Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

The Western Conference is loaded. Add in LBJ and a Lakers' team who will struggle to make the playoffs plus improvement by the few dogshit teams there are in the West, and the Western Conference Championship will decide the league champion again. There is no end in sight to the Western Conference dominance. Toronto, Philly and Boston have some talent. I was proud SA refused to send Leonard to a Western Conference team, but then they did get a hell of a player in return. Parity is gone between the conferences and may be missing for some time now. The West is in a major arms race. The East will decide who will become the next sacrificial lamb in the Finals.  

GS's regular season will be tougher next year. They have some cracks - as any follower of the NBA Western Conference knows. Durant is in a good place for his style of play and his personality.

The Western Conference teams have to get better every year just to make the playoffs. As a Nuggets fan, I have no problem with the Nuggies taking a flyer on MPJ - who could make them better in a Conference where you must improve or perish. Denver is not going to be a premiere destination for the LBJ or KD's of the world. But we do get the benefits of competing and winning in a strong conference - and good players want to play in the Major Conference to prove their worth. For that, I do thank the Warriors, Rockets, San Antonio, . . .  for making the West where the best want to play. The Nuggets were only 3 games behind the No. 3 seed, Portland, and lost a play-in game with Minnesota in missing the playoffs again this year. With the Lakers' improvement, there are at least 11 teams realistically playing for only  8 playoff spots. For the playoff contenders, every game counts in the regular season. 

KD is playing the best basketball has to offer and is on a team that should win it all again next year - as long as they get through the conference playoffs, which is no guarantee in the West. Dumping games is a problem that has to be solved, but it is unquestionably a way to get back in the fight for the lesser Western Conference teams. For the Eastern Conference teams, they look like they are playing a game better suited for the 1980's NBA. 

We live in interesting times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HookEm said:

The West is the better conference, no doubt... But in my view 3 of the top 5 teams are in the East.

Perhaps.....certainly not crazy to say or say at least 3 of the top 6.  Problem is that's all the East has but it's better than in recent years.  The West is just ridiculously deep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HookEm said:

The West is the better conference, no doubt... But in my view 3 of the top 5 teams are in the East.

meh.  i think we've all been a little quick to anoint Philadelphia.  they were disappointing in the postseason and didn't do a whole hell of a lot to get better this summer.  i wouldn't rate them ahead of utah or okc right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HookEm said:
4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
Does the East have a top 10 player besides Kawhi? The star power is ridiculously one sided. 

Giannis is top 10 for sure. Kyrie Irving is borderline. So are Embiid and Simmons. Healthy Porzingis is also up there.

off the top of my head:

lebron

kd

a davis

kawhi

steph

harden

giannis

westbrook 

jokic

kat

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Durant ranting:

that sounds *exactly* like me arguing with someone like hayden from years ago. i'm all caught up in my own sense of injustice, and not ready to even hear what the guy is saying, and realize it's for the best. i'd like to think that i've been able to take similar advice since then, so hopefully kd will too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

that sounds *exactly* like me arguing with someone like hayden from years ago. i'm all caught up in my own sense of injustice, and not ready to even hear what the guy is saying, and realize it's for the best. i'd like to think that i've been able to take similar advice since then, so hopefully kd will too.

Well he’s also a professional athlete that really shouldn’t care less about what “everyone” has to say about his decision. I’ve honestly never seen an athlete try to act like he doesn’t care what others think about him, while obviously caring what others think about him. In some ways, it almost humanizes him. 

Well those dudes he's responding to, McCollum and Jones are guys in the business of the NBA and inside the veil.  Improvement?  LOL.  Who cares if KD beefs with dudes on twitter, it's silly but most of the time, he's right.  He probably should be above it but on the things that are interesting in the NBA, it's about the 317th more compelling.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:48 AM, washparkhorn said:

The Western Conference is loaded. Add in LBJ and a Lakers' team who will struggle to make the playoffs plus improvement by the few dogshit teams there are in the West, and the Western Conference Championship will decide the league champion again. There is no end in sight to the Western Conference dominance. Toronto, Philly and Boston have some talent. I was proud SA refused to send Leonard to a Western Conference team, but then they did get a hell of a player in return. Parity is gone between the conferences and may be missing for some time now. The West is in a major arms race. The East will decide who will become the next sacrificial lamb in the Finals.  

GS's regular season will be tougher next year. They have some cracks - as any follower of the NBA Western Conference knows. Durant is in a good place for his style of play and his personality.

The Western Conference teams have to get better every year just to make the playoffs. As a Nuggets fan, I have no problem with the Nuggies taking a flyer on MPJ - who could make them better in a Conference where you must improve or perish. Denver is not going to be a premiere destination for the LBJ or KD's of the world. But we do get the benefits of competing and winning in a strong conference - and good players want to play in the Major Conference to prove their worth. For that, I do thank the Warriors, Rockets, San Antonio, . . .  for making the West where the best want to play. The Nuggets were only 3 games behind the No. 3 seed, Portland, and lost a play-in game with Minnesota in missing the playoffs again this year. With the Lakers' improvement, there are at least 11 teams realistically playing for only  8 playoff spots. For the playoff contenders, every game counts in the regular season. 

KD is playing the best basketball has to offer and is on a team that should win it all again next year - as long as they get through the conference playoffs, which is no guarantee in the West. Dumping games is a problem that has to be solved, but it is unquestionably a way to get back in the fight for the lesser Western Conference teams. For the Eastern Conference teams, they look like they are playing a game better suited for the 1980's NBA. 

We live in interesting times.

I wouldn't sleep on a healthy Celtics team going up against the Warriors in the Finals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You wouldn’t sleep on them making a series go 6 games? Yeah me either. They aren’t winning a series against the warriors. Not a chance. 

We don't know what Cousins is going to give them this year. Shit, the Rockets damn near beat the Warriors this year. I could certainly see a Celtics team with a healthy Irving and Hayward give GS all they can handle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

We don't know what Cousins is going to give them this year. Shit, the Rockets damn near beat the Warriors this year. I could certainly see a Celtics team with a healthy Irving and Hayward give GS all they can handle.

The rockets were also the best offensive team ever (statistically) and were a top 5 defense if I’m not mistaken. You almost have to expect them to regress a little bit, even if they’re clearly the 2nd best team in the league. But when you look at those first two stats at face value, it’s kind of amazing that they didn’t win the title. But GS...even if cousins gives them nothing, will be just fine assuming they’re still motivated. Don’t mean to derail the thread, but c’mon.

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The rockets were also the best offensive team ever (statistically) and were a top 5 defense if I’m not mistaken. You almost have to expect them to regress a little bit, even if they’re clearly the 2nd best team in the league. But when you look at those first two stats at face value, it’s kind of amazing that they didn’t win the title. But GS...even if cousins gives them nothing, will be just fine assuming they’re still motivated. Don’t mean to derail the thread, but c’mon.

If the Warriors remain motivated and Cousins is what he was before Achilles, yes, the Warriors will be heavy favorites. No question. But they had to fight in the WCF this year. The Spurs had them down 25 in Game 1 in Golden State before Zaza ended Kawhi's Spurs career. Boston is only getting better. At any rate, I don't think GS has the cakewalk everybody seems to be giving them on 7/26/2018. We'll see.

Boston's a top 3 team if fully healthy.  Not sure why it would be a surprise to see them in the Finals.  Celtics/Warriors would be a fascinating matchup but you'd have to give the Warriors the edge for this year.  Steph > Kyrie.  Klay > Jaylon Brown.  KD > Hayward.  Green > Tatum.  Horford > Looney/Iggy?  Boogie coming off the bench would probably be better than anything than Celtics could throw at them although I probably like the C's bench a little more overall.  Then you have the experience factor in the Finals.  Tatum and Brown cut their teeth last year, but the Finals is a little different.  Next year Warriors..... but in 2020?  If the C's can keep the group together and Brown and Tatum can continue to develop the way I expect, I wouldn't be surprised if they could overtake them....

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Yeah, I hope eventually he understands it's not about what we as fans or even his opponents think, it's about what makes him happiest...

Heard Chris Mannix on Colin Cowherd today, for what it's worth.  (Not much, I know.)  Said "people" wouldn't be surprised if Durant went back to Okie City after this season.  Said that Durant is keenly aware of what people think of him (definitely true) and feels that if he goes back and wins one in OKC, then it puts him in the modern Pantheon with Bron.  (He'd have 4 rings on two teams, assuming they win one this year and one with OKC.)

Highly doubtful but entertaining nonetheless.  We should know by now that we don't know these guys at all and what they'll do is a total mystery.

7 hours ago, SDG said:

Quit being completely retrarrded.  

I fail to see how posting an article that has no bases upon my own opinion is "redarted", as if say last season someone posted "PG heading to the Lakers is a possibility"...

Image result for retarded gif

But I don't mind, you are free to your opinion, my analysis is that is is about as possible as Durant looking to join up with LeBron, with Kawhi, if he heads to the Lakers as well...

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
8 hours ago, SDG said:
Quit being completely retrarrded.  

It's the only thing OKC fans have to hope for.

Well, actually...

If I chose to just be absolutely ambivalent in nature concerning professional sports in general, I already understand that despite whatever achievements that billion dollar sports franchises of teams in the MLB/ NHL/ NFL, or NBA have in either success or loss, it will have no direct or abstract effect upon my life, whatsoever...

Now college sports, especially teams in southwest, specifically: Kansas/ Oklahoma/ Okie State/ Texas/ Texas Tech/ TCU/ Colorado/ Arizona/ Arizona State/ USC/ UCLA..? 

Well that's a different dogdamn story ya sommabitt.!!

Image result for texas longhorn football fan gif 

Edited by kopp0e

7 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I fail to see how posting an article that has no bases upon my own opinion is "redarted", as if say last season someone posted "PG heading to the Lakers is a possibility"...

Image result for retarded gif

But I don't mind, you are free to your opinion, my analysis is that is is about as possible as Durant looking to join up with LeBron, with Kawhi, if he heads to the Lakers as well...

okc has almost $133 million in guaranteed salary for the 2019-20 season...

On 7/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, for that theory to pan out, KD would have to play for free.

Probably because it's already been addressed...... All you had to do was read 3-4 posts up.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably because it's already been addressed...... All you had to do was read 3-4 posts up.

Personally, I think it's more likely that he moves down the I-5 to team up with LeBron in Los Angeles...

The best thing for his career would be to move to NYC along with Kyrie and maybe Kawhi. Team up with Porzingis and bring the Knicks a title. The east cost media would get on his side and he would be a hero in the most powerful city on earth.

16 minutes ago, HookEm said:

The best thing for his career would be to move to NYC along with Kyrie and maybe Kawhi. Team up with Porzingis and bring the Knicks a title. The east cost media would get on his side and he would be a hero in the most powerful city on earth.

Very doubtful Kyrie goes to NYC.  Washington should be his next move.  Bullets/wizards haven’t won in over 40 years and it’s home.  He can play out the next 2 years and then Wash can maybe get Wall off their books in 3....

On 7/25/2018 at 9:12 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Does the East have a top 10 player besides Kawhi? The star power is ridiculously one sided. 

I believe by the end of the season, Tatum will be in that conversation. That dude is so fucking good. 

10 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I believe by the end of the season, Tatum will be in that conversation. That dude is so fucking good. 

Tatum is one of the reasons I think Boston could challenge Golden State in the Finals this upcoming year...