Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Should have just fielded the damn ball. Was an easy play either way he just didn’t make it

Made it harder imo but yeah shouldn’t had been an error. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We lost to A&M Corpus Christi 4 days ago. We no longer have the luxury of resting guys to try to get them through mini slumps.

Powell was part of that so obviously not a cure all. He had 1 hit in a game we scored 21 runs. So both those events indicate we’ll be ok without him for 1 game.

You need depth. Borba is a scholarship guy too. Very little downside to giving him a day off. Even if we lose because of his replacement, there’s upside for the remainder of the season.

Just now, chase25 said:

Well given the fact that Andre and Grant are up in the pen I guess that means no Gage today

Unless they are saving him for the 8th or 9th.

But you are probably right. Feels like Dre will get any save chance.

Just now, chase25 said:

Really hope this ends well but I do not have a good feeling. Zero reason Grubbs should have been pulled

I dunno about that. He was starting to get figured out a bit. 
Bringing in Boehm is the right call here. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno about that. He was starting to get figured out a bit. 
Bringing in Boehm is the right call here. 

It was a lot of soft looping contact. The run that scored reached because Dee booted a ground ball. He was at 88 pitches. Pierce just couldn’t sit back and let a good thing be

Just now, chase25 said:

It was a lot of soft looping contact. The run that scored reached because Dee booted a ground ball. He was at 88 pitches. Pierce just couldn’t sit back and let a good thing be

He gave up two line drives to right on his out pitch. They were figuring out the slider away