Texas @ Marquette- Wednesday, 7pm on FS1

shadow_operative

either team could win by 20 and it wouldn’t surprise me; either team could win by one and it wouldn’t surprise me; but only one of these teams can get a 20 point lead and then lose by one without it surprising me (lol shakablah!). other than that, i wouldn’t try to handicap this game with randy marsh’s wheelchair. could be a wild one tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

either team could win by 20 and it wouldn’t surprise me; either team could win by one and it wouldn’t surprise me; but only one of these teams can get a 20 point lead and then lose by one without it surprising me (lol shakablah!). other than that, i wouldn’t try to handicap this game with randy marsh’s wheelchair. could be a wild one tonight. 

True to Shaka's MO I notice that Marquette is 49th in 3P attempts (~26 per game) and 229th in 3P% (31%). If they shoots lights out, we're probably fucked playing in front of what should be a rowdy crowd. But to Derka's point, even a 20 point Marquette lead can disappear if they just keep jacking up ill-advised shots. Here's hoping he rolls out his Abilene Christian game plan tonight. 

19 minutes ago, MrX said:

Fuck it. I’m on Texas +8. 

I'm probably with you for a smallish bet. But if we fall down by say 10 at the half or early second, I'll be all over a Texas to win straight up in game bet. Shaka used to love blowing first half leads at home when he was at Texas, and I see no reason why his current team isnt capable of the same. They seem to be as shitty at jacking up poor three's as I remember his Texas squads being. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’ve had this down as a loss since it came out. I hope to be wrong. 

i have a feeling that we need to go all BMW on offense to win tonight. marquette is better than we are, at least thus far. we’re still integrating new players and going without maybe our best player, and we’re playing a really good team full of vets with no new pieces from last year. and we’re stepping into a very hostile environment. the eight point spread is deserved.

it’ll probably be a game where each team goes on a few runs. the only other thing besides shooting that can really help us is rebounding. they don’t crash the glass on offense so we need to dominate the defensive boards. if they’re getting second and third shots then we’re done.

Edited by shadow_operative