2024 Houston Texans off-season thread

The Earl of Texas

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Edit: They play the Chiefs on Saturday, December 21. Tough stretch towards the end of the season. 

Fuck!! KC and Baltimore back to back with just 5 days rest sucks. Also, we aren’t getting the Cowboys on Thanksgiving which sucks ass.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Fuck!! KC and Baltimore back to back with just 5 days rest sucks. Also, we aren’t getting the Cowboys on Thanksgiving which sucks ass.

Plus I wouldn’t be surprised if that KC road game is in prime time. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Nfl sticking it texans . Brutal end of season. Curious if that's ever happened before. Team plays 2 division Champs and wild card in 11 days

It’s a brutal stretch, but given the choice I’d rather play that stretch at the end of the year than the beginning. Talk about controlling your playoff destiny…

6 minutes ago, Updawg said:

True. I hope the team is ready to make that big of a step

Just win the division I hope then move on

I am a full on believer in CJ Stroud. He has all the physical tools but I believe the mental side is what makes him special. I've never been more impressed or confident in a player after one season in my life. Assuming he stays healthy, this season is going to be fucking NUTS. Can't wait. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The first case schedule means you really need to cake care of the divisional games, unless you're ready to beat the other returning #1s at a high clip

That 3 game stretch at the end of the season is rough. Need to go into that stretch with a comfortable lead in the division to where going 2-2 over the last four still wins it for you

On 5/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, TonyTexas said:

Edit: They play the Chiefs on Saturday, December 21. Tough stretch towards the end of the season. 

Yeah, and if Longhorns don't win SEC, then they might also be playing on Dec 21st 

IMG_20240521_180643_kindlephoto-9927358.thumb.jpg.1f5df560760607d9d252ed69bf209627.jpg

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's what it looks like:

Cap and trade was damn close. He had it at 3/$74.25M with $54M guaranteed. It came in at 3/$72.75M with $52M guaranteed. Regardless, I’m happy,  particularly with the absurdity of some of the recent WR contracts. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Cap and trade was damn close. He had it at 3/$74.25M with $54M guaranteed. It came in at 3/$72.75M with $52M guaranteed. Regardless, I’m happy,  particularly with the absurdity of some of the recent WR contracts. 

Great value and the length of the deal is perfect too when factoring our cap situation going forward. Wasn’t expecting to have Nico signed long term this offseason. The Texans are the best run team in this city. They’re what the Astros used to be.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Nick Caserio is an amazing GM. Given where he started and where they currently stand?  When the Texans win the SB, he has to be royalty in Houston.  Bob McNair wanted him for years….now we know why.  

The Texans never had a good GM in their history before Caserio. The Texans have had an A+ offseason thanks to him. I love seeing a smart GM make moves and see the long term vision and plan come to fruition. That’s what made following the Astros rebuilding under Luhnow so much fun. Compare what Nick is doing to the current clown show with Crane, Bagwell and Dana.

Edited by Macklemore

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Probably the last big WR signing. I expect CJ to be the highest paid player in the NFL on his next deal. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The Texans never had a good GM in their history before Caserio. The Texans have had an A+ offseason thanks to him. I love seeing a smart GM make moves and see the long term vision and plan come to fruition. That’s what made following the Astros rebuilding under Luhnow so much fun. Compare what Nick is doing to the current clown show with Crane, Bagwell and Dana.

It’s been a good offseason, but I wouldn’t give him an A+ after needlessly extending Joe Mixon and cutting years off Diggs’s contract. Time will tell if either or both moves to “make them happy” translates to above expected performance on the field. I think Diggs was a behavior risk before and after the contract change. And if it was about putting Diggs on a one year “prove it” deal, that is literally what we had with Mixon and now I’d put money on him mailing it in after getting the last decent size bag of his career.