Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Helobious

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Looks stupid in the most badass way. Can’t wait. 

Which is exactly what I want for my monster movies.

Popcorn, an icee and giant fucking monsters destroying shit and fighting each other

Excited Lets Go GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

There’s another godzilla-like one that they haven’t shown in the previews yet. Apparently the ancient most alpha titan or something

You can see the hints of this at the 1:54 mark of that trailer...

• 4 weeks later...

This hits close to home for me. When I was a kid the local Methodist Church in their questionable wisdom anointed me and a couple of my junior high buddies to be camera operators to serve literally dozens of nursing home patients and other shut ins. Even at a young age we quickly figured out when the preacher would be moving around and when we could lock the cameral and switch the monitor to either Mid South wrasslin' out of Lake Charles (Ric Flair, Junkyard Dog, Free Birds, et al) or the channel 13 Million Dollar Movie out of Houston. Tough call but if the Million Dollar Movie was a Godzilla it was Godzilla hands down.

The only problem was we'd get so enraptured with Mid South wrasslin' or Godzilla we'd forget to unlock the camera after the sermon and the preacher started moving around again. Drew literally dozens of complaints if the local cable company was to be trusted

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this tonight. Read some Reddit reviews from people in Asia thatve seen it already a day ahead, pretty positive across the board. Sounds like it’s over the top stupid/ridiculous, which I’m totally in for.

Pretty much everything you’d expect. I’m going to see it a couple more times

Spoiler

This one had some badass moments. Godzilla suplexing Kong was epic as fuck. 

I do think Godzilla vs Kong was a better/more fun movie. This one had a lot going on. It also takes place a lot in the hollow earth, which really makes you lose the sense of scale for the monsters.