Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Republican voters acknowledge different problems that they think need attention (abortion, immigration, tax rates, regulation, blah blah blah), and Democrats ignore them or deny their existence.

Deny the existence of what?

The Democratic voters are also concerned about those issues, but have different values.

Both parties just find the bullshit that sells best to their base at the moment with no regard for practicality.

How do you explain the recent bi-partisan criminal justice reform?

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Republican voters acknowledge different problems that they think need attention (abortion, immigration, tax rates, regulation, blah blah blah), and Democrats ignore them or deny their existence.  

The difference is when Republicans are in a position to solve the problems they supposedly care about (abortion, immigration), they do absolutely nothing.  

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Neither party wants to help people.  They exist solely to get votes and stay in power.

I get this cynicism and agree when it comes to the old guard in both parties. 

But there is a movement on the left that is fighting the establishment. The right has completely bent the knee to Trump. 

13 minutes ago, A Cellar Honker said:

Getting off all fossil fuels in 12 years is not a real idea.  It's a fantasy.

Imagine this fantasy. Say in 1899,  a feller told you to look up at the moon and imagine a man walking around up there within 70 years. 

Would you have asked him if humans were going to sprout wings and fly up there...while laughing your ass off?

• Like 1

Just now, Pokemon said:

If Trump tweeted "NIGGERS!" the right would say "well black people say it, what's the problem, how is that racism if they say it, I guess black people are racists, ..lol, you said it libs!".

Wanna know how I know you never lived in New Orleans?

11 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

Going to the moon was once fantasy.

That's lazy. Engineers took an idea and said "Yeah, here's how we can do it and here's a reasonable time frame/cost associated with it". Show me one Economist who is looking at AOC's plan and said "Yeah, here's how we can do it and here's a reasonable time frame/cost associated with it"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Oooooh, tell me how I'm wrong, EMAW!

You'll figure it out yourself when you hit middle age.  If not I'll be glad I am dead when American society willingly hands over it's sense of individual freedom to the government in exchange for faux security in life.  Enjoy being a useful idiot for the Democrats.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

You'll figure it out yourself when you hit middle age.  If not I'll be glad I am dead when American society willingly hands over it's sense of individual freedom to the government in exchange for faux security in life.  Enjoy being a useful idiot for the Democrats.

Haha. I'm 42 years old with a family. 

You and Cajun have OWNED me with your non-answers! Touche. 

6 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

If Trump tweeted "NIGGERS!" the right would say "well black people say it, what's the problem, how is that racism if they say it, I guess black people are racists, ..lol, you said it libs!".

Question, do you consider the following song lyric to be racist?

"And to the black folks he was just a crazy nigga"

2 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

Why!??

How the fuck did the world ever exist without Chevron.

Imagine 30 minutes from your scenario when the life flight doesn't show up for your son just had a major car accident.

Imagine 30 minutes from now then the grain shipment doesn't show up in some African port to feed the starving.

I can go on and on.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Haha. I'm 42 years old with a family. 

You and Cajun have OWNED me with your non-answers! Touche. 

Oh no, you OWNED us Hank with your ever so cleverly disguised questions you never really wanted answers to.

Owned I say.

19 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You are right but you probably don't know it.  I'll go ahead and assume you think the Democrats are actually trying to unite people while the Republicans don't want to help.

He is right.  The Democrats are trying to unite people and the Republicans not only don't want to help, most are actively trying to destroy our country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Getting off all fossil fuels in a hundred years is not a real idea.

Why not? There are somethings that may require fossil fuels for quite a while. But it certainly seems feasible for to replace vast majority of energy generated with fossil fuels - e.g., power plants and ground transportation, well within 100 years.  

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Another difference between the parties is one is actually for democracy while the other continues to show nothing but contempt for it.

Democracy like the form Venezuela has?   There is only one thing the Democrat Party is in favor of.  That thing is more power for the Democrat Party.  And no I don't think the Republican Party only wants more power for the Republican Party.  I don't think the Republican Party right now has any idea what it wants about anything.  But even if it did they would be less dangerous than the Democrat Party.  The Republican Party has shown over and over (see the last two years for a prime example) that it has no idea what to do with power when it has it.  The Democrats on the other hand have shown that they know very well what to do with power when they have it.  That makes them by far a worse option.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Democracy like the form Venezuela has?   There is only one thing the Democrat Party is in favor of.  That thing is more power for the Democrat Party.  And no I don't think the Republican Party only wants more power for the Republican Party.  I don't think the Republican Party right now has any idea what it wants about anything.  But even if it did they would be less dangerous than the Democrat Party.  The Republican Party has shown over and over (see the last two years for a prime example) that it has no idea what to do with power when it has it.  The Democrats on the other hand have shown that they know very well what to do with power when they have it.  That makes them by far a worse option.

It's really funny to see Republicans continually howl "DEMS WANT TO MAKE US VENEZUELA!!" when they're the ones trying to rig elections and want to make our tax rates more like Venezuela's. 

44 minutes ago, A Cellar Honker said:

You are only half right.  The entire government is bereft of ideas, not just the Republicans.

42 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Dems have shitloads of ideas about literally every issue. You may think every single one of their ideas is bad but denying that they even have ideas is ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, A Cellar Honker said:

uh huh.  right.

41 minutes ago, Cajun said:

You're not allowed to be "both sides" here man.

Gotta pick a team and get your rah rah on.

39 minutes ago, A Cellar Honker said:

Yeah, I'm quickly realizing that.  A lot of free thinkers here, huh?

DaAy-LeonardPinth-Garnell.jpg

Can you find the cool kids in this episode of Bad Theater?

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Republicans:  The will of the people (democracy) should be ignored and suppressed until it aligns with our ideology.   We don’t need to adjust our policy to benefit the population’s demands, we need to get the population to adjust to our corrupt and morally bankrupt ideology.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He is right.  The Democrats are trying to unite people and the Republicans not only don't want to help, most are actively trying to destroy our country.

Democrats do a worse job of uniting people then Republicans do at anything Republicans try to do, including acting like actual Republicans and controlling fiscal spending.  You can't unite people when all you see are the skin color of people.  You have to see every person as being an unique individual.  Democrats see groups, not individuals.  To the Democrats any particular African-American is a clone of every other African-American.  Any particular gay person is a clone of every other gay person.  Any particular Hispanic is a clone of every other Hispanic. Democrats believe every person that is a part of these groups acts, thinks, and behaves the same way.  That is why they have such a hissy fit over gay, African-American, and Hispanic conservatives.  They literally do not understand how such a person can not think or believe like the way they think they should think or believe.

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Democrats do a worse job of uniting people then Republicans do at anything Republicans try to do, including acting like actual Republicans and controlling fiscal spending.  You can't unite people when all you see are the skin color of people.  You have to see every person as being an unique individual.  Democrats see groups, not individuals.  To the Democrats any particular African-American is a clone of every other African-American.  Any particular gay person is a clone of every other gay person.  Any particular Hispanic is a clone of every other Hispanic. Democrats believe every person that is a part of these groups acts, thinks, and behaves the same way.  That is why they have such a hissy fit over gay, African-American, and Hispanic conservatives.  They literally do not understand how such a person can not think or believe like the way they think they should think or believe.

Democrats have zero interest in uniting with bigots and idiots.  Full stop.

Do you people honestly think all voters agree with your point of view, but just say, "Fuck it, they're right but I'm evil, so I am going to do the opposite."   People have different priorities and views.  They fall for different bullshit.  Both parties just find the bullshit that sells best to their base at the moment with no regard for practicality.

Lies. Republicans had control and did zero about abortion, they increased the fiscal irresponsibility, put kids in cages, and decided to gut the EPA after creating it, because pollution saves money. At least be honest.

Democrats don’t stop a president from picking a Supreme Court nominee. Democrats don’t get outvoted and then try to strip the office of power before leaving. Democrats don’t try to enact rules which hinder opponents. They didn’t shutdown the government over a promise they couldn’t keep within their own party. Democrats didn’t exclude republicans from the ACA.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

I told you they'd do that. Told you. They admit to no racism ever. 

"I mean what's wrong with saying white power or white nationalism or white supremacy .. I don't get it. Reverse racism is the only real racism anyway. Besides who wants to live in Africa anyway, we did them a favor!"

giphy.mp4

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's really funny to see Republicans continually howl "DEMS WANT TO MAKE US VENEZUELA!!" when they're the ones trying to rig elections and want to make our tax rates more like Venezuela's. 

they jumped straight to the kleptocrat leader part, skipping the 'give everyone medicine' part

23 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Question, do you consider the following song lyric to be racist?

"And to the black folks he was just a crazy nigga"

You have to wonder about the white guys so anxious to find a loophole to allow them to say nigger. To me, it's very strange. Or it's something far worse than strange.

I'll actually acknowledge the parallel strangeness of a word having so much power, but there it is. White people (I'm one) should resolve to never think the concept of nigger let alone feel the need to use the word. I italicize the word to be clear that I think it is a special word that ought to be separated from other language.

• Like 2

It's a classic case of no empathy.  The inability of some white people to understand the subtleties of how that word might be used differently is staggering.  It's just sheer, willful ignorance.  Fuck 'em.

Edited by jimmyjazz
Responding to RomaVicta

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez