Texas Rangers 2024: Run It Back

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Love beating the Astros on Friday night. 

If I wouldn't mind dropping about  $700 I could pop in for tomorrows game. Assuming I could make a 730 flight home

Edited by beer

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Suck a wang…

No one knows who you are, you're coming in here guns-blazing as a bandwagon Rangers fan talking shit to someone that's stood by these guys for 15 seasons...

Maybe feel the thread out before you start bitching about the team this season you fucking loon. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one knows who you are, you're coming in here guns-blazing as a bandwagon Rangers fan talking shit to someone that's stood by these guys for 15 seasons...

Maybe feel the thread out before you start bitching about the team this season you fucking loon. 

Wow 15 whole years?  So you hopped on when they started winning pennants?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is it about to get testy in here?

Might have to pour another 

Is this when I have to whip out my dick and show off my "2023 World Champion Rangers The Best Team Ever By A Mile and I've Watched Them Since Ruben Fucking Sierra" tattoo on it?

In large 96 point font?

Fine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wow 15 whole years?  So you hopped on when they started winning pennants?

I literally didn't follow or play baseball until I saw Texas make the world series.

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

15 seasons?? that’s it?  😂😂. I’ve been a Rangers fan since before you were shitting green in your diapers son.  Try 35 seasons newbie.  Go play a victim with somebody else.    I’ve posted in the Rangers threads for years on Shaggy and Surly so blow it out your crying ass.  I don’t give a shit if you know me or not.  I called it like it is.  This bullpen was shit last year and it’s shit this year so far .  August and September last year were absolutely awful.    Luckily they turned it around for Oct and Nov but Burke is still shit.  And while we are at it, LeSuck pulling it together last year for the playoffs was an anomaly.  He is what we are seeing now.  We got lucky as hell he didn’t cost us a playoff series last year like he has cost us games this year. Everytime he or Chapman were on the mound it was a crapshoot    If you want to throw pixy dust on a turd then knock yourself out.   I’m not.  Luckily we had enough bats tonight to survive the bullpen.  We won in spite of them …. 

Edited by HuntinHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HuntinHorn said:

15 seasons?? that’s it?  😂😂. I’ve been a Rangers fan since before you were shitting green in your diapers son.  Try 35 seasons newbie.  Go play a victim with somebody else.    I’ve posted in the Rangers threads for years on Shaggy and Surly so blow it out your crying ass.  I don’t give a shit if you know me or not.  I called it like it is.  This bullpen was shit last year and it’s shit this year so far .  August and September last year were absolutely awful.    Luckily they turned it around for Oct and Nov but Burke is still shit.  And while we are at it, LeSuck pulling it together last year for the playoffs was an anomaly.  He is what we are seeing now.  We got lucky as hell he didn’t cost us a playoff series last year like he has cost us games this year. .   If you want to throw pixy dust on a turd then knock yourself out.   I’m not.  Luckily we had enough bats tonight to survive the bullpen.  We won in spite of them …. 

No yeah that seems like a reasonable response. 

• Haha 1

Oddibe
David Hulse, clearly. 
Darryl Hamilton did pretty well too. Maybe we should be looking for more hamiltons to play cf. 
that also reminds me that we had Otis Nixon once. 
Put some respect on Gary Matthews Jr's name.

Bullpen pitchers are bullpen pitchers because they're not the best pitchers on the team. We threw those guys out there with a huge lead for a reason. It'll be fine. On paper our pen's in better shape this year than it ever was last year even at the end of the season. Bochy's figuring out which of these guys can pitch and who's going to be replaced by church, Kelly, et al. when they get their shots.
  • Like 1

Y’all go ahead and get ready for Angel to find a way to inject himself into this series from the field. He isn’t going to take kindly to being roasted on social media for last night’s horrible performance. Before this series is over I’m guessing we see at least one absolutely atrocious call that results in at least two ejections.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Y’all go ahead and get ready for Angel to find a way to inject himself into this series from the field. He isn’t going to take kindly to being roasted on social media for last night’s horrible performance. Before this series is over I’m guessing we see at least one absolutely atrocious call that results in at least two ejections.

i say we kill him

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Yeah it got picked up by everyone. Clips of it running on every sports related site.

Incredible that Langford gets screwed by Scott Barry and Hernandez on the same terrible calls in the same week.

14 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

15 seasons?? that’s it?  😂😂. I’ve been a Rangers fan since before you were shitting green in your diapers son.  Try 35 seasons newbie.  Go play a victim with somebody else.    I’ve posted in the Rangers threads for years on Shaggy and Surly so blow it out your crying ass.  I don’t give a shit if you know me or not.  I called it like it is.  This bullpen was shit last year and it’s shit this year so far .  August and September last year were absolutely awful.    Luckily they turned it around for Oct and Nov but Burke is still shit.  And while we are at it, LeSuck pulling it together last year for the playoffs was an anomaly.  He is what we are seeing now.  We got lucky as hell he didn’t cost us a playoff series last year like he has cost us games this year. Everytime he or Chapman were on the mound it was a crapshoot    If you want to throw pixy dust on a turd then knock yourself out.   I’m not.  Luckily we had enough bats tonight to survive the bullpen.  We won in spite of them …. 

How about age 9, '74, Billy fucking Martin, manager, Toby Harrah, Jim Sundberg, Mike Hargrove, first winning season in Texas. Dr. Pepper sponsored kids "season tickets" I think we got 8 games in the bleachers for almost nothing. My dad (lifelong Reds fan) took off work so we could go to all of them, plus a couple more if I remember. 

So that's 50 years. Anyone else? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, beer said:

How about age 9, '74, Billy fucking Martin, manager, Toby Harrah, Jim Sundberg, Mike Hargrove, first winning season in Texas. Dr. Pepper sponsored kids "season tickets" I think we got 8 games in the bleachers for almost nothing. My dad (lifelong Reds fan) took off work so we could go to all of them, plus a couple more if I remember. 

So that's 50 years. Anyone else? 

Age 7, '72.  Toby Harrah still counts, but Lenny Randle was my favorite.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Yeah it got picked up by everyone. Clips of it running on every sports related site.

Incredible that Langford gets screwed by Scott Barry and Hernandez on the same terrible calls in the same week.

I saw someone argue that even though it was atrocious calls, Wyatt will learn from this because he now knows to swing for the 3rd strike if the ump is being that ridiculous on the first two way outside strikes. But honestly, the more bad calls like this, the faster we get to an automated strike zone that makes a-holes like Angel Hernandez less of a factor with inserting themselves into the game.