2024 Final Four and National Championship

Pancho

15 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Honestly, watching his antics on the sideline, I can’t imagine rooting for that douche a full season. I am quite possibly an idoit though.

Yeah I mean I like you but that’s not a good take on your part. We’d take him in a heart beat.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah I mean I like you but that’s not a good take on your part. We’d take him in a heart beat.

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

^^^ your quote of mine.

we’d still take him in a NY minute. The guy is young and possibly the best coach in basketball rn. UConn is looking at a serious dynasty  run. We’d take him and high five him for talking shit. He’s no Herman. He’s top of the game.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep

They are up by 11 letting edey go one on one. Edey gets his - sorta - and UConn is pulling away. Edey hasn’t dominated since the 8 min mark left in the first half. So far the UConn plan is working great. No need to double team him at all. 

Edited by troph

Posted (edited)

Refs whistles will be the only thing over this next 10 minutes that could make it interesting.  Bigs gets in trouble for UCONN and could get Purdue back in this.  

2 minutes ago, troph said:

They are up by 11 letting edey go one on one. Edey gets his - sorta - and UConn is pulling away. Edey hasn’t dominated since the 8 min mark left in the first half. So far the UConn plan is working great. No need to double team him at all. 

They have been bringing help the entire half...including when he threw that ball into the back court.  It isn't overly committed help but just a guy there moving back and forth annoying Edey.

And again there....Spencer

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Purdue sucking on offense is killing this game.  Turnovers are dumb.

Uconn getting easy shots... this game might be over if Purdue doesn't step up on both ends of the court.  

Painter has been running the same offense since Roman times. Maybe if the next Edey is an inch or two taller...

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Purdue’s guards contributing nothing to this game

No adjustments by Painter to get his guards 3pt shots.  At half, Jay Wright talked about ways to better free up the 3pt shots for Purdue guards.

• Hook 'Em 1

Edey brought the arm down for the block, hit him in the head on the drive but no foul.

No adjustments by Painter to get his guards 3pt shots.  At half, Jay Wright talked about ways to better free up the 3pt shots for Purdue guards.

Painter is no Jay Wright.

They’ve doubled edey 2/3 last 3 possessions and still getting bad looks.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I feel pretty okay with my previous assessments of Edey as just big and not skilled.

Absolutely. Being that tall will give you a ton of advantages at this level. Nothing to his game except being big coupled with how he is officiated which gives him even more of an advantage. Still remember when we played them a few years ago, the amount of shit he got away with on both ends. His game is ugly as hell.

• Pancho unpinned this topic