Texas @ Marquette- Wednesday, 7pm on FS1

shadow_operative

Dribble drive hand off is the worst man offense on the planet and of course we run it. The main thing about RT I was worried about wasn’t recruiting but this right here. His offense is horrible. Not much you can do about a kid catching fire like kolek, but that’s the difference in kolek and abmas, one is a streaky chucker and the other is a basketball scorer that can shoot the rock. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dribble drive hand off is the worst man offense on the planet and of course we run it. The main thing about RT I was worried about wasn’t recruiting but this right here. His offense is horrible. Not much you can do about a kid catching fire like kolek, but that’s the difference in kolek and abmas, one is a streaky chucker and the other is a basketball scorer that can shoot the rock. 

I thought Haith was the offensive guru?

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Hunter is again an incredible disappointment on both ends of the court. I'd hoped he'd finally come around at the end of last season, but no sign of it here. 

I thought Hunter was playing great on both ends at the end of the year; but night and day from this year. This is the guy who was Big XII freshman of the year at Iowa State… what happened?

Edited by BigTEAMLittleme

6 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

What’s he going to do to get there? He’s 6’, they don’t need to touch him to contest his shots 

last three years he’s averaged 5.5, 4.7, and 5.1 FTA. he’s down to 1.6 this year. he’s not even trying to get to the rim and:or get fouled. he’s like 23 years old too. he can get fouled if he tries to.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BigTEAMLittleme said:

I thought Hunter was playing great on both ends at the end of the year; but night and day from this year. This is the guy who was freshman of the year at Iowa State… what happened?

I don’t think he and Abmas are a good fit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Hunter is again an incredible disappointment on both ends of the court. I'd hoped he'd finally come around at the end of last season, but no sign of it here. 

he pops every now and then to take a catch and shoot jumper, and other than that i generally don’t even know if he’s on the floor or not. very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Mega usage at a mid major will get anyone more FTs

javan felix managed to get to the line 1.9 times per game. there is zero excuse for max abmas, having the ball in his hands for what feels like 40 minutes every game, shouldn’t be able to outpace javan f’ing felix at the FT line.

4 minutes ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

I thought Hunter was playing great on both ends at the end of the year; but night and day from this year. This is the guy who was Big XII freshman of the year at Iowa State… what happened?

Hunter only 9 minutes so far in this game due to picking up the 2 fouls but he has continued his disappearing act again this year.

Typically becomes more active in the second half, hopefully he will get it going yet this year.

Just now, SameSame said:

We’re not where we want, but let’s not act like Marquette doesn’t have a good squad.  If they’re hot like like that on the perimeter, they can play with anyone.

they are 38% from three.

Calm down everybody.  There's another half.  Remember last year when it took us a while to gel with all the new players?  This game means very little apart from our desire to kick Shaka.  Our players are going to be a whole lot better come March.  

Edited by cafe society
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We will be limited with Abmas but it's the best the portal could provide and could have been much worse.  

Weaver has shown great athleticism but he needs to be more under control. 

Team desperately needs Disu back. 

I have faith Hunter will get better as season progresses. 

1 minute ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Hunter only 9 minutes so far in this game due to picking up the 2 fouls but he has continued his disappearing act again this year.

Typically becomes more active in the second half, hopefully he will get it going yet this year.

they are 38% from three.

Talking about the stretches where the damage is done.

• Hook 'Em 1

People don’t like to give him credit but Marquette is a legit top 10 team. 

We don’t have Disu back. 

I had this down as a loss before the season started, so while I’m disappointed at this performance, I’m not surprised or angry. 

Terry is here 3 more years at minimum so…

• Hook 'Em 1