Can we talk about the public flogging of Fani Willis…

Satchel

continually bringing up her unpaid taxes was a cheap smear attempt.  I don't think that dog will hunt.

I laughed my ass off about her dad saying hoarding cash was a "black thing".   It reminded me of Louis CK telling Chris Rock that he had $100,000 stashed in his gym bag, and Rock called him the N word.

Anybody having problems with how Willis defended herself yesterday, can Kavanaugh right off:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/lawyers-ethics-experts-defend-fani-willis-trump-seeks-removal-georgia-rcna137640

A group of attorneys and ethics experts has filed a motion defending Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis as former President Donald Trump urges the court to remove her from his Georgia election interference case.

In the court filing, 17 signers argued that the allegations that Willis benefited financially from a personal relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade do not constitute grounds for removal.

"We have no independent knowledge whether there was a personal relationship at the time of hiring or whether overall spending in the personal relationship was roughly evenly balanced," the motion in defense of Willis reads. "But even if all Defendants’ allegations are true, they do not mandate disqualification here. Indeed, they do not even come close."

“Paying for gifts for a romantic partner out of one’s income is normal in the context of a marriage or other romantic relationship,” the filing says. “Neither the relationship, nor the alleged financial benefit to DA Willis justifies disqualification under Georgia law.”h

• Like 1

It's a really bad look.  It's not illegal, and it has nothing to do with Trump.  It's still a really bad look.

That said, we all get only so many trips around the sun, and fucking is a popular hobby.  She should have been a little more circumspect, though.  Come on, Fanni.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Huge unforced error with the highest stakes imaginable so she could get some dick. Look at her, she can get plenty of other dick elsewhere. 

Yep.  She's not the judge or jury, and this shouldn't change the evidence those folks will consider.  But in the biggest, most publicly-scrutinized case of your legal career, why put the case at any risk just for the sake of some pole?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She shouldn't have fucked someone she hired, much less with all of the stakes going on right now. I can cheer for her all I want, but it doesn't change the fact this is a massive unforced error. And it doesn't matter how great she was on the stand, because the damage to perception is done, and those that can use this as some kind of weapon now have it as ammunition. The best case is it's a huge distraction and a delay, and a cause for MAGA afterwards to scream conspiracy, witch hunt, Dems break their own laws, etc. 

Huge unforced error with the highest stakes imaginable so she could get some dick. Look at her, she can get plenty of other dick elsewhere. 

We all do things we know we shouldn’t do. What will prove to be a massive unforced error is compelling Wills to explain in court why she screwed the help. You obviously don’t court house much. 
Should she choose to run, she win re-election in a landslide. People are pissed about this clown show deflection.

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yep.  She's not the judge or jury, and this shouldn't change the evidence those folks will consider.  But in the biggest, most publicly-scrutinized case of your legal career, why put the case at any risk just for the sake of some pole?

Everything sucks right now. Now you’re trying to take getting laid away from people???

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Satchel said:

We all do things we know we shouldn’t do. What will prove to be a massive unforced error is compelling Wills to explain in court why she screwed the help. You obviously don’t court house much. 
Should she choose to run, she win re-election in a landslide. People are pissed about this clown show deflection.

She was going to win in a landslide anyway. I’m more concerned about what it means for the case.  And it’s terrible to give MAGA any reason to undermine its credibility in court or the public eye. 

Nothing with Trump is just courthouse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

She was going to win in a landslide anyway. I’m more concerned about what it means for the case.  And it’s terrible to give MAGA any reason to undermine its credibility in court or the public eye. 

Nothing with Trump is just courthouse. 

Since nothing testified to yesterday violates any ethical or legal proscription, the judge should rule accordingly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Since nothing testified to yesterday violates any ethical or legal proscription, the judge should rule accordingly. 

I agree. And I agree this changes nothing about the case. 

I still think that if you’re involved in something as grave and serious as this you owe it to the American people (applies both to Willis and Wade) to behave beyond reproach. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

I agree. And I agree this changes nothing about the case. 

I still think that if you’re involved in something as grave and serious as this you owe it to the American people (applies both to Willis and Wade) to behave beyond reproach. 

Yeah, that would be nice, especially when those of us on the sidelines can compare our best with someone else’s worst.

Dumb Question Amnesty -- why was she in a courtroom and testifying? I don't quite understand the mechanics of what's going on with her being questioned by attorneys in front of cameras. Is she accused of breaking a law?

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Dumb Question Amnesty -- why was she in a courtroom and testifying? I don't quite understand the mechanics of what's going on with her being questioned by attorneys in front of cameras. Is she accused of breaking a law?

One lawyer called this spectacle “the most Atlanta shit ever.” 

33 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Who the fuck is arguing it isn't a bad look?

The issue now is whether it affects the prosecution of the case. 

No way it does or should.

Great input, Bob.  I'll run my posts by you next time.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Nothing relating to Donald Trump and his lunatic fascists has anything to do with law or a fucking courthouse. Sew the wind, and reap the whirlwind.

You're going far out on a limb here to defend her as having done nothing wrong, for whatever reason. But at the same time, actions have consequences. 

If I choose to go out and get fucking balls ass shithammered the night before I have a baord meeting, or a major sales call, I haven't don't anything wrong. I haven't done anything illegal. And maybe I nail the board meeting or sales pitch. But it's a stupid fucking thing to do, with consequences, because maybe folks smell the fucking liquor on me and decide to employ someone else or take their business elsewhere. Or just don't do something obviously stupid. 

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm not suggesting she join a convent, but she can't take a break from the nookie for the sake of justice?

I'm not saying she take a brake from Nookie. I'm saying take a break from THAT ONE SPECIFIC FUCKING NOOKIE. And maybe anyone else she employs or gives out government contracting jobs, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nothing relating to Donald Trump and his lunatic fascists has anything to do with law or a fucking courthouse. Sew the wind, and reap the whirlwind.

You're going far out on a limb here to defend her as having done nothing wrong, for whatever reason. But at the same time, actions have consequences. 

If I choose to go out and get fucking balls ass shithammered the night before I have a baord meeting, or a major sales call, I haven't don't anything wrong. I haven't done anything illegal. And maybe I nail the board meeting or sales pitch. But it's a stupid fucking thing to do, with consequences, because maybe folks smell the fucking liquor on me and decide to employ someone else or take their business elsewhere. Or just don't do something obviously stupid. 

Can you quote me saying she did nothing wrong?

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Can you quote me saying she did nothing wrong?

Oh, I'm sorry. I must have misconstrued your intentions by making several posts saying she violated no legal or ethical proscriptions, citing a survey of legal and ethical experts saying she doesn't deserve any consequecnes, and the fact that you're going around responding to every poster who thinks she fucked up...why would anyone think you believe she did nothing wrong?

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm not suggesting she join a convent, but she can't take a break from the nookie for the sake of justice?

I mean, the issue are the trips and the expenses associated with those trips.  It seems to me a reasonable compromise is to fuck in the supply closet after hours and start taking trips after the case is over.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I mean, the issue are the trips and the expenses associated with those trips.  It seems to me a reasonable compromise is to fuck in the supply closet after hours and start taking trips after the case is over.

Has there been proof of anything more than someone fronting a bill and getting reimbursed later?

I also am not sure how that relates to Trump getting a fair RICO trial. Like seriously why the fuck does it even matter?

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I must have misconstrued your intentions by making several posts saying she violated no legal or ethical proscriptions, citing a survey of legal and ethical experts saying she doesn't deserve any consequecnes, and the fact that you're going around responding to every poster who thinks she fucked up...why would anyone think you believe she did nothing wrong?

Clearly you misconstrued my intentions. I started this thread to discuss the disgraceful public flogging of Willis that appears to be unprecedented and unnecessary.

Edited by Satchel

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Elected officials shouldn’t hire someone they are fucking and they shouldn’t start fucking someone they hired.  It’s OK to demand more.

It doesn’t change the facts but it shows astonishingly poor judgment to do it and then think it won’t paint a target on you once you take on a former POTUS, even one that’s done everything you have and worse. 

But one of the defendants in this case is a former government official who, at least once, hired someone to fuck him, then got caught paying her for her silence.  Fani ought to hold herself to a higher standard, I'd certainly agree.  But removing her from the case?  Nah.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Has there been proof of anything more than someone fronting a bill and getting reimbursed later?

I also am not sure how that relates to Trump getting a fair RICO trial. Like seriously why the fuck does it even matter?

Not that I've seen on the first question and agree with you on the second.  At least not now.  Let the Georgia bar take it up or let the county start an ethics investigation.

If Trump can drag out cases for years, Fauni should be able to drag out hers as well.

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Clearly you misconstrued my intentions. I started this thread to discuss the disgraceful public flogging of Willis that appear to be unprecedented and unnecessary.

So you think she showed poor judgement, or not? Because I may have missed it, but I can't remember you actually taking a position on that matter. 

Is it disgraceful? Yeah, like much of what happens in America today that even TANGENTIALLY touches politics, it sucks. Is the flogging unnecessary and likely to be of no consequence to the Trump case? Yes. Is it all stupid? Yes. Did she open pandora's box herself? Also yes. I'm comfortable with all of those things. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Clearly you misconstrued my intentions. I started this thread to discuss the disgraceful public flogging of Willis that appear to be unprecedented and unnecessary.

I shat all over and mocked Bobby Petrino for similar behavior. And the stakes were much lower.  

If you’re a high profile government executive or elected official don’t fuck people in the chain of command. 

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I shat all over and mocked Bobby Petrino for similar behavior. And the stakes were much lower.  

If you’re a high profile government executive or elected official don’t fuck people in the chain of command. 

Chuckle. Unresponsive. The public flogging makes about as much sense as Nikki Haley being grilled about her infidelity because she’s prosecuting a political case against Donald Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Chuckle. Unresponsive. The public flogging makes about as much sense as Nikki Haley being grilled about her infidelity because she’s prosecuting a political case against Donald Trump. 

I have no idea what you’re trying to get at here, really.  We are expecting sexual misbehavior not to be a line of political attack against government officials now? What country have you been living in?

What’s the specific public flogging we need to condemn? The New Yorker article? 

52 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Based on what I've been made to understand, it's damned near a prosecutorial tradition.  

A more high profile example.

marcia-clark-chris-darden-hookup.jpg

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Is something no longer undefeated?  Asking for a few friends.

24 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You don’t poke the payroll. Bad things happen. Too bad they are not lawyers and don’t know this….wait!

39 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It may not be illegal, but I think she’s still showing bad judgment to ask that her punishment be a public flogging by Hunter Biden.

IMG_8357.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You don’t poke the payroll. Bad things happen. Too bad they are not lawyers and don’t know this….wait!

Since when? Again, some of you must not court house or office very much.

Just now, Satchel said:

Since when? Again, some of you must not court house or office very much.

Yeah, I was thinking more about the employment discrimination lawsuits.  You are correct.  When I worked at the nuclear power plant, my boss was shagging one of the underlings.  It was a bad career move for him, was that wrong wise. 

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Yeah, I was thinking more about the employment discrimination lawsuits.  You are correct.  When I worked at the nuclear power plant, my boss was shagging one of the underlings.  It was a bad career move for him, was that wrong wise. 

I get the some of you want me to condemn Willis’ poor choices and bad behavior. No objective person familiar with the facts of this case would argue that she helped herself or her cause by sleeping with her co-worker. Since there is a better than even chance she won’t be removed, it’s clear to me this  evidentiary hearing uncovered nothing relevant to the allegations deceptive pecuniary. 
The point and purpose was to force Willis to answer questions about where she slept with Wade, why she kept money in her house, how she spent it, what kind of Vodka she prefers and why Wade might not have been able to get it up in 2020. When the answers and evidence did not comport with the prosecutor’s narrative, they sought to have Willis’ [lawyer] father’s testimony stricken from the record. 
It  was a public flogging that makes Clarence Thomas’ high tech lynching  look like a picnic

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 2