2024 NCAA Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight Games

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's only dominant because he's large and NCAA officials can't officiate guys that size correctly. His game is completely unremarkable. He's athletic for his size but his skills are entirely mid.

He's also pretty clever. Doesn't offer much weakside help if the opponent has a clear path. Instead, puts his hands down by his side and allows the bucket. 

I don't blame Edey. Just a flaw in the game and officiating that Painter exploits. The moment he gets a crew that "lets them play," his teams get bounced.

Congrats to them for finally making a FF, though.

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

He's also pretty clever. Doesn't offer much weakside help if the opponent has a clear path. Instead, puts his hands down by his side and allows the bucket. 

I don't blame Edey. Just a flaw in the game and officiating that Painter exploits. The moment he gets a crew that "lets them play," his teams get bounced.

Congrats to them for finally making a FF, though.

For sure it's not his fault. I'm just saying he's not actually that skilled of a player.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is a bad faith, stupid question and you should feel bad for posting something so dumb.

You’ve labeled his game as unremarkable and his skills as middling.  He put up remarkable numbers and dominated his tourney games despite your low rating.  

Also, you did not answer the question but you came back with a bitchy post as if I had the audacity to question your point of view.   

The question remains.  

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

You’ve labeled his game as unremarkable and his skills as middling.  He put up remarkable numbers and dominated his tourney games despite your low rating.  

Also, you did not answer the question but you came back with a bitchy post as if I had the audacity to question your point of view.   

The question remains.  

It's a dumb question. Anyone would take advantage of what he brings.

His skills are demonstrably middling. He can't dribble, he can't shoot, his touch on any shot that isn't a dunk/layup is laughable, and he is a below average FT shooter despite literally living there. He's not even a good defender outside of being so large that his personal gravity by itself just prevents driving to the basket.

On the other hand, he's athletic, smart and knows how his bread is buttered. His post moves aren't advanced or remarkable but he uses the ones he has effectively, most of the time. And he knows he can get away with more contact than most bigs.

Regardless, his game is entirely predicated on him being able to overpower anyone who's guarding him because he's 7'4" and weighs 300 pounds. If he were a normal sized big he'd be completely unremarkable in every way and I absolutely stand by that.

It's horrible to watch as a fan.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I mean I figure he could get called for 3 seconds several times every game but there’s nothing particularly egregious about that clip. 

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's a dumb question. Anyone would take advantage of what he brings.

His skills are demonstrably middling. He can't dribble, he can't shoot, his touch on any shot that isn't a dunk/layup is laughable, and he is a below average FT shooter despite literally living there. He's not even a good defender outside of being so large that his personal gravity by itself just prevents driving to the basket.

On the other hand, he's athletic, smart and knows how his bread is buttered. His post moves aren't advanced or remarkable but he uses the ones he has effectively, most of the time. And he knows he can get away with more contact than most bigs.

Regardless, his game is entirely predicated on him being able to overpower anyone who's guarding him because he's 7'4" and weighs 300 pounds. If he were a normal sized big he'd be completely unremarkable in every way and I absolutely stand by that.

It's horrible to watch as a fan.

Finally.  Asked and answered. 

Posted (edited)

Players in college basketball need 6 fouls now. 

So frustrating to see offensive players initiating contact by jumping into a defender,  and the damn refs call a foul on the defender.

Just terrible basketball... GEEZ

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So frustrating to see offensive players initiating contact by jumping into a defender,  and the damn refs call a foul on the defender.

Agree with this.   It's like you are expected to vaporize yourself on defense. 

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Aidoo got off to bad shooting start and Barnes benched him for most second half for a freshman that only scored only 2 points.  

Aidoo was absolutely terrible offensively for three straight games, sending him to the bench should have happened sooner. him going to the bench has nothing to do with the outcome.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

I knew there was something about this game that reminded me of something.  The NC State FG% is eerily similar to Villanova's % in the best, biggest upset in Final game history...I remember exactly where I was to watch that game.

• Pancho unpinned this topic