took over. 

It was both KD and Steph. The entire comeback was those two guys either scoring or assisting essentially every point. Steph probably accounted for like 4 more points during the quarter (I’m guessing), but those two turned it on and the game was over. Steph did have that one stretch where he hit three in a row, so I’m fine saying he was “more” responsible for the comeback, but KD has been nothing but clutch when it’s mattered for GS, and that’s the point.

Edited by Goo Punch

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

It was both KD and Steph. The entire comeback was those two guys either scoring or assisting essentially every point. Steph probably accounted for like 4 more points during the quarter (I’m guessing), but those two turned it on and the game was over. Steph did have that one stretch where he hit three in a row, so I’m fine saying he was “more” responsible for the comeback, but KD has been nothing but clutch when it’s mattered for GS, and that’s the point.

I think Durant gets way too much hate for going to Golden State, but I would not classify last night as "clutch" for Durant. 

Durant was god awful in the first half. Then Curry went on a huge run in the 3rd to create separation. Then Durant had a pretty good 4th quarter once Curry created the separation. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think Durant gets way too much hate for going to Golden State, but I would not classify last night as "clutch" for Durant. 

Durant was god awful in the first half. Then Curry went on a huge run in the 3rd to create separation. Then Durant had a pretty good 4th quarter once Curry created the separation. 

KD was lazy in the first half specifically defensively, but then again so was Curry, who was 1-7 at one point and had more turnovers than assists.  The entire team was lethargic.  The 3rd quarter was crazy.  Steph hadn't even scored and the lead had been cut to 4 but then after some FT's, Curry went on a Curry Flurry where he goes nuts for a few minutes.  3 game time minutes later, he had hit 4 3's and scored 14 points.  After KD hit a 3 to tie the game, Curry hit 3 3's in less than 2 minutes and they were up 9.  KD then kept the lead the last two minutes as Draymond and Curry went to rest the final 2 minutes by scoring 4 points as the Warriors tried to sit on the lead until they could come back with Curry, Draymond, and Klay to start the 4th. 

The comeback had already cut 7 points off the lead, Curry's crazy shooting helped turn the tide and then gave them the lead.  It was truly spectacular but KD also had 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, and the entire team's defense went from shitty to in overdrive.  They also changed their defense and instead of playing straight up and sticking with their man despite penetration, they decided to start helping in the lane and making the Rockets kick the ball out and around the perimeter and run at the shooters much more.  Rockets couldn't hit shit and wilted and it was over..... Durant shot shitty in game 5 and 6 and needs to own it.  My issue with KD is he still stands around too much.  He should be grabbing 7-8 rebounds every game.  He's been playing a ton of minutes but he needs to be more active especially with helping on the boards.  He was in the 2nd half last night, especially defensively, and it was enough to get the win.  He'll need to be much more active in the Finals, b/c it looks like the Warriors will be without Iggy.

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

GS was down 58-47 with 8:43 left in the 3Q. The Warriors tied the game at 61-61with 4:29 left in the 3Q. During that time frame both KD and Steph hit two threes and assisted one more. Steph went off after that, but KD was just as involved in the comeback as Steph was. Besides which, that’s just the shooting. KD was getting boards and blocking shots in the 3Q as well. He’s been clutch two years in a row when his team has needed it.

Edited by Goo Punch

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

it has to be awesome to be klay thompson.  no one gives a shit when he doesn't score big, it's all on kd or steph.  when he goes off (usually only once or twice per series), people fawn all over him.

don't get me wrong, he's a great player.  but he gets next to 0 scrutiny when he doesn't play well. it's a very nice roll he has carved out for himself. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

it has to be awesome to be klay thompson.  no one gives a shit when he doesn't score big, it's all on kd or steph.  when he goes off (usually only once or twice per series), people fawn all over him.

don't get me wrong, he's a great player.  but he gets next to 0 scrutiny when he doesn't play well. it's a very nice roll he has carved out for himself. 

Well he did shoot 49% from 3 in the series.....

12 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

This is why I never understand when people suggest, "Oh, at some point, he's going to want out to get more credit and stardom." Playing into June--even as a 3rd option--year after year helps build your name more than 30 point games in January. Would any of us even know who Dennis Johnson is if he wasn't a Celtic? Klay would have more fame (which he's uncomfortable with anyway) if he was the Brooklyn Nets' best player? He's literally in the perfect spot for him.

Edited by aggie08

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I’m gonna need some more context to wrap my head around that tweet.

KD said that D'Antoni told him during postgame handshakes that Houston wins w/ a healthy Paul. This gets back to Kerr, and he dismissively counters with "well, we win in 5 with Iggy" to point out the silliness/hypocrisy of an if/then argument (and to take a shot at D'Antoni). D'Antoni is now saying that KD must have misheard him.

Edited by aggie08

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is why I never understand when people suggest, "Oh, at some point, he's going to want out to get more credit and stardom." Playing into June--even as a 3rd option--year after year helps build your name more than 30 point games in January. Would any of us even know who Dennis Johnson is if he wasn't a Celtic? Klay would have more fame (which he's uncomfortable with anyway) if he was the Brooklyn Nets' best player? He's literally in the perfect spot for him.

Dennis Johnson won with Seattle before he was ever a Celtic.

Re: Klay, maybe he just wants a new challenge. Mastered life as a 2nd/3rd banana and wants to see what he can do as "the guy" -- I think that's something that's a concept that is true across many professions for certain types of ppl. Maybe Klay isn't among those ppl.

16 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Re: Klay, maybe he just wants a new challenge. Mastered life as a 2nd/3rd banana and wants to see what he can do as "the guy" -- I think that's something that's a concept that is true across many professions for certain types of ppl. Maybe Klay isn't among those ppl.

And was the Finals MVP of that title..... DJ also was a big dunker in his early days from reading about him.  Died here in Austin.

Klay is already engaging in extensions talks so being young, rich, and super successful in the Bay area has to be a good gig....

22 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

We know KD isn't one of them.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

We know KD isn't one of them.

We actually saw it already. MVP, all-NBA first team, finals appearance, scoring titles, and rookie of the year. I usually think of guys like Tony Parker and Manu when I think of guys afraid to leave a great situation and be "the guy" somewhere else.