Texas vs UIW- 7pm, LHN

shadow_operative

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is a really good passing team. shedrick’s ability to distribute has been a revelation. a lot to like about all of the new faces so far. 

Shedrick looks like he has more game than I thought but it is UIW. 

It does make you wonder if just being in UVA's system limited his abilities. They play a very ugly style of basketball. Shedrick playing in a run-and-gun offense like this after UVA must be hilarious. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Shedrick looks like he has more game than I thought but it is UIW. 

It does make you wonder if just being in UVA's system limited his abilities. They play a very ugly style of basketball. Shedrick playing in a run-and-gun offense like this after UVA must be hilarious. 

I was just about to post a near carbon copy of this. I'm very curious to see if, collectively, this style of play outlasts UIW, and if Shedrick's versatility does as well.

Edited by MuellerHorn

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Need to see against better competition but Abmas showing he will at least give effort on the defensive end. 

Abmas and Hunter were damn good that half defensively. Completely disrupted UIW on the perimeter. 

Yeah, I thought Max was going to be a defensive liability, but so far not so much. My expectations for this team are growing

• Hook 'Em 1

I really think this team has the potential to be better than last year’s team. It is better constructed IMO. The bigs should be a significant upgrade if Disu can come back healthy. And the guards can all score and play defense.

The wildcard will be Mitchell. He was basically a non factor last year. This year he could be an absolute monster. I actually love him playing the 3. He is moving around extremely well and will be a matchup problem at either the 3 or the 4.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

brock’s three ball looking reliable as ever. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Abmas, Hunter and Horton are going to give teams issues. All 3 are capable of going off from 3 on any given night. 

And with Cunningham hitting the three from the four position, you can put some scary lineups out there

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I really think this team has the potential to be better than last year’s team. It is better constructed IMO. 

I think we have the potential to be a lot better offensively. 

Allen, Mitchell, and Disu starting 5 last year was not capable of stretching the court like this team is. 

• Like 1

I loved Timmy, but at times he felt like a tampon in the toilet

Agree 100%. I always felt bad about not liking him being on the floor because he seemed like a great dude. And his stats were decent. But I thought the team played much better with Brock getting his minutes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Agree 100%. I always felt bad about not liking him being on the floor because he seemed like a great dude. And his stats were decent. But I thought the team played much better with Brock getting his minutes.

The big issue was pairing Timmy with Mitchell at the 3 and 4. 

Two non-shooters before even factoring in the 5. Teams win these days by having shooters all over the floor. 

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there aren't 17 better teams than Texas.

I always feel at the beginning of the year and we play crap teams, that we are world beaters. But this team has a lot of balance and talent at all positions. But we’re gonna need somebody to step up and be our Rice, an attitude finisher guy.

Abmas is an even better closer than Rice IMO. He shot ~92% FTs on volume last year (vs. 86% Rice).  He should fill that role exceptionally well.

Also I want to reiterate how great a hire Frank Haith was. I mean really really great hire. He is going to have a tangible impact on the offense this year.  That was a coaching upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1