Michigan at Maryland

gofuckyourself

Just now, ITHorn said:

I can’t wait to see the narrative around this “gutsy road win” where as Texas gets roasted for playing the way Michigan did in the second half. 

built in story playing without harbaugh.  story should be Michigan survives without benefit of Maryland's signs.

I thought it was clearly grounding in real time, but the second angle when the rules analyst was discussing it changed my mind. Bad call. 
I'm sure he was grounding it, but there was a receiver in the area. Total judgement call and total protection of the B1G cfp hopes.

If only there was technology that shows exactly where the ball ended up... you know like tennis that can tell within a fraction at 150 MPH.

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

Michigan is no better team than they were in the playoffs last season. They’ll get blown off the ball by any competent offense l. 

They looked like shit against PSU

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

You guys do realize that Michigan is in the middle of a controversy and their head coach can't be on the sidelines, right?

I'm not saying they are unbeatable, but cmon now. How would we look with Milwee or PK running the show?

You sure you want THIS board to answer that question?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You guys do realize that Michigan is in the middle of a controversy and their head coach can't be on the sidelines, right?

I'm not saying they are unbeatable, but cmon now. How would we look with Milwee or PK running the show?

Am I supposed to feel sorry for them that they cheated and got in trouble? No im not. Fuck Michigan and fuck you

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Am I supposed to feel sorry for them that they cheated and got in trouble? No im not. Fuck Michigan and fuck you

Calm down, champ.

I didn't say you had to feel sorry for them, did I? My point is that their reasons for playing like shit are not the same as our reasons. And should not be used as an excuse. 

And fuck you, right back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually applaud that grounding call, and I wanted Maryland to win. Glad they had a backbone even though it effectively ended the game.

It was obvious grounding to me and it's something that I think should be called more often.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

A controversy? Is that what we are now calling cheating? Give me a break, they knew what they were doing, they knew it was wrong, but they wanted the advantage that it gave them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

A controversy? Is that what we are now calling cheating? Give me a break, they knew what they were doing, they knew it was wrong, but they wanted the advantage that it gave them.

Well since Harbaugh only got a slap on wrist, they don't have to vacate any wins and still get to have a postseason..it's been downgraded. 

And I agree with you.

I actually applaud that grounding call, and I wanted Maryland to win. Glad they had a backbone even though it effectively ended the game.
It was obvious grounding to me and it's something that I think should be called more often.
Obvious grounding, yes...but you gotta give the benefit of a doubt on a shitty throw if a receiver is in the same zip code.

38 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Well since Harbaugh only got a slap on wrist, they don't have to vacate any wins and still get to have a postseason..it's been downgraded. 

And I agree with you.

I’m guessing the ncaa will have something to say about vacating wins. I hope they hung onto the 1,000 win signs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Obvious grounding, yes...but you gotta give the benefit of a doubt on a shitty throw if a receiver is in the same zip code.

What about the benefit to the defense to making a play to force the throw? 

If it were close, I think I can see giving some benefit of the doubt. To me, that wasn't close at all. I dunno if I saw the receiver until after the ball bounced. 

Edit: Looked up the video. This is just after the ball bounced at the 4.5 yard line:

image.thumb.png.8da6fba02c8d8aa7ba442373de9a7854.png

Same time, different angle. Receiver is at the 14 yard line. We're talking 10 yards away.

image.thumb.png.d45c140df055c92d620c619a1e39fbd1.png

Terrible call. I don’t want refs determining games based on how they feel. Either put a designated yardage limit on the call, ie, WR must be within 10 yards of ball, or don’t call it. WR was in the area, QB didn’t put enough on the throw due to pressure, which happens in every single game.