Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

5280 has negged me three times since my last post, but won’t discuss anything with me like an adult. If we all knew that 5280 was really Steve Johnson from Johnson Plumbing on East Lamar then he wouldn’t behave like this. So he creates a fake internet persona and does it that way instead. And then he rails on KD like he choked a baby on national TV for signing up a sock account for himself. That’s pathetic.

edit: aaannnddd that’s four negs. He’s lucky we don’t ban people for hypocrisy.

Ironically that sounds like something KD would do.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

5280 has negged me three times since my last post, but won’t discuss anything with me like an adult. If we all knew that 5280 was really Steve Johnson from Johnson Plumbing on East Lamar then he wouldn’t behave like this. So he creates a fake internet persona and does it that way instead. And then he rails on KD like he choked a baby on national TV for signing up a sock account for himself. That’s pathetic.

edit: aaannnddd that’s four negs. He’s lucky we don’t ban people for hypocrisy.

If that's really him don't dox him like that. That's not cool my dude. Delete that shit.

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If that's really him don't dox him like that. That's not cool my dude. Delete that shit.

You expect anything less from Derka? He is the biggest hypocrite. He gets his panties in a wad any time someone says anything he doesn't like about his favorite players. And he has the audacity to talk about fake personas? Good fucking lord. How many people received negs from his socks? The least amount of self awareness on here. Speaking on hypocrisy, like for real? He's a fucking joke and always will be. 

And fake personas is a trait KD has as well to defend himself.

• Fuck You 1

First off, what is this Derka sock neg rep spree that you keep talking about? You’ve apparently invented something that never happened and won’t stfu about it. What is this fantastical story you keep crying about?   

Second, I have more self-awareness in my dingleberries than you, the 35 year-old man with 15 sock Facebook accounts where he trolls poor people and then brags about it on Shaggy. You are literally the very last person on this site to say anything about trolls and socks. It’s seriously pathetic.

And finally, do you seriously think I just doxxed 5280? How in the hell would I even know who he is? The entire point of what I’m saying is that he wouldn’t behave this way if I knew who he was. And you believe I just doxxed him? Yes, clearly you do with your latest whiny rant about me. There is no East Lamar, there is no Johnson Plumbing, and apparently there is no common sense anywhere within you. Vic, you continue to be pathetic, and you thrive off of drama. You should be embarrassed about who you are as a person. Truly pathetic.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

First off, what is this Derka sock neg rep spree that you keep talking about? You’ve apparently invented something that never happened and won’t stfu about it. What is this fantastical story you keep crying about?   

Second, I have more self-awareness in my dingleberries than you, the 35 year-old man with 15 sock Facebook accounts where he trolls poor people and then brags about it on Shaggy. You are literally the very last person on this site to say anything about trolls and socks. It’s seriously pathetic.

And finally, do you seriously think I just doxxed 5280? How in the hell would I even know who he is? The entire point of what I’m saying is that he wouldn’t behave this way if I knew who he was. And you believe I just doxxed him? Yes, clearly you do with your latest whiny rant about me. There is no East Lamar, there is no Johnson Plumbing, and apparently there is no common sense anywhere within you. Vic, you continue to be pathetic, and you thrive off of drama. You should be embarrassed about who you are as a person. Truly pathetic.

So do your dingleberries have more common sense than his dingleberries or his whole body?  Please clarify.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Yup.  Luck is only explanation why you've been banned more than anyone else from shaggy.

Man it’s a good thing you don’t have to deal with even a fraction of the criticism that Kevin Durant does. You’d crumble. Using a sock on twitter would be the least of your worries. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

When Kevin Durant moved from Oklahoma City to the Bay Area, he didn't just do it to win a title -- he did it to reap the benefits of the technology investment capital of the world. 

Important word there. Funny article though, as if you can't invest in businesses while living in Oklahoma, or anywhere else in the country. All he did was buddy up with some Bay Area people, who I'm sure are much better options than what's in OKC.

If he's really concerned about making money, then someone should tell him he's still down about $200 million down from what he would have secured by doing the 1+1 with OKC and then re-signing a 5 year supermax with them. He better push for that supermax this year, or no amount of startups in California are gonna cover his lost earnings. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Hahaha... I didn't read the "East Lamar". Plus rep.

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Dude, you’re out of touch. You and slorch should go start a club. KD is a millennial. This is what they do. His social media behavior is SOP for people of his age and profession, you just hear about his more because of his stature. I mean when is the last time he went in Twitter and said something noteworthy? How many times has he done so in total? And yet we sit here talking about it lie it’s a daily occurrence.

As for the second paragraph, you don’t even know what you’re talking abuout. You don’t know the ins, outs, and what have yous of the situation, yet you feel okay judging KD as “not being a man”, like you would be. Come on man.

He posted as another person -- I highly doubt that is normal for his generation.  

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Just come to one of the Surly Houston Happy Hours and hang out. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

I need to. I feel like I never know when they are until after they happened. I will get my grey slacks ready.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

What's your last name? UTDD is such an interesting first name.

Context much?  If you can't see the actual point being implicitly understood by the majority of intelligent people, why bother to respond?  How many people in their late 20s - especially someone that successful -  would go on a fake Twitter account and defend some random post about himself and then "defend" himself that specific way?  Why should he even care about it and more importantly why would be using his time that way?  How many people out of tens of millions in even that demographic age range would actually do that?  That is an entirely different distinction from anyone creating an account and posting under a pseudonym or otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UTDD said:

Context much?  If you can't see the actual point being implicitly understood by the majority of intelligent people, why bother to respond?  How many people in their late 20s - especially someone that successful -  would go on a fake Twitter account and defend some random post about himself and then "defend" himself that specific way?  Why should he even care about it and more importantly why would be using his time that way?  How many people out of tens of millions in even that demographic age range would actually do that?  That is an entirely different distinction from anyone creating an account and posting under a pseudonym or otherwise.

You don’t seem to know anything about millennials. I would wager that a very large portion of people KD’s age have done exactly what he did. 

• Fuck You 1

I am a millennial. The fake account thing was lame. The fake tough guy act is lame. Joining Golden State was lame.

KD is a tremendous player. He’s done great things for UT as an ambassador.

But he’s not particularly likeable right now. I’m not sure if the younger, humble, nice guy was the real KD, or if his new persona is, or if we even know who he really is. But it’s easy to see how non-Longhorns would sour on him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

You don’t seem to know anything about millennials. I would wager that a very large portion of people KD’s age have done exactly what he did. 

We will agree to disagree, I think many people his age do make burner accounts but I don't think they would have gone this far with that specific behavior and especially people in their late 20s (i can totally see this at age 16 but 29-30?  common?  I don't buy it)  that are very financially secure and successful.  

Edited by UTDD

6 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I am a millennial. The fake account thing was lame. The fake tough guy act is lame. Joining Golden State was lame.

But he’s not particularly likeable right now. I’m not sure if the younger, humble, nice guy was the real KD, or if his new persona is, or if we even know who he really is. But it’s easy to see how non-Longhorns would sour on him.

I'll always support any Longhorn absent shameful behavior that harms the university brand, but I can agree with most of this too.

12 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Also easy to see how Longhorn-Longhorns have soured on him.

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Spot on. KD was like Lebron before he went to Miami. And now KD is getting that same treatment when he joined GSW. Except what KD did was much different. But the reaction from fans was the same. Lebron's was more of how he went about announcing it with an hour long program to tell the world.

KD is extremely ornery and mad at the world right now. He knows the respect he had is gone. The only people who respect him are UT alumn (although not all) and Warriors fans.

The whole tough guy act is fucking lame. KD intimidates no one.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

KD is extremely ornery and mad at the world right now. He knows the respect he had is gone. The only people who respect him are UT alumn (although not all) and Warriors fans.

This is not true. Fans like winners and ballers, and they quickly forgave Lebron and KD.

hhsp5befgmi3dacy5mdt

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Jersey sales show that Durant is popular among kids. Kids root for winners and ballers, and kids wear jerseys. Like when I asked for a Shaq jersey for Christmas when I was 12.  

Shaq is one of the greatest players of all time and was popular.

17 hours ago, formermav43 said:

this is where i'm at

KD has always been one to say what he feels.  If he is feeling disrespected he will snap back. This ins't new.  Just the level of criticism has gone up, so the snap back has risen in kind.

I have enjoyed all of the Bill Simmons podcasts with him.  I can see how people would feel he didn't come off in the best light. That is because the population has come to expect their athletes to be humble and say gracious things to the camera, due to all of the PR training that they get starting at a young age.  When a player breaks script, suddenly they are a "villain".

F that.  Honestly I found it refreshing.  Popovich gets surly with the media. I love that too.  Most of the time the media are idiots asking idiotic questions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

KD has always been one to say what he feels.  If he is feeling disrespected he will snap back. This ins't new.  Just the level of criticism has gone up, so the snap back has risen in kind.

I have enjoyed all of the Bill Simmons podcasts with him.  I can see how people would feel he didn't come off in the best light. That is because the population has come to expect their athletes to be humble and say gracious things to the camera, due to all of the PR training that they get starting at a young age.  When a player breaks script, suddenly they are a "villain".

F that.  Honestly I found it refreshing.  Popovich gets surly with the media. I love that too.  Most of the time the media are idiots asking idiotic questions.

Bullshit. He's a borderline court bully now and he's even crossed that line into trying to intimidate refs. The GS culture has had a massively negative impact on him.

19 minutes ago, HookEm said:

This is bullshit. People don't like him because he's a pussy who took the easy way out, and he constantly tries to downplay his move to the best team in the league as if they aren't all that great. This occurs while as a team they claim to be "bored" with the regular season, and only lose games "when they don't care" or whatever. He basically made a video game team through his move in free agency, while intentionally taking a huge paycut (2 years in a row), and wants you to think his life is hard. "we aren't a juggernaut" lol...  Nobody is buying that, even the people who like him can see through those lies and know its all bullshit. 

Furthermore, guys like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Barkley, Malone, etc were all incredible assholes throughout their careers and to this day. Everyone knew it, they didn't try to hide it, and they "broke script" or whatever you want to call it plenty of times. KD is just a weird dude, who says weird things, but wants everyone to like him. It's an odd combo for someone who seems to have so much confidence in the arena, but appears to be a weak minded bitchass off the court.  

25 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

seriously.  what the fuck is a court bully?

Lots of players give shit to the refs, and all of the superstars do it. Personally I wouldn't mind a zero tolerance policy against arguing with referees. I hate seeing players cry to the refs and lobby for calls. Lebron is the master of influencing referees, and as the current rules allow it, it the smart thing for him to do. 

Court bully, tho......lol