DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

1 minute ago, longhrnfan said:

Connor Williams chimed in, in apparent agreement. 

How'd that 1st round/top 10 pick go for him that he thought he was going to get? 

These dumbshits don't realize that Herman gets much better NFL insight from actual coaches in the league than these guys do through their potential agents or other echo chambers.  

I swear all of Charlie’s players were mentally weak and coddled.  Charlie coddled these dudes worse than Mack.  Hey Deshon, you had one decent season on a barely bowl eligible team.  You owe your success to the coach Herman and Orlando because prior to them, you couldn’t beat out a walk on.  If this is how he reacts to criticism, he won’t last in the NFL.  Regardless of their differences, you don’t air out your grievances publicly.  

• Like 6

Jesus, Connor just added a hook 'em emoji - guys will generally support their friends even when they're kinda dumb. Hardly the same level.

EDIT: Just saw his second reply. Jesus those two need to grow some balls. You don't see Malik emptying his diaper on Twitter.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

Herman has a lot of growing up to do. I used to hear him throw his players under the bus on Houston radio after UH upset losses, so there really is no telling what he says in private, perhaps not thinking this shit will bet back to the people he's talking about. 

His willingness to badmouth his players and his thin skin are two things he needs to work on. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Herman has a lot of growing up to do. I used to hear him throw his players under the bus on Houston radio after UH upset losses, so there really is no telling what he says in private, perhaps not thinking this shit will bet back to the people he's talking about. 

His willingness to badmouth his players and his thin skin are two things he needs to work on. 

There were reports that Herman softened up some after the regular season, when Chris Del Conte was hired. Some attributed that to the fact that the remaining players "bought in" while the "cancers" were removed. That might be the case, but I also don't think the timing was completely coincidental.

I'd love to hear what he said about his players. There's a difference between saying a player should bear some responsibility for the loss, and throwing them under the bus to avoid culpability. I need some context... 

• Like 1

I'd love to hear what he said about his players. There's a difference between saying a player should bear some responsibility for the loss, and throwing them under the bus to avoid culpability. I need some context... 

Paraphrasing here, obviously, but after they lost to Navy, he said something like "Well, we were down two starting LBs and Navy's an option team, and our back-ups, well, they kinda suck, and if you have crap LBs against an option team, you have your hands full..."

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

There were reports that Herman softened up some after the regular season, when Chris Del Conte was hired. Some attributed that to the fact that the remaining players "bought in" while the "cancers" were removed. That might be the case, but I also don't think the timing was completely coincidental.

After hearing about Hager yesterday, it was clear that even late into the season there was serious beef with some of the players. Hager, fortunately, turned to Herman's side. This is what happens with a coaching change, plain and simple. 

F Deshon for airing his grievances out on social media for the world to see. Whether stupid, selfish, or otherwise, the bottom line is that it hurts Texas. He's dead to me. As a Steeler fan, I'll enjoy watching him get crushed (if he makes the team). 

• Like 2

"Well, we were down two starting LBs and Navy's an option team, and our back-ups, well, they kinda suck, and if you have crap LBs against an option team, you have your hands full..."

Which is true but not something you say on the radio. 

Yeah fair. He shouldn't have said that... at least like that. So many ways to phrase it better. 

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Personally I gotta hear both sides. Because apparently one side is a grown "man" bad-mouthing decisions of a 21-year old "man." Elliott definitely should be more careful about what he says about our school, but I don't expect nearly as much thought from a semi-educated young man not far out of his teenage years than I do a 40-something well-educated Mensa member in Herman. 

Yeah fair. He shouldn't have said that... at least like that. So many ways to phrase it better. 

A little more coachspeak would have made for a more boring interview but sometimes you've got to say shit like "Well Navy's got that great rushing attack and we just didn't quite execute out there and blah blah blah"

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The next time I get bent out of shape over some player's social media diatribe will be the first.

how about you don’t get bent out of shape about dissenting opinions on a trivial message board you thin skinned cunt. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, deech said:

What the hell did Herman or whomever say that started this?  I still haven't seen him say shit about Deshon or anyone at the Big XII media day?  

Elliott said in his tweets that it was behind closed doors, and evidently Herman was indiscreet enough to say it in front of someone who reports back to Elliott.