Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

ridiculous

The collective: scientific consensus is scientific fact.  Cannot be doubted.  

That's not what the collective is saying. The collective is saying the overwhelming evidence supports their hypothesis. You can doubt it all you want, but the evidence is not in your favor.

Edited by David Dennison

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Actually, I can accept on some level that but others are positioning scientific consensus as indisputable and me saying scientific consensus does not necessarily mean it is true.  BTW I am also not saying it is not true.

That's politics, not science. Science says the evidence is overwhelming, not indisputable.

15 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

The collective:  if i don't agree with you then you must be a fool and moron. 

Well, you're a fool and a moron if . . . hang with me here . . . you're a fool and a moron.

I know, it's sort of a circular argument, but I gotta say, your posts, they're pretty damning.  You just can't deal in facts.  Don't blame us.

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Actually, I can accept on some level that but others are positioning scientific consensus as indisputable and me saying scientific consensus does not necessarily mean it is true.  BTW I am also not saying it is not true.

Awesome. This would obviously be a very effective way to govern and/or live. 

Yes, the evidence is overwhelming that drinking drano will kill me. But, that doesn't mean that it will. And I'm not saying it won't either. Now, pour me a glass and let's solve this debate!

Edited by Dahobbs

On 2/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, David Dennison said:

That's because they are idiots.

Haha pos rep for the first time from me David Dennison. LOL at Hank Kingsley for thinking DiFi was being serious. I am not a fan of her politics but am a fan of her dry sense of humor.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Haha pos rep for the first time from me David Dennison. LOL at Hank Kingsley for thinking DiFi was being serious. I am not a fan of her politics but am a fan of her dry sense of humor.

Literally the only people I've seen who think she was joking are you, Hugo, and Dennison.  Everyone else seems to be taking it at face value . 

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Literally the only people I've seen who think she was joking are you, Hugo, and Dennison.  Everyone else seems to be taking it at face value . 

This Hill article was written by the same lady that tweeted about it yesterday.

Why isn’t there any video of the comment?  Why isn’t there a question she was responding to? 

So is the media the "enemy of the people"?  Are they out to get a Democratic senator? Ryan Grim from the Intercept is a liberal. 

Look, my whole point with this is the world is changing very quickly. And dinosaurs like Feinstein can't keep up. I appreciate her public service for all these years, but we need younger people in power. 

58 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You might be the poster most devoid of a sense of humor here so I’m not surprised you and the others you list don’t see it. She is an older, very intelligent lady with a dry, Jewish sense of humor she has exhibited in the past. Kudos to her by the way for not blowing smoke up those kids asses and giving them a dose of reality by highlighting her experience and knowledge and how unlike AOC she has legislative achievements and nearly quarter of century of winning elections in the Senate. I’d rather my kid be told that incremental change is possible because getting stuff passed in Congress is hard and that just wishing things like the GND doesn’t mean it will happen.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

49 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So is the media the "enemy of the people"?  Are they out to get a Democratic senator? Ryan Grim from the Intercept is a liberal. 

Look, my whole point with this is the world is changing very quickly. And dinosaurs like Feinstein can't keep up. I appreciate her public service for all these years, but we need younger people in power. 

Ryan Grim also hates Democrats like Feinstein, just like his boss Glenn Greenwald.

He knows better than anyone that she was kidding.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Icono, I laugh at your posts on a constant basis. 

Please continue your admiration for Supreme Leader Trump. 

LOL. Who the fuck is talking about Trump here? I am sticking up for a Democratic Senator who I respect because of her intellect and achievements who is grounded in the fucking real world. It is further proof how much this latest generation is behind the curve when it comes to achieving maturity. What AOC is spewing is cute, idealistic shit a 15 year old would think and say and would know is idealistic and not achievable by the time they graduate from college at the latest. She is almost 30!

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

In response to someone saying she was better at questioning Cohen than her colleagues with legal backgrounds -

She has a point.

She does, but I would guess the great majority of those questions (which were great by the way) came from her staff. Kudos to her for going with actual questions and not making a political statement for more "me" exposure. That is what DC needs more of. Less show more substance. Well done. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

She does, but I would guess the great majority of those questions (which were great by the way) came from her staff. Kudos to her for going with actual questions and not making a political statement for more "me" exposure. That is what DC needs more of. Less show more substance. Well done. 

And even with actual questions, there can be direct, effective questions and showboat questions (probably objectionable in court, as in "when did you stop beating your wife").  See, e.g. Kamala Harris.

Even if her staff did it, or brought in a real lawyer to do it, she deserves kudos for doing it and sticking to the script.

40 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That’s great. He is still under paid. 

By definition somebody is going to be underpaid with the current salary budget.  AOC just chose to ensure it was staffers at the top of the salary structure as opposed to the bottom.  Do you actually have a problem with that?

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

In response to someone saying she was better at questioning Cohen than her colleagues with legal backgrounds -

She has a point.

Just like dealing with mobsters and grifters in the mean world of New York real estate really gives you a jump on negotiating as President.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

By definition somebody is going to be underpaid with the current salary budget.  AOC just chose to ensure it was staffers at the top of the salary structure as opposed to the bottom.  Do you actually have a problem with that?

I don't have a problem with anybody entering voluntarily into an employment relationship.  Even if the agreed upon salary is below market rate.

The comment had two purposes, one of which was to compliment her CoS. Not everything is an attack.  I thought that AOC showed out quite well yesterday, and it is a compliment to both her and her staff. 

And her CoS is still underpaid. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think he does. He is just being pedantic. 

56 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And even with actual questions, there can be direct, effective questions and showboat questions (probably objectionable in court, as in "when did you stop beating your wife").  See, e.g. Kamala Harris.

Even if her staff did it, or brought in a real lawyer to do it, she deserves kudos for doing it and sticking to the script.

Absolutely. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez