Chicken Wings

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

My vet said I could give my terrier raw chicken wings to help keep teeth clean.  Anyone ever heard of this?  

Sure.  Terrier is a type of dog originally bred to hunt vermin. A terrier is a dog of any one of many breeds or landraces of the terrier type, which are typically small, wiry, game, and fearless. Terrier breeds vary greatly in size from just 1 kg to over 60 kg and are usually categorized by size or function.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve always heard to not feed dogs chicken bones because they splinter and could fuck up the dog’s digestive system. 
I think that rule pertains to cooked chicken bones as opposed to raw.

One of the people I work with fed his dog a raw chicken leg every day.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’ve always heard to not feed dogs chicken bones because they splinter and could fuck up the dog’s digestive system. 

That's cooked chicken bones. Raw ones are ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I like how 75% of the responses in this thread don’t address the original question. 

The subject line has merit but content is wildly out of place. Anyway, Bakers Gold please. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 2

Chicken wings in an air fryer have been a game changer for me. I don’t want to deal with the clean up of a deep oil fryer, and it’s harder it get a nice crisp/char in the oven. It takes less than 5 minutes to warm up the air fryer, and then 8 minutes per side for each batch, with clean up a cinch.

But I can’t say if terriers prefer the air fryer method.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Chicken wings in an air fryer have been a game changer for me. I don’t want to deal with the clean up of a deep oil fryer, and it’s harder it get a nice crisp/char in the oven. It takes less than 5 minutes to warm up the air fryer, and then 8 minutes per side for each batch, with clean up a cinch.

But I can’t say if terriers prefer the air fryer method.

Yep.  This is the way.