Texas @ Marquette- Wednesday, 7pm on FS1

shadow_operative

41 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Yeah, maybe I don’t understand the context of why you would say this but it’s a pretty serious thing to just throw out on a message board. His alleged hatred apparently did not extend to Augie who I know for a fact really liked Shaka and considered him a friend. He even was a requested speaker at his funeral.   I kind of find what you are saying a bit much but I’d suggest just leaving it at he was not that great of a coach while he was here. 

the context is that people keep repeating over and over that shaka is this particularly wonderful man, and he’s not. now, i put what i said in spoilers, and i bent over backwards to repeat that what i was saying was secondhand information from sources who i trust, and that it’s not necessarily a fact, but that this idea about him has legs for a reason. 

i, and many other people here with connections, have been sharing secondhand info like this for more than a decade around here, and it’s never been a problem before. suddenly when the post is a hot button topic like race everyone is scrambling to clutch their pearls and distance themselves from this info. it’s seriously not even remotely as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. at this point it’s an internet rumor that’s buried deep within a texas basketball thread in a minuscule corner or the internet. everything is going to be ok. you all are overreacting to this.

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just find it weird how the media talks of Smart as if he is some great coach and not a complete letdown in the exact same way every year. It's bizarre.

Cmon, every great coach loses to Abilene Christian in tournament.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the context is that people keep repeating over and over that shaka is this particularly wonderful man, and he’s not. now, i put what i said in spoilers, and i bent over backwards to repeat that what i was saying was secondhand information from sources who i trust, and that it’s not necessarily a fact, but that this idea about him has legs for a reason. 

i, and many other people here with connections, have been sharing secondhand info like this for more than a decade around here, and it’s never been a problem before. suddenly when the post is a hot button topic like race everyone is scrambling to clutch their pearls and distance themselves from this info. it’s seriously not even remotely as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. at this point it’s an internet rumor that’s buried deep within a texas basketball thread in a minuscule corner or the internet. everything is going to be ok. you all are overreacting to this.

Shaka caused the University of Texas to lose an NCAA Tournament game to Abilene Christian. I don't give a holy fuck if the son of a bitch is a damn saint, he should have been banned from the sport of basketball for such a disgrace. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, pancho- you were there when a bunch of your homeboys shoulder checked me and then surrounded me at disch falk field, trying to get me to hit one of them so that they could jump me. you were *right there*, and you didn’t seem to have any worries about those guys and their insanely unhealthy obsession with me. in fact someone near where you were standing (you?) was even taking photos. you were just going to watch me get jumped had i decided to make a move, all because of one line that i said to a guy on shaggy. you didn’t intervene then, and when i finally brought it up on the boards you didn’t admonish your friends for their psycho behavior. but now i pass along some info that shaka allegedly doesn’t really like white people and now you’re worried for my health? come on man, stop it. that shit is patronizing and unfounded. just ridiculous really.

Me? I 100% do not believe I’ve met or seen you in real life. 

I mean, thanks to the photos posted here, I would recognize you now…

Shaka caused the University of Texas to lose an NCAA Tournament game to Abilene Christian. I don't give a holy fuck if the son of a bitch is a damn saint, he should have been banned from the sport of basketball for such a disgrace. 

He did that with two nba big men on the roster
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Me? I 100% do not believe I’ve met or seen you in real life. 

I mean, thanks to the photos posted here, I would recognize you now…

you were at the shoulder check thing. you watched it happen.i walked up to you after and asked you, “what the hell was that?” you just shrugged. that’s the extent of our meeting. 

edit: and if that wasn’t you then i’ve been under the impression it was all this time. you were there, yes?

Edited by shadow_operative

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you were at the shoulder check thing. you watched it happen.i walked up to you after and asked you, “what the hell was that?” you just shrugged. that’s the extent of our meeting. 

edit: and if that wasn’t you then i’ve been under the impression it was all this time. you were there, yes?

I never regularly tailgated for baseball, only during post-season. I think you’re confusing me with someone else

On 12/7/2023 at 2:27 AM, shadow_operative said:

i’ve posted this here once before, and only once, and for good reason. but ima go ahead and post it one more time, because i straight up don’t like shaka and because i’ve seen enough evidence to at believe that this is at least plausible, if not probable:

Hide contents

i’ve heard from a good source- and a look at his recruiting classes and minutes distribution could support this- that shaka doesn’t like/essentially resents white people, and avoids recruiting white players whenever he can. obviously this is conjecture; obviously this is a fairly serious accusation as far as personal character goes; that said, the people i’ve spoken to make a pretty compelling case, and frankly, so does the LHN tape from his time here. plenty of video of him hanging out with the black players and damn near tucking their grown asses into bed; literally zero video of him hanging out with the white guys. then you have will baker as the only white player he recruited while at texas, a five star from his own backyard. im just saying- it’s at minimum plausible.

again, this is conjecture. i guess my main point would be that 99% of successful college basketball coaches are slime balls, and the rush to crown shaka as this exemplary human being really really REALLY irks me based on factual shit that i’ve posted here several times, along with this anti-white people conjecture which appears to be totally plausible. i’m not imploring you to hate the guy- but i am imploring people to stop sanctifying this guy when he’s as morally ambiguous as the next cbb coach. 

So he hates his white mother, the woman who raised him alone after his father left them?

Checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Vincefanity said:

So he hates his white mother, the woman who raised him alone after his father left them?

Checks out.

His mom came to numerous games as well as his intro PC and was very black.  But this whole convo is so stupid.  He doesn't hate white people.  Thats ludicrous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

His mom came to numerous games as well as his intro PC and was very black.  But this whole convo is so stupid.  He doesn't hate white people.  Thats ludicrous.  

Are you sure that's not his mother in law?  I've seen it referenced multiple places that his father is black and his mother is white.

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/shaka-smart-wreaking-havoc-college-basketball/
"Shaka's mother somehow managed to fill both parental roles, and her father, Walter King, became a pivotal patriarchal figure. Monica King had a knack for flooding each son with enough attention to make him feel like an only child, even as she worked dual jobs. King, who is white, sought opportunities for Smart to immerse himself in the black community, doing her best to unearth culture in small-town, middle America. She wanted him to know his background, figuring a shielding of his identity would lead to a crisis later in life."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2011/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=6276122
"There has been much to fight and much to prove in Smart's life.

Born to an African-American father and a white mother, he was too black for some in his hometown of Oregon, Wis.; too white for others."

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

I never regularly tailgated for baseball, only during post-season. I think you’re confusing me with someone else

this was during the postseason. it was at the supers. you were there. i knew it was you from a)photos and videos of you on shaggy from some colorado (?) away game, and b)because i was told it was you. it shouldn’t be very hard to remember being there when a bunch of your drunken idiot shaggy buddies tried to jump me. you were there dude. it’s all good now, but yeah, that shit happened. 

btw, i had a HS coach (black guy) who ended working at mine/my mom’s school for 20 years, a nearly all white school. my mom and he shared an office, and became very very close. nobody at the school would have ever guessed in a million years, but this guy resented white people.

if you want to picture it it was very much like the key and peels obama skit, only not a joke and actually pretty deep. this guy had a deep distrust and distaste for white people that stemmed from his childhood in small town east texas. he loves my mom- love love loves her with all his heart. but she was the execration.

he never openly railed against white people. you wouldn’t have ever known it by just observing him. that said the man absolutely resented white people, and 100% preferred to work with and be around black people. and believe it or not, his story is not at all uncommon. there’s a million other black folks just like him. shaka is allegedly one of them. it doesn’t mean he’s a hardcore, anti-white racist (if it’s true).  it if you asked his former players at Texas if he had a preference, indimt think there’s any doubt that they would tell you that he did. there’s nuance there. it’s not all black and white, pun intended.

4 minutes ago, Vincefanity said:

You said a guy whose mother is white hates white people.

no, no i didn’t. that’s your own warped version of what i said. i said that he is rumored to resent white people, and that he prefers to work with and coach black men. i know that the idea of a black man being distrusting of white people is just *shocking* to a site full of white people who’ve never actually known any black people, but believe it or not it’s actually pretty damn common.

next time, on episode one million of “shaggy takes something derka says, changes it to something else, then gets mad at him for their own warped version of reality”…

what’s funny is that if this site were 98% black as opposed to 98% white and i posted, “hey this black guy is distrusting and resentful of white people” the response would be, “no shit, who ain’t?” 😂 not all of this pearl clutching and disbelief.

This race angle, whether true or not, isn't a good look. For you, the basketball forum, or Surly as a whole.

Shaka's gone. We're all glad for it, and Texas hoops has definitely been better for it. And while it's great fun to point and laugh at his (inevitable) disappointments, the gossip you posted kind of crosses a line, in my view.

Yes, this site is full of unsubstantiated rumors and second-hand accounts, but what you're alleging is especially incendiary. Maybe it's true, hopefully it's not. I just don't care.

Shaka is a fantastic recruiter and distributor of empty motivational maxims. He's got bubkiss for a basketball mind, however, and any tactical acumen or fundamental prowess his teams exhibit is the result of his assistants.

Isn't it enough to know that? Do we really need to add anything more to indict his abilities as a coach?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

sure, that’s enough for me, which is why my post didn’t come out of nowhere. it was in response to the 50th proclamation of shaka’s singular awesomeness as a human being, a take on the man that really grinds my gears considering that it’s just not true. 

should i have posted what i did? probably not (because of the pearl clutching and overreaction, not because it’s the insanely heinous accusation its being made out to be), but i did, and it’s done. i don’t care to keep hammering home the point, but if other people are going to misquote me and accuse me of saying something way more serious than what i actually said, then im perfectly in line to respond to that and clear it up. 

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this was during the postseason. it was at the supers. you were there. i knew it was you from a)photos and videos of you on shaggy from some colorado (?) away game, and b)because i was told it was you. it shouldn’t be very hard to remember being there when a bunch of your drunken idiot shaggy buddies tried to jump me. you were there dude. it’s all good now, but yeah, that shit happened. 

It sounds like you talked some shit, got called on it in person, backed down, and now you're a poor victim.

I doubt a group of grown men were going to assault you in public and go to jail over Internet beef.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

btw, i had a HS coach (black guy) who ended working at mine/my mom’s school for 20 years, a nearly all white school. my mom and he shared an office, and became very very close. nobody at the school would have ever guessed in a million years, but this guy resented white people.

if you want to picture it it was very much like the key and peels obama skit, only not a joke and actually pretty deep. this guy had a deep distrust and distaste for white people that stemmed from his childhood in small town east texas.

It's somehow surprising to you that Black people in the United States of America might have a deep distrust of white people?!?!?!

Breaking news: the Natives are a little wary of the whites too!

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

no, no i didn’t. that’s your own warped version of what i said. i said that he is rumored to resent white people, and that he prefers to work with and coach black men. i know that the idea of a black man being distrusting of white people is just *shocking* to a site full of white people who’ve never actually known any black people, but believe it or not it’s actually pretty damn common.

next time, on episode one million of “shaggy takes something derka says, changes it to something else, then gets mad at him for their own warped version of reality”…

Okay. Not that he hates white people, but that he resents them. Much better lol.

And that he distrusts white people. Which would make sense because it was his white mother who claimed she was going back to her home country for 2 weeks only to not be heard from for 8 years, only to return home and criticize his priorities before leaving again for good.

Oh wait no, that was his black dad while his white mom raised him and his brother alone.

I’d have no problem with you saying a black man distrusts white people if there were any shred of evidence of that. Heck, even resents them if there was evidence of that. The reality doesn’t meet your twisted fantasy though. He’s coached some pretty good white players both at Texas and now at Marquette. Maybe he doesn’t resent the ones that can put the ball through a hoop? Just selective resentment and distrust?

13 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Wow, just now seeing this.... 

This is pretty low even for you.  Every year you come out with some new trumped up reason to justify your hate for Smart, all while simultaneously claiming you don't hate him.  I wonder what next year's new Shaka Smart anecdote will be.  

really useful thread bump there guy. also that’s some really rock solid evidence that i hate the guy. one anecdote a year? the horror!!!! i can guarantee you that you hate me 100x more than i hate shaka. what is the perpetually repeated idea that he’s some saintly man who we all should revere and root for.

"Oh no, people don't realize Shaka is the devil. Well I've got news for them. He plays mental games with is players, and he told reporters Demarcus Hollands grandmother died and he hates white people.  That should do it. Now they'll know what type of devil we were dealing with."

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:00 PM, Vincefanity said:

I’d have no problem with you saying a black man distrusts white people if there were any shred of evidence of that. Heck, even resents them if there was evidence of that. The reality doesn’t meet your twisted fantasy though.

yeah i shouldn’t have brought it up, i’ve said as much. i was drunk, and i was tired of hearing people extol the virtues of shaka’s sainthood. that said, i can’t exactly give all of the nitty gritty details without betraying my sources, can i? all i can really point to is what i already said- he recruited one single white guy in six seasons at Texas, and the way he treated his black players was wildly different than the way he did his white players, as we all saw on the LHN. 

you don’t have to believe me, and you can dislike what i’ve said all you want, but this stuff comes from direct sources who were in his program at Texas, some of the same sources who’ve given me who-knows-how-much info which i’ve shared here countless times throughout the years. so disagree with it, get mad it, rage against the machine all you want,  but don’t sit here and tell me that i’m just making shit up out of thin air simply because you don’t like what i said. if you’ve never questioned shit that i’ve revealed here on the board before, don’t start accusing me of just making shit up now.

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

"Oh no, people don't realize Shaka is the devil. Well I've got news for them. He plays mental games with is players, and he told reporters Demarcus Hollands grandmother died and he hates white people.  That should do it. Now they'll know what type of devil we were dealing with."

he does play fucked up mind games with his players heads, he did bench his team captain and then went against holland’s direct wishes by sharing holland’s personal family info with the media, all as an excuse to bench holland (seriously that’s human piece of shit behavior, jeff fisher behavior- holland would have been within his rights to beat shaka’s ass), and yeah, according to people who know him he resents and distrusts white people and largely avoids recruiting white kids. he’s a pipe hitting member of the tribe. did you have some fucking point in repeating what i’ve said? jesus you’re just as immature as you claim i am.

also thanks for outing demarcus holland just now, that was really upstanding of you. what a great guy you are for that one. way to prove you’re a i’ve it all. 

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he does play fucked up mind games with his players heads, he did bench his team captain and then went against holland’s direct wishes by sharing holland’s personal family info with the media, all as an excuse to bench holland (seriously that’s human piece of shit behavior, jeff fisher behavior- holland would have been within his rights to beat shaka’s ass), and yeah, according to people who know him he resents and distrusts white people and largely avoids recruiting white kids. he’s a pipe hitting member of the tribe. did you have some fucking point in repeating what i’ve said? jesus you’re just as immature as you claim i am.

also thanks for outing demarcus holland just now, that was really upstanding of you. what a great guy you are for that one. way to prove you’re a i’ve it all. 

Sounded like he outed Shaka not Holland

Also, this guy has been with Shaka for over 5 years:

image.png.e2bc70cc29982270bf083865f1b872db.png

As you can see, this guy is like Mitch Trubiskey white.  You'd think Shaka would've replaced him at some point?  He also has three honk...I mean Caucasian Americans on his current roster.  IDK.  Lots of coaches have majority black rosters.

Edited by closetohumping

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah i shouldn’t have brought it up, i’ve said as much. i was drunk, and i was tired of hearing people extol the virtues of shaka’s sainthood. that said, i can’t exactly give all of the nitty gritty details without betraying my sources, can i? all i can really point to is what i already said- he recruited one single white guy in six seasons at Texas, and the way he treated his black players was wildly different than the way he did his white players, as we all saw on the LHN. 

you don’t have to believe me, and you can dislike what i’ve said all you want, but this stuff comes from direct sources who were in his program at Texas, some of the same sources who’ve given me who-knows-how-much info which i’ve shared here countless times throughout the years. so disagree with it, get mad it, rage against the machine all you want,  but don’t sit here and tell me that i’m just making shit up out of thin air simply because you don’t like what i said. if you’ve never questioned shit that i’ve revealed here on the board before, don’t start accusing me of just making shit up now.

I guess Brock Cunningham, Dylan Osetkowski, Will Baker = one white guy. Not to mention the guys who turned him down. It's interesting to see the vulnerabilities and fragility that comes into play when some white people deal with a black person in authority. Suddenly the paranoia about said black person's actions relative to race come under close scrutiny. It's probably akin to the same sort of psychological mechanism that causes some white people to comment repeatedly and take notice when they're the only white person in a room. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

You've said his name repeatedly before. Do you even keep up with all of your "Shaka is evil" takes? 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Sounded like he outed Shaka not Holland

i have kept Holland’s name out of this on purpose, only referring to him as “a senior leader” or some such. catdaddy took it upon himself to name holland, putting both his and my business in the streets. this, after this retard decided that it was a good idea to bump a dead thread just to start a fight with me over some shit that i’ve already publicly acknowledged that i shouldn’t have posted and apologized for.

@Catdaddyhorn you’re a piece of shit dude. bumping this thread to start some shit and then outing holland are absolute piece of shit moves. pat yourself on the back for all of the super mature decisions you’ve made here today. just well done all around. 👏 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You've said his name repeatedly before. Do you even keep up with all of your "Shaka is evil" takes? 

no the fuck i haven’t, which is why you don’t see his name in any of my posts before today. 

but hey, thanks again for deciding to bump this thread just to out him and to start a fight with me. you’re a real fucking bastion of maturity and self control. 

You've said his name before. I'll let someone else go search for it, but I had no way of knowing who it was other than YOU saying it. 

oh yeah for sure, you, mister “i’m sooooo connected with the dfw basketball scene” and a hardcore Texas hoops fan just had absolutely no way of connecting the dots without me just spelling it out for you. you’re fucking high. and you’re an asshole too. 

The only new take is your Shaka hates white people, which you decided you unveil this year.

i’ve actually pm’d several people on this forum about it for years, people who i trust. i’ve given those people more details than what i’ve posted here, for obvious reasons. 

and again, i have not only never said that he *hates* white people, something that you all keep repeating ad nausem, but i’ve chosen my words pretty fucking carefully to avoid any idea that that’s what i was saying. you’re so goddamn self-righteous that you don’t even give a shit about that fact. you’re going to run with the hatred angle and nothing is going to stop you. you don’t give a shit about what i’ve actually said, just your own warped, butthurt version of it.

4 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I live in Houston. What the hell do I have to do with the DFW scene?

i’m not your personal biographer bro, I don’t know what your exact connections are, only that you have posted more about high school basketball and AAU in the DFW than literally every single other poster on this board combined, repeatedly making references to people and teams that you are familiar with throughout the years. 

when you woke up today and decided that it would be a good idea to bump a dead thread for the sole purpose of getting into this retarded back-and-forth with me, did you think that that was a good idea? or did any part of you think that rising above my standard would have been a better idea? you’re just as fucking pathetic as i am, you just don’t have the self awareness to realize it. 

I have respect for you as a Basketball poster. However, I now think that you’re a piece of shit as a person. Your behavior today is absolutely no better than my behavior on my worst day. So whatever you think of me going forward, just know that you are 0% better than I am. 

the decision to bump this thread and engage in this fight when it had died. wow. you need jesus motherfucker. i’m fucked in the head. what’s your excuse?

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

There's nothing more predictable than a white person claiming a black person in an authoritative position just so happens to hate or resent white people. It's a default setting for some that or believing said black person is dumb. 

right, because everything about me says that i have issues with black people in authority. do you know a single fucking thing about me? do you know how patently fucking stupid of an assertion that is? 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

right, because everything about me says that i have issues with black people in authority. do you know a single fucking thing about me? do you know how patently fucking stupid of an assertion that is? 

Oh yeah, I forgot you grew up in Plugerville so you know all about black people. Believe me Ive seen your insipid takes on black people over the years and held my tongue. But not today motherfucker, Ive got time. Bitchass mutherfucker. 

• Fuck You 1