Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Nobody whines or complains as much as LeBron, but let’s all single out KD for it. 

I know you have this crazy jihad against Lebron, but come the fuck on. Lebron has been ejected once his entire career. KD spent 10 years in the league and got ejected twice. He moves to GS and now he's screaming at refs, getting into fights on the court, and getting ejected left and right this year like he's fucking Rasheed Wallace.

That was my point.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I know you have this crazy jihad against Lebron, but come the fuck on. Lebron has been ejected once his entire career. KD spent 10 years in the league and got ejected twice. He moves to GS and now he's screaming at refs, getting into fights on the court, and getting ejected left and right this year like he's fucking Rasheed Wallace.

That was my point.

I can’t even read past your first sentence because it’s so stupid and factually wrong. I really like LeBron, I’m just on the record as saying that I really hate the way he acts sometimes. So kick rocks with that. Second, you literally don’t watch basketball if you don’t see LeBron crying every single time he goes to the hoop with no call. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

As for this “what happened to KD when he got to GS” mystery, I think I have a decent idea as to what’s changed. What’s changed is that Golden State is a unique organization with a unique, revolutionary, forward thinking head coach who treats all of his men like men, meaning be who you are and do and say what you want. 

“Draymond, say whatever you think and feel at any time, and be yourself on the court; Steph, do commercials, bring your daughter to the pressers, do a shimmy and a dance down the court after you hit a three; JaVale, draw up the next couple of plays because this regular season literally doesn’t matter and I have to do SOMETHING just to keep guys engaged; KD, if you’ve had enough from the refs then get tossed and rest up; as I just said these games don’t even matter. Nick Young, come off the bench in the 4Q, score 12, celebrate like a walk-on. Go wild.”

That’s it. That’s what I think anyway. These guys all just do whatever they want because they all understand that all that matters is the postseason. If KD starts hurting his team with his actions a la Draymond, then kill him for it. Until then, stop pretending that KD yelling at refs is reason enough to hate a man who is a demigod at UT and a kickass person as well. It’s petty and stupid. Petty, and stupid.

• Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That was my point.

Exaggerate much?

• Fuck You 1

On 5/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, immortal13 said:

Exaggerate much?

No he's spot on. KD turned into a fake tough guy when he came to GSW. But anyone can see right through it. Who the hell is intimidated by KD in this league? No one. This is the equivalent of Dirk leaving and getting techs at that rate. It is painfully obvious KD is trying to be someone he isn't.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Kerr told him that MJ passed the ball. <Hint> .  KD didn't care, kept on being KD

Then he stopped shooting in the 4th quarter like he did in Game 4.  I think I saw where he only took 4 shots the entire quarter.  Could be wrong about that number but he totally disappeared again.

GS Durant seems a lot like OKC Durant.  Lots of ISO's, ill timed shots (although he's better now than then), and not a great game finisher.  That's what got me about the quote about him wanting to play in GS because of the style of play.  Nothing he ever did in OKC suggested that.

6 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

locker room video shows the players are not paying attention to Kerr. Maybe it's like that for all NBA coaches, but given the playoffs I'd expect something more respectful. 

After a team wins a title or two, they always tune out the coach.

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

He's been a ball stopper the last 2 games and then passive in moments when he should have been aggressive. He'll probably play better next time out, but he hasn't been good and he has them not looking like the 2014-now Warriors on offense

To say “KD kept on being KD” is an out and out statement that he’s a selfish player, a la Westbrook, and it’s just false. It’s a factually incorrect thing to say. If you want to say “KD kept stopping the ball” then that’s fine, but to say that his MO is that of a selfish, ball-stopping player is flat out wrong.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, RelaxedLonghorn said:

Honestly was hoping Kerr would bench him for ball hogging damn near every time he touched it. Golden State's ball movement is night and day when he is not involved in the offense.

I forget the actual numbers but GS's record is significantly better when Durant hasn't played and Curry has vs. the opposite.  

Not so sure, he single handedly killed at least 10 possessions. Even half with a likely better shot would have won the game.

I should say I only care slightly who wins the series, it just frustrates me to see K D playing like hero and failing. Not sharing the ball when he joined a team for that reason is dumb.

Edit, forgot to quote Bigorange

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

gs had much better teamwork in 2016 than 2017, better ball movement, even though they won it all in 2017 and lost in 2016. It's kind of an enigma though, KD wins it for them and loses it for them too.

Welcome to hero/ISO ball, which is what OKC always was.  They'd call a play and Durant or Westbrook would ignore it and fire up some ill advised shot.  

It is what it is.....  

Meh, I don’t put much stock in some of Kevin’s behavior. Him being one of the more sensitive guys in the league I see his actions as nothing more then him still struggling internally about jumping from OKC to GS. And what we are seeing is Kevin trying to convince not only himself, but everyone else that him making the jump to GS was OK to do. 

In a strange way winning a single title has caused him internal grief because on the surface he believes people don’t like him for that. And Kevin doesn’t like to think people don’t like him. Only winning multiple titles would allow him to put that internal demon away. And when the possibility of losing out becomes real it fucks with his ability to look at a game situation rationally. Kevin is his own worst enemy at this point in his career. But again, just my take on why someone as talented as him does something silly at a crucial time. He has needlessly put enormous pressure on himself in an effort to try and please everyone. Rather then just simply playing his game, and fuck who does or does not like you.

Long before Durant left OKC for GS, I remember reading that OKC's people were much more worried about Durant leaving rather than Westbrook, despite the belief in the media that Westbrook would do anything to move back to Southern California.

Their belief at the time was that Durant easily influenced by hangers on.  (We forget these pro athletes are like 25 years old.)  They thought Westbrook came from a grounded family, had a tight circle and was going to do what he wanted to do.  Durant, they thought, had some hangers on and business people.  At the end, his dad showed up who had never been involved with anything at all and OKC was surprised to even meet him yet, there he was advising Durant to go to GS.

Even early on, though, the OKC brass knew Durant was insecure.  I didn't think much about it at the time but I've thought about it as time went on.  They were right.

^^^This really goes with this:

As for this “what happened to KD when he got to GS” mystery, I think I have a decent idea as to what’s changed. What’s changed is that Golden State is a unique organization with a unique, revolutionary, forward thinking head coach who treats all of his men like men, meaning be who you are and do and say what you want.

“Draymond, say whatever you think and feel at any time, and be yourself on the court; Steph, do commercials, bring your daughter to the pressers, do a shimmy and a dance down the court after you hit a three; JaVale, draw up the next couple of plays because this regular season literally doesn’t matter and I have to do SOMETHING just to keep guys engaged; KD, if you’ve had enough from the refs then get tossed and rest up; as I just said these games don’t even matter. Nick Young, come off the bench in the 4Q, score 12, celebrate like a walk-on. Go wild.”

That’s it. That’s what I think anyway. These guys all just do whatever they want because they all understand that all that matters is the postseason. If KD starts hurting his team with his actions a la Draymond, then kill him for it. Until then, stop pretending that KD yelling at refs is reason enough to hate a man who is a demigod at UT and a kickass person as well. It’s petty and stupid. Petty, and stupid.

KD hasn’t changed since like fifth grade. This guy is the walking embodiment of a hooper. Anyone who’s ever played basketball at even the high school level, or who’s ever gotten to watch actual hoopers playing in an intimate setting knows how much trash talk and emotion comes with the territory. If you hoop, you talk shit. The better you are, the more shit you talk (a lot of the time anyway). MJ, The Glove, Chuck, Shaq, Larry, they all talked a bunch of shit and yelled at refs and cursed and did everything that KD is being vilified for.

It’s a lame excuse, same as the idea that KD changed. At some point he did what all young stars do and stopped caring so much about public image that he would stifle his own personality. He loves basketball, and he’s passionate when he plays. That doesn’t make him a fake tough guy. And Vic, who is always first to kick a man/coach/team when he’s down (so and so fucking sucks, I knew they would lose this, so and so is a BITCH) only needs to look at his own damn posts to see a fake tough guy.

• Fuck You 1

Watching Harden shrink (again) while watching KD take over another championship game sucked on account that it cost me the shaggy playoff pool, but it also reminded me of how fucking elite KD is. He’s an improved Larry Bird; not as good of a passer, better defender; all time great player. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

He just took the most No-No-No!-Yes!! shots I've ever witnessed. What a bad ass. As poorly as he played in the first half, I think most people expected him to hide in the corner with his hands on his shorts the rest of the game.

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Watching Harden shrink (again) while watching KD take over another championship game sucked on account that it cost me the shaggy playoff pool, but it also reminded me of how fucking elite KD is. He’s an improved Larry Bird; not as good of a passer, better defender; all time great player. 

I know right?  It had to be really difficult for KD when he has 2 of the greatest shooters of all time to take the pressure off of him and another "do-it-all" All Star to work with. 

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I know right?  It had to be really difficult for KD when he has 2 of the greatest shooters of all time to take the pressure off of him and another "do-it-all" All Star to work with. 

Who took over the game last night, same as he did last year’s Finals? When everything has been in the line the last two years and the two best teams in the league have been squaring off for the title (because that’s what last night was, NBA Finals game 7) who by far was the best player on the court? Who shine brightest? Who won what is now going to be back to back titles for his team? KD. Period. You still have to show up and actually make the plays, and actually hit the shots; KD did it, twice in a row now. 

• Like 1