2024 Houston Texans off-season thread

The Earl of Texas

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The Texans front office gets a little grace after last year, but trading up to get a USC defender seems curious. Granted, I don’t know shit about fuck regarding the player.

He should be well conditioned…

Depending on the free fall, the two 4ths could’ve been turned into a third for JT Sanders or the edge from HBU. They must really like Bullock to think someone was going to jump them in the 8 picks before to steal a safety built like a corner who played on a bad USC defense. 

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Did they really need to give up their better fourth rounder to move up 8 spots to get him?

Per the charts, the Texans gave up 208 points for a pick worth 200 points so not egregious. 

Let’s face it. We are at the point of the draft where we know fuck all about the players. I’m going to trust the Texans draft team on this one. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

He'll be pretty good. He has needed to gain weight since high school. He looks for big hits but doesn't wrap up and gets run over some but he has length and athleticism.  He is kind of like Watts but plays safety.

Edited by Bevo

I love the fisher pick. Good chance he would have been something like OT4 next year and would have been a first. Now you get to develop him in the league a year early while adding playable depth 

I like the bullock pick in a vacuum, but I don’t love trading a 4th to move up 8 spots at the end of the third 

Lassiter is fine if he’s playing only nickel. This was a loaded nickel class, and Houston picked him other several others. I do wonder how they felt about DeJean and Kool-Aid as nickels, who went right before 

After the two DB picks, I wonder if they’re still looking for a starting safety in free agency (Simmons), or if they’d rather just develop these guys 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We could have gotten Wingo with pick 189 but traded to Lions. Don’t get that.

I thought the same thing. I guess they don’t like him or have other plans

Edited by TonyTexas

Hey a defensive tackle!!

Expect we’ll use some of that cap $$ on a veteran one year deal, maybe one of the remaining FAs or a low-level trade. Calais Campbell might not retire and William Gholston is still out there, those are solid rotation pieces.

Edited by Ignatius

39 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

And that’s a wrap. Seems like a depth draft. Don’t see many, if any, immediate starters in this group. 

I’ll be disappointed if Lassiter isn’t a starter by the end of the year (I don’t expect any 2nd rounder to start out of camp). I’m hopeful on Bullock, and if Fisher can show enough at RT to slide Tytus inside, that really shores up our OL. Patterson and Scruggs taking the next step in year 2 is going to be critical; one of them has to be the starter at C, and the other a heavy rotation piece if not a starter at G…

18 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I’ll be disappointed if Lassiter isn’t a starter by the end of the year (I don’t expect any 2nd rounder to start out of camp). I’m hopeful on Bullock, and if Fisher can show enough at RT to slide Tytus inside, that really shores up our OL. Patterson and Scruggs taking the next step in year 2 is going to be critical; one of them has to be the starter at C, and the other a heavy rotation piece if not a starter at G…

Tytus is terrible at G. Caserio acknowledged that in his press conference last night. Fisher is just a depth piece and possible replacement for Tytus after this season.