Can we talk about the public flogging of Fani Willis…

Satchel

7 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

In the Trump filing it says they used CellHawk to collect the data.

My read is that CellHawk was for positioning information. It also says this:

Friday’s court filing includes an affidavit from Charles Mittelstadt, a longtime investigator for defense attorneys. He said he obtained the cellphone data from AT&T through a subpoena.

So, again, I think the call log data must have come from the subpoena. Or maybe it is a combination? According to the article, an expert that spoke with the paper also suggested the data may be inaccurate. Again, 50/50 someone fucked up a spreadsheet. 2000 calls in a year strains credibility. 

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's clearly nepotism.

image.thumb.png.e79de75516066690b2eefb9a9ddae9aa.png

Which would be in the wheelhouse for EAGLE EYE ETHICS HALL MONITORS, LLC, but even that's not alleged by Don Johnson or Balcones. 

Because

Obviously

Explicitly stating your point, what you stand for and what you believe is counterproductive to the chunks of shit that need to rely on deception, implication and suggestion without ever directly answering a question in order to promote fascism. 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

How does Fani Willis hiring her boyfriend deny Trump a fair trial?

How is anyone expected to get a fair trial when both the DA and Special Prosecutor lie under oath in the process?  

At this point, is there any doubt they lied to the court? Other people can bring the charges and try the case against Trump, but if these two will lie to the court over an affair, why would do you think they be truthful on everything else?

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

How is anyone expected to get a fair trial when both the DA and Special Prosecutor lie under oath in the process?  

At this point, is there any doubt they lied to the court? Other people can bring the charges and try the case against Trump, but if these two will lie to the court over an affair, why would do you think they be truthful on everything else?

I think there is plenty of room to doubt the veracity of the affidavit and phone data. And I still don't see how any of this impacts Trump's ability to get a fair trial. The attorneys aren't going to be testifying. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I think there is plenty of room to doubt the veracity of the affidavit and phone data. And I still don't see how any of this impacts Trump's ability to get a fair trial. The attorneys aren't going to be testifying. 

You don’t think lying to the court, under oath, by the DA and Special Prosecutor is a big deal? Is Perjury not a felony in Georgia?

9 minutes ago, Balcones said:

The potential lies are as pertinent to the case as Santa Claus or a Canadian girlfriend. If testimony under oath dealt with actual facts and findings of the case

then it'd probably be the same deal. Screenshot_20240223-213953.png.8420eb8fc13a9fba9db07a3bb2d3cff3.png

14 minutes ago, Balcones said:

You don’t think lying to the court, under oath, by the DA and Special Prosecutor is a big deal? Is Perjury not a felony in Georgia?

I don't buy that there was an perjury yet. But I didn't say it wasn't an issue. I just said it doesn't impact his ability to have a fair trial. 

Of course, this is also why none of this should have been allowed in the first place. Placing people in the awkward position to testify about personal relationships for no real reason (because their relationship isn't material to the defendant's rights) is just setting up a no win situation. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Balcones said:

You’ve heard the phone call where Trump pressured Brad Raffensperger to commit election fraud for him, right? 

9 hours ago, Balcones said:

It is, if it happened, but it is not grounds for removal from this particular case. 

It probably is grounds for removal from office generally and from the bar. 

This did not start out as a very viable disqualification motion,for the reasons stated on the thread: any conflict present doesn't implicate the fairness of the trial to any of the defendants. 

But if Willis or Wade was stupid enough to lie under oath.... 

That is why a defense lawyer is going to pull this string and see what happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Which would be in the wheelhouse for EAGLE EYE ETHICS HALL MONITORS, LLC, but even that's not alleged by Don Johnson or Balcones. 

If you could link my specific post that you disagree with or the allegations I’ve made, I will be glad to respond. 

I have one post in this entire thread. A link to a story from the Atlanta Journal Constitution with zero comment. If you don’t like the journalism, take it up with them. If you don’t like what happened, take it up with Fani. 

52 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’ve heard the phone call where Trump pressured Brad Raffensperger to commit election fraud for him, right? 

Yes. And it will get litigated. But not by Willis and Wade.

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It is, if it happened, but it is not grounds for removal from this particular case. 

It probably is grounds for removal from office generally and from the bar. 

This did not start out as a very viable disqualification motion,for the reasons stated on the thread: any conflict present doesn't implicate the fairness of the trial to any of the defendants. 

But if Willis or Wade was stupid enough to lie under oath.... 

That is why a defense lawyer is going to pull this string and see what happens. 

It has exposed what Willis and Wade are willing to do in court. And if they are willing to lie under oath in this case after being embarrassed by their own actions, they shouldn’t be trying the case.  

Lots of others that can bring the case to the court.

23 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Yes. And it will get litigated. But not by Willis and Wade.

Will it? That judgment hasn’t been made yet but it sounds like your mind is already made up. Why is that? You say you’ve heard the call so you know Trump is guilty. If Wilis is removed from the case and her office can’t be involved, are you hoping it’s tossed to someone else who for political reasons will drop the case against the obviously guilty Trump?

49 minutes ago, Balcones said:

It has exposed what Willis and Wade are willing to do in court. And if they are willing to lie under oath in this case after being embarrassed by their own actions, they shouldn’t be trying the case.  

Lots of others that can bring the case to the court.

Man you sure are enthusiastic about continuing to delay any sort of trump trial. 

Once they realized that they were caught, the stupidity to lie under oath (if they indeed did) is pretty astonishing. They're putting a former President of the United States on trial. Get your shit together. The absolute truth would have given the defense nowhere to go with it. "Yeah, we were fucking like rabbits before, during, and after I appointed him. What of it?" Not super professional, but a hell of a lot less damning than perjury. A giant part of any Trump court case is going to be pointing out to the jury how they're obviously lying under oath.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What concerns me is this: The choice to bring a big RICO case involving dozens of defendants. 

Supposedly, this offers an advantage of incentivizing pleas and cooperation. That is kind of speculative.  The disadvantages of months of jury selection and more months of trial,after months of pretrial maneuvering by defendants, are pretty concrete. 

To believe this strategy is sound, you have to defer to Willis' judgment. But this is demonstrating that her judgment may be less than state-of-the-art. 

By way of example, Trump could probably be close to trial on the discrete, non-RICO charges against him, namely the infamous perfect Raffensberger call. But a trial is nowhere in sight and here we are. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Balcones said:

Are they being tried for their lie?  If not, commence the flogging of Dotard.  As always, let the evidence determine guilt.  I'm sure their defense at the end to a jury will be along the lines of can you believe a couple of liars or your lying eyes?  

Edited by Mdhorn

5 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Oh this case of perjury gets looked at, cool.

I mean, yes. I realize that Trump is a walking clown show surrounded by imbeciles who basically lives in the courtroom, so we tend to forget the magnitude of the office. But, again, this is the former--and possibly future--President. I don't think asking the DA and Special Prosecutor trying his case to not perjure themselves is an unfair request.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, yes. I realize that Trump is a walking clown show surrounded by imbeciles who basically lives in the courtroom, so we tend to forget the magnitude of the office. But, again, this is the former--and possibly future--President. I don't think asking the DA and Special Prosecutor trying his case to not perjure themselves is an unfair request.

I get it. I just want to flip every goddamn table I see. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Willis/Wade:  But they were 2,000 perfect phone calls. 

Wait until they subpoena the actual 12,000 text messages. Just the threat of that should be enough for Willis and Wade to cry uncle. I’d imagine those will be far from perfect.

46 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Wait until they subpoena the actual 12,000 text messages. Just the threat of that should be enough for Willis and Wade to cry uncle. I’d imagine those will be far from perfect.

Again, for the umpteenth time, they're not being tried.  And as for damaging messages being released, pretty sure they're not running for president either and whatever comes out won't be very beneficial to Trump's criming.  Sure, we'll look at them and think, idiots.  We'll look at Trump and say add it to the mountain of crimes, every climbing skyward that this criminal represents.  America will know it's voting between an old man and a mountain of shit, representing a party of shit that would actually support him as their candidate.  But sure, on the other hand, we'll know that Fanny Willis had sex with Wade.  

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Balcones said:

Thats not what he said. He said it doesn’t deny Trump a fair trial.

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

Oh this case of perjury gets looked at, cool.

It’s pretty interesting that all the sudden they are worried about prosecutorial misconduct lol

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I really don't care if or when they were having sex. He's qualified to try hard cases before those jurors, she hired him, he did the job he was hired to do. That's all that matters.

You realize he has never tried a felony case in his career. Ever.

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

Eh, phone company doesn't keep that. And, even if they can get them, they uncover a relationship. It still isn't relevant to anything. 

9 minutes ago, Balcones said:

You realize he has never tried a felony case in his career. Ever.

So? 

41 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I doubt that, actually. Do you have proof?

He was a civil trial lawyer before, so he probably never tried a felony case. But he has certainly tried cases before a jury. 

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I doubt that, actually. Do you have proof?

Look up thread. I posted an article from the Atlanta newspaper.  His first felony trial ever, if he isn’t removed, will be against a former President.

20 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Look up thread. I posted an article from the Atlanta newspaper.  His first felony trial ever, if he isn’t removed, will be against a former President.

Maybe no felonies as a prosecutor but he has a lot of experience as a defense attorney. The idea that he's grossly underqualified strikes me as an exaggeration. One wonders if people would be questioning his qualifications if he weren't Black...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You sure about that?

He is a personal injury lawyer now in private practice.  Previously:

A graduate of John Marshall law school, Wade served as an assistant solicitor for Cobb County in 1999. The solicitor general’s office handles misdemeanor cases. 

John Marshall Law school is one of the better online law schools in the US.

4 minutes ago, Balcones said:

He is a personal injury lawyer now in private practice.  Previously:

A graduate of John Marshall law school, Wade served as an assistant solicitor for Cobb County in 1999. The solicitor general’s office handles misdemeanor cases. 

John Marshall Law school is one of the better online law schools in the US.

He has felony criminal defense experience.

From Forbes:

Since his hiring, however, Wade has faced accusations that his experience did not qualify him for the lead prosecutor position in the Trump case, with Trump co-defendant Michael Roman arguing in a lawsuit against Willis that Wade’s “lack of experience” does not meet Fulton County standards “given the complexity of the charges.”

Before joining the prosecution in Fulton County, Wade worked as a prosecutor and later as a judge in suburban Cobb County handling low-level criminal cases, the New York Times reported, citing “scant evidence” of his record prosecuting major cases and no evidence of his work on a major political corruption case similar to the one Trump faces in Georgia.

Wade’s record as a prosecutor primarily involves criminal defense and personal injury cases, multiple outlets reported, while his law firm, Wade & Campbell, lauds him as a “zealous advocate” with experience representing clients after major car accidents and contract disputes.

Wade, who graduated from John Marshall Law School in Chicago (now part of the University of Illinois at Chicago), has also served as an assistant county solicitor—a position that handles misdemeanor cases—and ran unsuccessfully on three occasions for a seat on the bench of the Cobb County Superior Court between 2012 and 2016.

From Washington Post:

Originally from Texas, Wade moved more than 20 years ago to attend Atlanta’s John Marshall School of Law. He stayed in the area after graduation, beginning his legal career as a prosecutor for the Cobb County solicitor general, which handles traffic tickets and other misdemeanor cases, according to a campaign biography.

He then worked as a prosecutor for “several municipalities” in Cobb County before transitioning to private practice, where he primarily handled family law, contract and civil litigation cases

From NCJA.Org

In the fall of 2021, Nathan Wade had little experience prosecuting criminal cases in the Atlanta area, serving as a municipal judge who mostly dealt with traffic tickets and running a private practice that focuses on family law and contract disputes. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis chose him to lead the biggest case of her career, a two-and-a-half year investigation charged former president Trump and more than a dozen co-defendants with illegally conspiring to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia. Willis’s decision to hire Wade is now facing scrutiny after a Trump co-defendant alleged that the two prosecutors are lovers who have vacationed together on Wade’s dime in Napa Valley and the Caribbean. The accusation could present a conflict of interest or could amount to fraud, reports the Washington Post.

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What does any of this matter? Are you now worried that Trump will not have a fair trial because the prosecutor isn't good enough? Is that what we are seriously rolling with now?

No. Read up thread. Someone said Wade was highly qualified to be the special prosecutor. I’m showing his lack of experience.

2 minutes ago, Balcones said:

No. Read up thread. Someone said Wade was highly qualified to be the special prosecutor. I’m showing his lack of experience.

Again, why does it matter to you? I also question the assumption that lack of experience as a felony prosecutor means he isn't qualified. I don't buy that at all.