2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

• 2 weeks later...

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-texas-add-former-sec-position-coach-to-support-staff-keynodo-hudson-ole-miss-usc

Former Ole Miss cornerbacks coach Keynodo Hudson is expected to join the Texas staff as an analyst, sources confirmed to FootballScoop on Tuesday. Inside Texas first reported Hudson's hiring; Hudson was seen working with the Longhorn defensive backs during the first week of UT's spring practices.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks for posting this. Because the football board is AIDs. 

Gerry just brought up an interesting point I didn't immediately catch.....Baker is also working pass rush with the edges. Wonder if PK will be focused more macro level of defense and not so much edges like years past? 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's a fair point. What do we want to move onto as a metaphor, maybe it's just a fucking lepar colony? Leprosy is making a comeback in Florida, I hear. 

I like the football board. There's a wider span of humans there and a lot more chaos. This board has almost become too curated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry just brought up an interesting point I didn't immediately catch.....Baker is also working pass rush with the edges. Wonder if PK will be focused more macro level of defense and not so much edges like years past? 

Wasnt one of Bo's gripes was he wanted to coach the whole line. And his way?  

Idk if that ever happened. But kinda funny the new guy gets the whole line for at least pass rush. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like the football board. There's a wider span of humans there and a lot more chaos. This board has almost become too curated. 

About as appropriate as Gifs get:
UnimportantMixedAntelopegroundsquirrel-s

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Wasnt one of Bo's gripes was he wanted to coach the whole line. And his way?  

Idk if that ever happened. But kinda funny the new guy gets the whole line for at least pass rush. 

I think his primary gripe was about his guys having to occupy blockers instead of attacking, and we already changed that the last couple years. I don’t remember him wanting to coach edge/OLB, and LSU has a dedicated edge rushers coach so that’s not part of why he left. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You could always unblock futureman and spider2ybanana if you're feeling froggy. Or stab yourself in the dick with an icepick.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Year one Bo was unhappy with how the DTs were being used and wanted to coach the whole line. Once the DTs were allowed to be more active and penetrate more the whole line became less of an issue.

I like the returns on Coach Baker so far. Really good energy. Need a coach to bring the juice since PK is more laid back. Baker and Nansen are high energy guys. If Baker gets a guy or two drafted he is going to kill it recruiting.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Year one Bo was unhappy with how the DTs were being used and wanted to coach the whole line. Once the DTs were allowed to be more active and penetrate more the whole line became less of an issue.

I like the returns on Coach Baker so far. Really good energy. Need a coach to bring the juice since PK is more laid back. Baker and Nansen are high energy guys. If Baker gets a guy or two drafted he is going to kill it recruiting.  

I know you've mentioned in the past that your connection to the program is (was) through Davis and the assistant DL coaches. Are any of those guys still around? 

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

PK is still working with the edges a good bit but he seems to be able to hand him off for a few periods here and there. Baker has experience coaching the whole group too.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:14 PM, TexEx15 said:

Cross posted for those that do not venture to the Football board.

I can't help but trust Sark's judgement on assistants. Too many homeruns and I'm HAPPILY pretending the Stoops thing never happened. I love the energy and teaching techniques (as opposed to just screaming in a kid's face, which passes for "coaching" at WAY too many places). But most of all, I liked seeing take a stab a developing Broughton's enomous latent potential. If he even partly succeeeds, I'll be a very gruntled guy and Broughton might be drawing an NFL paycheck nexy year as a UFA. Hopefully, he can get Collins to take the next step too. Because, if so, our DL could be almost as filthy as last year but better at pass rushing... 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...